Sneaky plans

"Who was that punk who ambushed us behind that club?!" Yashiro asked his housemates while sipping his early morning coffee. "He looked like Yagami, sounded like Yagami, acted like Yagami, even his powers were like Yagami. But he isn't! His eyes are blue! His flames are red!"
"I have no clue too," Shermie said, fixing her fringe. "Chris?"
Chris shrugged and served them each a plate of waffles.
"But what if it is Yagami?" Chris said, putting a bottle of maple syrup and toffee sauce on the table. "Like, I've never seen anyone perform an Ura 1207 Shiki: Yamisogi that perfectly besides Yagami."
"But his flames...?" Yashiro asked, confused. "And his eyes? Yagami has red eyes as far as I know."
"The legend says his eyes are actually naturally blue," Shermie said, finishing her hair. "The Yasakanis were known for their flaming red hair and shockingly blue eyes since way back. It may be him."
"Which means, he lifted the curse?" Yashiro asked. "But it couldn't be. Yagami would lose his flames and his role of one of the Three Sacred Treasures. The only way to lift Orochi's curse is by forfeiting the Yasakani Jewel!"
Or so they think...
"Can you guys quit wandering about that and eat your breakfast?" Chris asked, annoyed. "Seriously, handling the two of you is like handling a pair of kindergarten kids!"
"Aww Chris!" Shermie said, squeezing his cheeks. "You're so cute! Thanks for being the mature one in our team even when you're the youngest."
"Chanks..." Chris said with his face squeezed. "Lemme go!"
Yashiro started messing about with Chris. He knew that Chris didn't like it when people touched his head. So that's exactly what he did.
"Stop that!" Chris said, trying to get away from him. "Let me eat! You need to eat too!"
"Fine..." Yashiro said, letting him go. "Gosh, Chris! You're an amazing cook! You need to join a cooking contest!"
"You think so?" Chris said, sitting down to eat.
"Yeah!" His teammates said at once.
"Your Bhutanese food is amazing too," Shermie said, helping herself to some maple syrup. "You should sign up."
Chris just shrugged and started eating his breakfast. He was surprised that he was the first to finish. He wasn't a really fast eater but his friends were unusually slow.
He just shrugged, put his plate in the dishwasher and left to go to school after telling his friends.
As soon as he left, Shermie and Yashiro started having a discussion.
"Oi Chris's birthday is coming up!" Shermie began. "What do we get for him?"
"I have no idea," said Yashiro. "What do you suggest?"
"Well, the only thing he seems to like is nature and Bhutanese food," said Shermie. "Why not we take him out to travel?"
"Great idea," said Yashiro. "Where shall we take him?"
They finished their breakfast and spent the hours staring at a map of Japan. They didn't want to take go anywhere too far.
"Tokyo? Nah we're literally there..."
"Hokkaido?"
"Seen it..."
"Yakushima?"
"That's done too..."
They continued thinking up places when they realised that the map wasn't completely unrolled onto the ground. Shermie realised and opened it. To her surprise, there was another island there.
"Okinawa?" Shermie read. "Yashiro, what's in Okinawa?"
"Beaches... forests..." Yashiro said and then brightened up. "That place would be perfect!"
"Great!"
Chris came home early that day since it was Friday. He went straight to the kitchen to make lunch. Yashiro quickly rolled the map up and hid it behind the sofa. Chris ignored their unusual grins and just waved at them before going to the kitchen to prepare ramen noodle-soup with Hosaki-menma as a topping. Yashiro was overjoyed when he saw what Chis made.
"Tomorrow, we are going to Gyodon Restaurant for breakfast," Shermie said. "I miss the breakfast special there."
"Well, at least I don't have to make breakfast tomorrow," Chris said. "Hey Yashiro, I haven't seen that hawk of yours for a long time. What happened to it?"
"I have no idea," Yashiro said regretfully. "It probably has it's own family by now for all I know. But well, if it wants to come back, let it come."
Chris went up to his room to watch more recipe videos or do... whatever he does. His housemates locked themselves up in Yashiro's room and searched for a hotel in Okinawa to book on Chris's. His birthday was in two weeks.
"Okay, this hotel looks good," Yashiro said, reading the reviews. "It's a three bedroom apartment, we can sleep in the living room if we want since there's a sofa bed, free breakfast, free parking. There's an arcade and there's a beautiful view of nature on your left and beach in front."
"Perfect," Shermie said. "How much does it cost?"
"Fifteen thousand yens," Yashiro said to her dismay. "For six nights."
"Wait what?!" Shermie asked, surprised. "Dude, that's so cheap!"
"I know right!" Yashiro said. "It has very good reviews too. I'm booking it!"
He booked the hotel and gave an evil laugh.
"Gosh, what happened to you?" Shermie asked, amused. "Did Yagami influence you?"
Yashiro looked at her angrily.
"No!" Yashiro shouted. "Do not compare me with that punk! Got it?!"
"Woo yes I got it," Shermie said jokingly. "Got it, got it, yes I got it!"
Yashiro was enraged. He left the room, slamming the door behind him. Shermie was left alone, giggling.
"Oh Yashiro..." Shermie said between laughter. "You're so handsome..."
They never told anything about their plans to Chris. They just kept quite about it and made plans.
Chris thought they wouldn't know of his birthday. He doubted his school friends knew too. He was an introvert at school and did not have many friends. He didn't actually know many people since he was new here. He transferred to a different school when he and his team were resurrected.
Orochi no longer needed his body to come to earth since Orochi was also resurrected when Verse was defeated. The entity was just sealed off in Aggtelek Karst, Hungary.
Chris was glad too. He wanted to have his own life and not follow his destiny of being one of the Four Heavenly Kings. His teammates realised too. If they were to resurrect Orochi, they would need to forfeit their lives to transfer their power to Orochi.
Now, they looked forward to the concert tomorrow night.