The murderer

A man dressed in black stalked into the shadows of Central City, South Town. He looked for his next prey, a sheathed knife secured into his belt. Who would he kill next?
He went from one alleyway to another. All of them seemed to be empty because of that dratted festival! All of the residents of South Town seemed to be swarming around Pioneer Plaza instead of walking around alone in these alleyways. What did they find interesting in being in the middle of those suffocating crowds?
There seemed to be no life for him to take, besides the stray animals, which he considered to be no fun.
That was until he heard a door open in one of the alleyways.

Iori kept Scott within sight as he led him out into the dark alleyway.
"Stay close, don't go walking around alone," Iori commanded, taking out a portable bowl from under his coat. He always kept an extra in case he needed it.
He crouched and put the bowl on the ground after opening it. He then took out the milk that he bought and poured it into the bowl.
Iori made a sound and a few cats came out of hiding upon hearing his call. Scott was surprised at how the furry beings reacted to this intimidating man.
The cats approached him and started drinking up the milk that he poured for them. He bought a few cartons of it, so there was enough for all of them.
He stroked the fluffy fur of some of the cats, noticing how rough their fur was from not eating properly.
"These poor cats..." Iori said, turning towards Scott. "They haven't been getting enough protein."
"How do you know?" Scott asked curiously.
"Their fur feels really rough," Iori said. "Here, see for yourself."
Scott went towards him and stroked the cats' fur. It felt kinda rough.
"The protein helps to keep their fur in good shape," Iori explained. "If a cat eats more fish, their coat would be soft and shiny. It depends on what they eat."
"Interesting..." Scott said, taking it all in. "So that's why Ukee's fur is so soft despite being a monkey!"
"Yep," Iori said with a nod. "It applies to all animals, even us."
Scott nodded and played with some of the cats.
"Do you also know that cats are lactose intolerant?" Iori said. "That's why they can't drink regular milk."
"So they end up with diarrhoea?" Scott asked, surprised.
"Yep."
"Oh no the poor cats!" Scott said, panicking. "I've been feeding cats with regular milk all my life!"
Iori looked concerned when he said this.
"Is it to the same cat?" Iori asked.
"No," Scott said. "To other cats. But I did find some sick cats sometimes and immediately rushed them to the vet."
"Good," Iori said. "Don't feed them regular milk or cream. You need to buy specific milk. Got it?"
Scott nodded, a panicked look on his face. Iori laughed.
"Don't worry, the cats would be okay by now," Iori said, patting the boy's shoulder. "Here, pour some more milk for them."

'Alright, two birds in one stone!' The murderer thought as he watched the two people make a fuss over some stray cats. 'Let's see how these cat lovers would feel about feeding the cats with their blood!'
He stealthily stepped out of the shadows and went towards the two cat lovers, his rubber-soled shoes making no sound.
He didn't realise how there was a light hanging down from the side wall of the karaoke bar. Scott saw him when he stepped into it.
Scott gasped, unable to do anything besides just stare at the figure behind Iori. Iori looked up at him, confused.
"What is it, kid?" Iori questioned, confused.
Scott didn't answer. He just continued staring, his eyes wide and his heart racing. Iori realised that he was staring at something behind him.
"Is there something behind me?" Iori asked.
Scott managed to nod. The serial killer deliberately took his weapon out, making a sheathing noise. Iori grimaced. With the fury he felt, he scrunched the milk carton in his hand.
He stood up and turned around, facing the murderer.
"Leave now if you value your life," Iori warned, his face slightly shadowed by the darkness and his hair.
He heard a slight chuckle and saw the masked murderer take a step forward, coming towards him with slow steps.
Scott started to run but Iori stopped him, grabbing his shoulder from the back.
"Face your fear," Iori said. "Fight it."
"But I don't wanna die!" Scott exclaimed.
"Listen, kid," Iori said. "If you run, he could still chase you. It would be harder for him to kill you if you stay here."
"You're stupider than you look," the masked man said. "A cornered mouse never fights, fool!"
"But I am not a mouse," Iori said with a smirk. "I am a Yasakani, you fool!"
He pulled Scott's arm and asked him to get behind. The boy turned around and crouched, trembling as he gripped his head in fear.
Without warning, Iori set his entire body, including his face, up in flames, causing the killer to drop his weapon in shock.
"I will burn you to ashes," Iori said in a slow, intimidatingly gruff voice. This time, he walked towards him with slow steps.
The masked man stood there, glued to the spot, unable to move. No matter how psychotic he was, he was still taken aback upon seeing a man that didn't seem to mind being alight. He started sweating like he was in a sauna, even when he was just standing there in a cold night.
Iori stopped in front of him and gave out his trademark laugh. It sounded extra scary to the murderer in the dark alleyway, sending chills down his spine. Iori could've sworn he heard a gulp and a shaky breath being let out behind the mask.
Iori drew his arm back to attack him with a flaming slash, but to his surprise, the murderer collapsed.
"What's happening, Mr. Yagami?" Scott asked from behind him.
Iori turned around to look at Scott, not saying anything. Scott turned around and drew back in fear, seeing how he was on fire. He crawled backwards, almost hitting the cat bowl.
"It's okay, it's just me," Iori said, putting his flames out. "I am only able to do that because I have the Yasakani blood and I can control flame. Don't even think about trying this yourself."
"Y-You have powers?!" Scott asked in shock.
Next, it was his turn to pass out. Iori slapped his forehead, annoyed.
"Why is everyone fainting on me?" Iori asked himself, going towards the unconscious boy.
He carried the boy and sat beside the fallen murderer. He made sure that Scott was okay before calling the local police. It was a good thing the emergency number didn't require a SIM card. He didn't have an American phone number but he could still call the police.
He dialled 911 and informed them about the serial killer in front of him. The operator immediately contacted the local police station.
Kevin was surprised and immediately got into his police van. He rushed over to Iori's location and saw the redhead there with two unconscious people. The stray cats that they had been feeding rushed away upon seeing so many people arrive in their territory.
"What happened to him?" Kevin asked Iori.
"I dunno, he just fainted," Iori said, shrugging lightly. "I neared him, and he fainted."
"What about the boy?" Kevin asked, motioning towards the unconscious Scott. "What happened to him?"
"He fainted when he saw the murderer," Iori lied. "Anyway, officer. You better take this criminal into your custody. I'll take care of this boy, don't worry. He's just in shock."
Kevin nodded and checked if the criminal was okay. To his surprise, the killer suddenly moved. He got up and tried to pin the policeman down, reaching for his knife to kill Kevin instead.
Iori rushed over to stop him, but before he could, Kevin pressed his taser against the killer's abdomen, causing the man to grunt in pain.
He let Kevin go and another cop took the chance to handcuff him. Kevin got up and helped to drag the murderer away.
"Thank you, Mr. Yagami," Kevin said before walking out of the alleyway. "We've been trying to capture this psycho for far too long. We really appreciate your help."
And with that, they escorted the defeated, bloodthirsty criminal to the police station in their van.