Missing Marten

Third Person POV
Hotaru came running towards the boys.
"Have you guys seen Itokatsu?" Hotaru asked. "He's missing!"
"You brought him to school?!" Rock asked, getting up in shock. "Hotaru..."
"Why did you?" Jae asked, getting up too. "You know how he runs off right?"
"Who's Itokatsu?" Scott asked, confused. "And why does he keep running off? Is he special or something?"
But the other two boys just left him behind and ran off with Hotaru. Scott wanted to go after them, but decided to stay and take care of the table and their food.

Rock and Jae helped Hotaru hunt around the school for the little marten.
"Itokatsu!" They called, looking for the marten.
Rock searched in the garden and was kinda exasperated. Hotaru would definitely be caught of someone else found the marten.
Suddenly, he felt something tugging at the bottom of his pants, followed by something running up to his back. He kinda panicked and wriggled, but the next thing he knew, a pointed nose was sniffing at his ear.
He gave a shout and pulled whatever it was that was there.
It was a furry, blond creature.
It was Itokatsu.
The marten ran up his hand and perched itself on his shoulder, not wanting to move.
"Well, looks like I've found you," Rock said, taking the little marten away from his shoulder to hide him under his coat. "Hold on there, little buddy. If someone sees you, we're both toast."
He walked back to the cafeteria and saw Hotaru frantically searching in the hallways. He tapped on her shoulder to get her attention.
"I found him," Rock said, opening his coat to reveal the marten clinging onto his shirt. "Or more like, he found me. He greeted me by climbing me!"
Hotaru looked confused. Itokatsu never went to anyone besides herself and her brother. It's kinda new that he actually went to Rock.
Hotaru softly called Itokatsu. The marten immediately jumped off Rock and climbed up to her shoulder instead.
"Why did you run off like that, Ito?" Hotaru asked, playfully frowning at her pet. "Here, get back in your bag."
She put the marten back inside a bag. It reminded Rock of how he's seen people carry puppies around like that.
"Stay in there," Hotaru gently said.
They both went to the cafeteria again and continued their recess. Scott was still waiting.
"Where's Jae?" Scott asked when only both of them returned. "Wasn't he with you?"
"He's probably still looking for Ito," Hotaru giggled.
"Wait, I'll text him," Rock said, taking out his phone.
"Who's this Itokatsu guy anyway?" Scott asked, confused. "And where is he? You guys seemed to have found him, but I don't see him..."
"Don't tell anyone, okay?" Hotaru said, putting her bag down on the table. She opened it and a tiny nose stuck out, followed by the rest of a furry blond creature. "This is my pet, Itokatsu."
"What is he?" Scott asked, interested. "He's so cute, but I have no idea what he is!"
"Itokatsu is a marten," Hotaru said, glad that Scott liked her pet. "He ran off and Rock helped me find him."
"Can I hold him?" Scott asked hopefully. "He's so cute!"
"Well, I dunno..." Hotaru said. "He doesn't really go to strangers."
"Only one way to find out," Scott said, finishing the last of his turkey wrap. He wiped his hands with a napkin and started petting the marten.
But to his surprise, Itokatsu shrunk away deeper into the bag.
"Yeah, he's usually shy around strangers..." Hotaru said. "He only warms up to me and my brother..."
Hotaru opened the bag a little more and took out a container of canned peaches from her backpack. She opened it and fed her pet. She handed the container to Scott.
"Try feeding him," Hotaru said. "He might come to you."
Scott took the container and held it out at the marten. But to his surprise, Itokatsu shrunk back further and jumped towards Rock instead. Jae arrived and laughed, seeing how the marten was clinging onto Rock's coat instead.
"He likes me," Rock said, surprised. "But why not Scott? This guy loves all animals! He even tried to nurse an injured dog, but Andy didn't allow it. We ended up taking it to Mary's..."
"It's unusual..." Hotaru said thoughtfully. "He even took time to warm up to me!"
"Maybe Rocky has this special energy?" Jae said, making strange gestures with his bulgogi chicken. "And that's why Itokatsu is attracted to him?"
"Yeah but most animals are attracted to Scott," Rock said, confused. "Except this one. From cats to spiders, they're all attracted to Scott. He even tried bringing in slugs once, but Terry forbid it."
Rock ate his turkey wrap while feeding the marten some peaches.
"He's so cute..." Scott said, eyeing the marten with jealousy. "Why won't he come to me?"
Hotaru simply shrugged. "It's normal," she said. "But I do find it strange that he likes Rock..."
Rock shrugged too and handed the marten back to her. "I need to go see Mrs. Muckle. I need to pick up the pace!"
He quickly ate and dragged Scott and Jae off to go meet the teacher. Scott tried one last time to pet Itokatsu, but failed and almost got his finger bitten off.
"Ouch!" Scott cried, quickly redrawing his finger before the marten could crunch on it. "Bad marten!"
Hotaru giggled when Itokatsu actually stuck his tongue out at Scott.
"Why don't you like him, Ito?" Hotaru asked, stroking the marten's head. "He seems like a nice guy to me."
Itokatsu yowled and perched himself on her lap. Hotaru gave him the container of peaches.
"You eat too," Hotaru said, eating her crepes. "You must be hungry after running off like that."
The little marten started eating the container of sweet peaches.
"The prom's coming up and I don't think I'll be going," Hotaru told her pet with a sigh. "Well, it's not like anyone would notice my absence either, so I guess we can just chill at home with movies. How's that sound?"
Itokatsu looked up at Hotaru and gave her a pitiful frown.
"Oh come on, it's not that bad," Hotaru said, stroking his blond fur. "It would be fun! More fun than going to some flashy ball, don't you think?"
She stroked Itokatsu's head one more time and continued eating.

Meanwhile, Rock and Jae were hurrying into the school office to see Mrs. Muckle. Normally teachers would be at the lounge, but Mrs. Muckle was a little more special.
She was the vice principal.
"I'll wait here," Scott told them, sitting down at the waiting area. "You guys go."
The boys nodded and rushed into the office.
"Dude, why don't you ask Hotaru out?" Jae suggested. "She might come. The prom's gonna be held for both juniors and seniors, as in her year and ours. She'd be there."
"Well, I dunno," Rock shrugged. "She might not agree."
"Oh come on, she'd be good for you!" Jae urged. "You know, you always turn red around girls, right?"
"Yeah?"
"But not with her," Jae said. "You're okay with her, right?"
"Yeah?" Rock said, thinking. Then it dawned on him. "Oh my gosh, yeah! I actually feel okay around her. But I don't see her in that way..."
"Just go talk to her, dude," Jae said.
They arrived at Mrs. Muckle's office and went in. She asked them to come to get their books from her.
"I'm very impressed with your work, boys," Mrs. Muckle said, smiling at them. "Keep it up."
They thanked her and left the office.
"Dude, tomorrow, ask her about it," Jae urged. "She'd come, don't worry."
"Yeah, I'll try..." Rock said with a gulp.