The ritual

K' got home and was surprised to see Krizalid confronting him in an accusing manner.
"You..." Krizalid said, pointing to him. "I hate you! You ruined my life!"
"What?" K' asked, confused. "Kriz, what did I do?"
"You dislike butter sandwich crackers," Krizalid said much to his surprise. "Or anything sweet in general. And that's why I hate you!"
"Huh?"
"You're so obsessed with beef jerky," Krizalid said. "You're so dumb!"
Right after he said that, he fell headlong onto the floor, out-cold.
"Kriz, are you okay?" K' asked, kneeling down to examine him. "What's gotten into you?"
"He's just got too much to drink," Maxima said, adding another whiskey bottle onto his shelf. "He went on ranting about how we hate butter sandwich crackers and sports drinks for some reason. He even mocked me for liking desserts!"
"And he said I'm stupid for loving cold treats!" Kula added. "I wanted to freeze him, but uncle Maxima stopped me."
"Well yeah," said Maxima. "This dude doesn't even know what he's saying!"
"Lets just take him back to the room," K' said, annoyed. "Come on, Max, help me lift him."
Soon, Krizalid was on his bed, dead drunk.
"Alright, I'm gonna go take a shower," K' said, grabbing his stuff and going to the bathroom. "Lets just leave him here..."
K' went to bed after shower. Krizalid was fast asleep by the time he came back.

Kyo was talking with his cousins while his parents slept.
"They said I'm cursed just like Iori now," Aoi said in regret. "I don't want to be succumbed to evil!"
"Why did you do such a thing?" Souji asked. "You should keep in mind that decisions made when angry are never good."
"I know," Aoi said, disappointed with herself. "They said I can end up like Yagami! They said I'll lose myself and go berserk!"
"Do you know something?" Kyo said. "Even Yagami broke the curse. That was a blood pact made centuries ago! Surely yours can be cured too!"
"But what about the disease I have?" Souji asked. "The Kusanagi clan has its darkness too."
"I dunno about that," Kyo said with a shrug. "Maybe it can... I don't know..."
"You're so lame..." Aoi said with a laugh. "Anyway, you said I can be cured right? How?!"
"We have to pay Kagura a visit," Kyo said. "She's the only one that knows how. At first, she said Iori's condition was incurable without having him lose his powers. But she found a way. An ancient method."
The next morning, the cousins went to see Iori.
Iori was very annoyed to get woken up early yet again.
"First your blond friend and now you?" Iori said in an annoyed tone. "What do you want...?"
"Your eyes..." Aoi said. "They're blue!"
"Is that why you're here?" Iori asked, annoyed. "To tell me my eye colour?"
"Niisan..." Aiko said, serving tea to them. "What brings you here?"
"We just wanted to ask Iori how he lifted the curse," Kyo said. "You see, Aoi here. She made a pact with Shermie so that she can have purple flames."
"Now that's dumb..." Iori said in dismay. "Why would you do such a thing? Do you know how much Aiko and I suffered? Do you have any idea?"
"I'm sorry..." Aoi said. "Is there a way?"
"Ask Kagura," Iori said. "I had no idea there was a way until she told me. She just called me suddenly and told me to come over."

Flashback (Iori POV)
The phone rang, abruptly bringing me out of my sleep. I sat up and groaned when seeing that it was a call from Kagura. I groaned and put it to my ear.
"Yagami!!" My ear... why does she have to shout like that?
I groaned. "What do you want?"
"Come over to my place, quick!"
"What is it now?"
"Just come!"
"Why?"
"No questions. Just come!"
Annoyed, I hung up and groaned out of bed to to get dressed before going over to her estate. She was waiting for me outside, wearing a purple silk kimono.
As soon as she saw me approaching her, she dragged me in and shut the door.
"What do you want?" I asked again.
"Gimme the Yasakani Jewel," she said, holding her hand out. "I found a way to lift your curse while keeping the Jewel intact."
"Why?" I just said. Who cares about the curse anyway? Life goes on, it's not like I can do anything for what my stupid ancestors did. They don't even deserve to be worshipped for what they have caused upon themselves and their descendants. "I am me and I don't care about the Yagami bloodline. It's pointless." I ended up saying.
"No it isn't!" She shouted. "Now just give it to me!"
"No..." I turned to leave.
"You leave me with no choice," Kagura teleported before me. "I'll just take it myself!"
She did something and extracted the Jewel from me. My knees gave way and I collapsed but she caught me and put me somewhere soft. I couldn't really see since my vision was rapidly darkening.
"Don't worry, Yagami," Kagura gently said, lowering herself beside me. "Everything is gonna be fine. I'm just borrowing this. If the ritual succeeds, you'll be free from the curse, forever. You will live a long, a happy life, free of Orochi's taint."
I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came. Kagura's figure slowly faded into the distance as she walked away and I could tell that she was smiling at me.

I woke up on a very comfortable sofa and looked around the room I was in. I remembered everything in a flash and saw a doorway not far off. How long have I even been out-cold?
I got up and stretched my muscles. I tried using my flame, but of course, it didn't work since Kagura took my Magatama.
I looked into the doorway and saw Kagura sitting down. Her eyes were closed and she was chanting something under her breath. My Yasakani no Magatama was floating in front of her, glowing.
What's she doing to it?
I stepped into the room and she immediately stopped. The Magatama fell into her hand, hovering just above her palm. She turned to me and called me over.
"Here," Kagura said, handing the Magatama back to me. "I don't know if it worked, but just try it. If it failed, then it would be impossible to do it again."
"Hmph."
I closed my hand around the Magatama and started feeling weird. My body was tingling all over! It was like something was eating away inside me. I groaned and held onto my head, feeling an unbearable headache suddenly attack me.
"It's working!" Kagura exclaimed. "Yagami, how are you feeling?"
"Aaaaaargh!"
Slowly, the feeling disappeared. I started feeling better and a lot lighter for some reason.
"What did you do to me?" I demanded, turning towards Kagura. She gasped, covering her mouth with her porcelain hand. "What? What's wrong? Have I become an alien?!"
I looked down at my hands and felt my face, but I didn't feel anything different.
"Why are you looking at me like that?!" I demanded again. "What's going on?"
I created a flame on my hand and to my surprise, it was red! Oh my gosh, what the heck?! I was so shocked that I fell backwards onto the ground, screaming at my hand.
"Yagami, relax!" Kagura helped me up. "The ritual worked. You're free from the curse!"
The curse is broken? Is this really happening?
I couldn't hear Orochi's voice sneering me at the back of my mind, nor did I feel like I had an identity crisis.
"But why did you gasp when you saw me?" I asked, puzzled. "Did my face change? You looked kinda shocked!"
"Wait."
She made a mirror in front of me and I looked at my reflection.
Wait a second...
My eyes! There were blue!
"What happened to my eyes?!?!" I screamed.
"The red colour was a result of the curse," said Kagura. "So when it was lifted, it went back to its natural blue."
"Then what about my sister?" I asked. "She's cursed too."
"Not for long, Yagami," Kagura smiled. "Go see her and give her a big hug. The purity of your Yasakani no Magatama will cleanse hers too."
So that's it then. I went to where my sister lived and saw her in the garden. Her eyes were still red and she looked rather doleful.
I went to her and she instantly lit up upon seeing me. But her smile faltered when she looked me directly in the eyes.
"Niisan, your eyes!" Aiko remarked. "Are you wearing contacts?"
I said nothing and hugged her just as Kagura said. She started screaming, and eventually fell to the ground. I knelt at her level too, not letting go one bit. She eventually calmed down and looked up at me, her eyes just as blue as mine.
"What happened?" Aiko asked, curiously. "What did you do with that hug? I feel... different."
"Our curse has been lifted," I smiled. "We're free from Orochi's grasp!"
Aiko gasped. "How? You've hugged me a million times before, but that did nothing...?"
I explained to her and soon I moved back to our childhood home where she lived alone after I left to fight.
And for some reason, my hatred towards Kyo disappeared too.