Prom dates

The BOF team members have gone back to Japan and Terry was with Ukee at home. The teenaged boys were at school while Andy was away with Mai.
"So it's just you and me, Ukee," Terry said, stroking the monkey's fur. "Well, at least you didn't ditch me. That would not be fun..."
He noticed a bare wall in his backyard that looked far too plain. Without a second thought, he grabbed some paint and headed outside with Ukee.
The little monkey sat on the table while Terry started painting the wall.
He didn't have an idea at first and glanced at his monkey. Ukee was obediently sitting and watching him, chattering what sounded like cheering.
And then he glanced down at himself. He got an idea and started painting.
He painted a monkey riding on a wolf's back.
Terry decided that his front wall was a little plain too and painted some designs there too.

Rock POV
"Dude, you said you liked Maple right?" Jae asked, walking alongside me as we left the English classroom. "Then go ask her out for prom!"
"She doesn't like me, dude," I frowned, hugging my books closer to my chest. "She's more interested in Scott!"
"Seriously?" Jae said, annoyed. "Dude, go ask her!"
"She's probably gonna ask Scott," I said in an annoyed tone. "Stop bugging me!"
I quickened my pace, leaving Jae behind. Sorry, Jae...
Well do feel sad since Maple seems to like Scott more. I do like her, but... I never summoned up enough courage to ask her out.
It was also pretty funny, considering he actually snatched her purse. Usually girls would go for the 'hero' that saved their bag, but this girl...
She fell for the guy that took her bag.
It's not that I don't feel happy for Scott, I do. I really do. The poor guy's been through so much, it's only fair that he enjoys his life a little.
It's not like any girl would fall for me anyway. They think I'm a wimp!
I arrived at the locker hall and made a beeline for mine. I put my English books away into the locker and shoved my Chemistry books into my backpack before swinging it over one shoulder. I turned around to leave, but I accidentally bumped into someone behind me.
It was Maple.
"Oh hi Maple," I could feel myself turning red. I pulled my cap down lower to shadow my face a little.
"Hey Rock," Maple said and went towards the locker next but one to mine. "How have you been?"
"I've been great," I said, hiding my trembling hands inside the pockets of my coat. "W-What about you?"
"I've been great too," Maple replied with a smile. "How's Terry and his brother?"
"They're good," I said. I suddenly got an idea.
Maybe I should ask her to the dance? Well, let's give it a shot.
"Hey um... Maple?" I began, hoping that my voice doesn't crack. "Do you have a date for the dance yet?"
"Dance?" Maple asked, confused. "What dance?"
She doesn't even know?
"Prom," I said. "It's next month. In June."
"Oh," Maple said. "You meant that dance. Well, I already have a date."
She does? There goes my chances...
"Oh okay," I smiled. "That's nice. Have fun."
I gave her a short wave and dragged myself off to the Chem lab. I think I'm not going for the dance...
I entered the lab and went to my spot next to Scott. He handed me a worksheet.
"Teacher gave us work," Scott informed. "She's gonna be a little late."
I put my bag down and took my stationery out before starting the worksheet. Scott suddenly nudged me.
"You have a date for prom yet?" Scott asked me. I just shook my head without looking up from the worksheet. "Aww, really? That's a shame..."
"Let me guess," I said, looking up. "Maple asked you out?"
"How did you know?" Scott asked in surprise.
"It's written all over your face," I said with a shrug. "Have fun, dude. I don't think I'd come..."
"Dude, why?" Scott frowned. "We can still hang out!"
"No thanks," I said. "I don't wish to be the third wheel around you guys."
"Oh okay," Scott said, a little disheartened. "In that case, I won't be going too."
Wait what?
"What?" I said. "Don't be like that! You go ahead! I'll be alright at home. I can sit around with Ukee, no problem."
"I'm not gonna leave you out of this, buddy," Scott gave me a slight smile. "If you're not going, I'm not either. Besides, you guys are the ones that gave me a better home. How can I just abandon you like that?"
I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. I turned back to him and smiled.
"I'll be coming too, dude," I said. "I don't want you to miss the fun because of me."
Scott grinned and continued to finish his work.
I need to find a way to bail. Or maybe I can hang with Jae. Hope he's free.
The teacher soon arrived and started discussing the worksheet. It was break time after this. And I left my lunch in the locker.
I'll have to go get it...

Scott waited as I took my lunch out. He already brought his with him. Well, technically it's the same thing. I made turkey rolls for both of us this morning.
Someone walked past us and went to the locker next but one to mine.
Maple.
She greeted us on the way and slammed her locker open to noisily take something out.
"Drat... where's that stupid bag?!" She muttered, rustling through her mess of stuff. "I put it in here, but where...?"
Her face lit up and she started pulling something out. It was her lunch bag. But together with that, everything else fell out.
Scott went to help her stuff everything back. I put my stuff back into my locker and closed the door, messing up the combination to lock it.
They were both smiling at each other while putting the stuff back inside.
"I... I'll meet you in the Caf, Scott," I said, turning around to leave. "You guys sort that out first."
"Oi wait!" Scott called. "Wait up!"
He ran after me and slammed his hands onto my shoulders, jolting me.
"We're done," Scott said. "Come on."
"Hey Scott!" Maple called suddenly. "What's the theme for the prom again?"
Scott looked at me, questioningly. I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing it either. Scott seemingly remembered a few seconds later.
"It's Rocky Jazz," Scott said. "So anything in either rock or jazz style would be good, I guess."
Maple giggled and ran off.
We went to the cafeteria and sat down. Jae already bagged a spot for us.
"Guess who got a date for prom?" Jae announced with a smirk. "Nathalie agreed to go with me!"
So my plan of hanging out with Jae has just been crushed too. Looks like I need to bail.
"That's great," I said with a smile. "Glad she agreed."
"Maple's going with me too," Scott said with a smirk. "She asked me out this morning."
Jae gave me a disappointed look. I turned my gaze away, pulling my cap down to hide my face a little.
"Itokatsu!"
All of us turned towards the source of the sound.