Rerstored Pride

Maple came slightly early for her lesson at Kyokugenryu Dojo. The Sakazakis, Robert and Khushnood were there, meditating together.
Maple put her bag down at the side and joined them. She relaxed herself and her mind. She felt peaceful.
"First rule in martial arts is having a peaceful mind," Takuma said, getting up to begin. "Let's start with a warm-up first."
They started warming up. Maple was the only student for the day.
They started stretching when suddenly someone barged in.
It was a man wearing an Aikijutsu uniform with a kitsune mask. Takuma instantly recognised him.
"I'm not here for you this time, Takuma," the man said, going towards Ryo. "I am here for you, Ryo Sakazaki. And for stealing my theme!"
"Bring it on, punk!" Ryo said, standing in his fighting stance. "Let's see how well you have progressed."
Ryuhaku was dismayed to see so few students there at the time but just decided to fight him anyway.
They fought and it was a gruelling battle between them. Ryo found that Ryuhaku has greatly improved. He had been training just so he could beat Ryo and restore his pride.
Ryo tried really hard to beat him but failed. Failed by this much.
Ryo passed out, bruises all over him.
"I know this is something personal between you, Todoh," Takuma said. "That's why I didn't interfere."
"It isn't Ryo's fault, father," Yuri said. "It was mine. Ryo broke into his dojo only because he was looking for me."
"It was my mistake too," Takuma admitted. "I should've brought you back when I saw you being brought to Mr Big's lair."
Ryuhaku dramatically took his mask off to reveal himself.
"I am Ryuhaku Todoh," Ryuhaku said proudly. "I am the undefeated master of Todoh-Ryu Aikijutsu!"
"Well, why not try beating the Invincible Dragon's predecessor?" Takuma said, cracking his knuckles. "Let's just say this battle wouldn't tarnish neither of our prides. Shall we?"
They both went to a private room to battle alone. The others only heard grunts and kiai coming from that room.
"What just happened?" Maple asked. "What's going in?"
"I have no idea," Yuri said. "Khushnood, Robert, help me revive Niisan."
Khushnood and Robert helped Yuri put Ryo on a chair. Yuri grabbed a bottle of water and splashed some water on her brother. Ryo sat up weakly.
"Ooh my head..." Ryo said, holding his head. "What just happened?"
"Ryuhaku defeated you," Yuri said, helping her brother drink water. "It was a long grudge he had been keeping, and it's finally gone."
"Well, congratulations to him, that sore loser," Ryo said, drinking more water. "He can't handle humiliation properly..."
"Well, sore loser indeed," Robert agreed. "He hasn't got good sportsmanship."
"Yes," Khushnood agreed too. "He needs to learn how to handle defeat."
"Are you okay, Mr Sakazaki?" Maple asked, concerned. "You look tired."
"Well, I am," Ryo admitted. "Well, kudos to him for finally defeating me. I need to stretch my muscles..."
They continued with their session. Ryo coached them well despite just being beaten up.
"Where's dad?" Ryo asked Yuri.
"Having a sparring session with Todoh," Yuri said, rolling her eyes. "Something tells me that the end of their rivalry isn't far off."
"I agree," Ryo said. "Anyway, Maple, we'll start of with punches."
"I have no idea what's going on..." Maple said, scratching her her head.
"You better get used to this, kid," Robert said, continuing with the training.
Maple did well and the others were pleased with her. The session soon ended and she went to the bathroom with Yuri. Yuri and Maple spoke to each other while they showered in side-by-side stalls.
"You're good," Yuri praised. "Keep it up, Maple!"
"Thanks, Yuri," Maple said. "You're really good too."
"Anyway, I heard you have some story with Rock?" Yuri asked with a cheeky grin. "Come on, tell me!"
"Well, he's cute, strong, bold and all but..." Maple trailed off. "But he's... oh how do I say this... nervous?"
"Yep," Yuri agreed. "That kid's too nervous."
"Very," Maple said. "He's always... stumbling when I go to him. But he seems great and stuff, I've even seen how he comes to school on his cool bike. But I'm not really into biker stuff."
Yuri was kinda surprised. She thought that Rock and Maple had a thing but she didn't think it would deflate this quickly!
"Do you think he has his eye on someone else?" Yuri asked.
"I have no idea," Maple said with a shrug. "He turns red at the sight of any girl. I have no idea if he has a crush on anyone."
"That makes sense," Yuri said with a shrug. "He always avoided me and almost always sticks with Ryo and dad. But I guess I can't blame him. He hasn't seen many women in his life."
"What happened to his mother?" Maple asked. "I never bothered to ask him..."
"It's a long story," Yuri said. "One that might even take a week to explain."
They finished up and went out of the bathroom. They went to the dojo to see Takuma and Ryuhaku having a lively conversation.
"You don't see that everyday," Yuri said, wide-eyed. "Anyway, you guys wanna get some lunch or something?"
"Yeah..." the others agreed.
They hopped into Robert's sleek red Alfa Romeo Giulia and went to Pao Pao Cafe. Maple came with them too.
They had lunch and saw Kasumi there with her family. She saw them and came to them.
"Kyokugenryu!" Kasumi yelled as she stood in front of them. "You're gonna pay for what you did to father!"
"He already did," Robert simply said. "Just look at him."
Kasumi looked at him and saw how he was badly bruised.
"D-Did father do this to you?" Kasumi asked hopefully. "So father's back?!"
"Yep," Yuri confirmed. "He's at our dojo, having a cheerful conversation with dad."
"Dad?" Kasumi said, surprised. "Having a cheerful conversation with your father?! Go lie to someone else."
"It's true," Ryo said with a shrug. "Go see for yourself if you don't believe us. He's still there, I think."
"I might as well," Kasumi said before going back to her table. "See ya."
The Todohs left quickly after finishing their meal.
They went to the Kyokugenryu dojo and found that they weren't lying. Ryuhaku was indeed having a cheerful conversation with Takuma.
"Daddy!" Kasumi exclaimed, hugging her father. "You came back!"
"Kasumi!" Ryuhaku exclaimed, hugging her back. "I've missed you!"
After that, Kasumi gave her father a punch.
"That's for leaving us behind for your ego!" Kasumi shouted. "Let's go home."
The Todoh women practically carried him out of there.
"He's in for it," Takuma said with a chuckle. "Right Ryo? Ryo? Robert? Yuri?... Maple? Khushnood? Where is everybody?"
He didn't realise that the others just left him there with Todoh and went to Pao Pao.
"They are so mean!" Takuma said angrily.
But of course, they returned with lunch for him. They did still think of him.