The next morning

Kyo waited with his phone. Usually, Yuki would text him before bed.
He was starting to get sleepy and Saisyu was nagging about his loud music.
"Yeah dad," Kyo called, rolling eyes. "I'll turn it down."
He turned his music player off and decided to use his earbuds instead. He eventually conked out and went to sleep. His earbuds died somewhere during the night.

Kyo woke up with a jump when he felt something sharp poking his face. He sat up and saw his mother pointing her naginata at him.
"Ma, stop that!" Kyo shouted, pushing the weapon away. "It's really scary!"
Shizuka said something, but Kyo couldn't hear. All he could see was his lips moving.
"Eh?" Kyo said, not understanding a word.
Shizuka repeated, but still Kyo couldn't hear anything.
"I can't hear, ma," Kyo said, panicking. "Ma, I think I've become deaf!"
Shizuka facepalmed and reached over at his ear. She pulled out a small earpiece and held it out at him.
"You slept with your earphones again," Shizuka said, handing it to him. "Keep this up and you'll become deaf for real!"
"Oh I didn't realise it..." Kyo said, looking at the object in his hand. "Well, thanks mom."
"Come down for breakfast," Shizuka said, turning to leave. "I made you okonomiyaki. Come down to eat."
Kyo yawned and got off the bed. He looked at his phone and saw that he had received a message.
Excited, he opened it, only to see that it was a meme from Benimaru. Kyo rolled his eyes and pocketed his phone before going down.
Saisyu and Shizuka were waiting for him in the dining room. Kyo sat himself at the chabudai with drooping eyes and yawned again.
"Did you brush your teeth?" Saisyu asked, pouring himself some traditional green tea.
Kyo frowned and got up. He went over to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He looked at himself in the mirror and realised how messy his hair was. He groaned and brushed it a little with his fingers.
He went back to the chabudai and sat down. Shizuka came in with the okonomiyaki.
"Eat up," Shizuka said, putting two plates down on the table before seating herself down next to Saisyu. She realised how Kyo kept frowning over his phone. "Ei, eat first. Put that phone aside."
Kyo made an annoyed sound and put his phone down next to him. He started eating the okonomiyaki and chugged down the green tea. As soon as he was done, he was back to frowning over his phone. His frown went from confused to worried. Shizuka and Saisyu looked at each other.
"Kyo, is something wrong?" Saisyu asked, noting his son's expression.
"It's Yuki," Kyo said. "She not only skipped texting me a goodnight, but skipped messaging a good morning? This isn't like her."
Saisyu rolled his eyes.
"Kyo, just because you're ever free, doesn't mean she is too," Saisyu said. "She goes to college, she has work to do. Unlike you."
"Dad, it isn't like her!" Kyo said in a worried tone. "She never ghosts me!"
"Kyo, she's probably just busy," Shizuka said. "Now go take a shower. I need you to buy some groceries..."
Kyo sighed and did what his mother had said. He went back to his room and collected his things. The amulet that Yuki gave him laid on his nightstand.
He picked it up and closed his hand around it. He put the amulet down on the stack of clothes on his bed before heading off to the bathroom to shower.
He wore the amulet before going off to get the groceries for his mother.

K', Krizalid and Zayn were yet again left alone in the apartment with no Kula, no Isolde, no Maxima and no Seirah. Seirah had gone back to working with the Ikari Warriors and wouldn't return until the weekends.
"So bored..." K' groaned, falling back on the sofa. "You guys have any ideas?"
"Nope..." the two others said together.
K' groaned again. He suddenly sat up and looked at them.
"What do you say we go to Inokashira Park?" K' suddenly suggested. "The place seems nice, wanna go?"
"Literally anything is better than this," Krizalid said, getting up. "Come on."
They got ready and filed into Krizalid's Toyota Avalon. He remembered how the car had came to him for free and turned the key in the ignition.
They drove to Gotenyama and went to the park. It even had a zoo. Even K' was having fun.
"That's it, next time we're going out instead," K' said when they stopped for burgers at a shop. "Sitting at home is much more boring..."
His clones agreed to him and enjoyed their food.

"Today was fun," Zayn said as they went back to their car with iced coffee in their hands. "I think we should do this more often."
K' agreed and got into the front seat next to Krizalid. Krizalid turned the radio on and Cutting Edge started playing. It was a one hour loop of the song.
"Don't you have anything else?" K' asked, annoyed. "I've never heard anything else besides your theme."
Krizalid sighed and changed the song to Tranquilliser instead.
"That's more like it," Zayn said, leaning back on the backseat. "If only my theme's also in there."
It soon started playing and Zayn looked pleased.
"That's more like it," Zayn said, satisfied. "Hey you have lots of themes in there."
Soon, KD-0079+ started playing. Krizalid glanced at K' and saw that he actually had a tensed look on his face as he looked at his phone. Confused, Krizalid asked him.
"What's up, Dash?" Krizalid asked. "Why do you look so tensed?"
"Iori just texted me," K' said. "He says that Kyo just met an accident."
"Oh my gosh," Krizalid said, concerned. "Is he okay?"
"I don't know," K' said. "Iori says that he ran into a car in Taito Ward."
"Oh I hope he's okay," Zayn said from the backseat. "Where is he now?"
"I don't know, but I feel like we need to go check on him," K' said. "Kriz?"
"Say no more," Krizalid said, hitting the accelerator. "Which hospital is he at?"
K's theme from KOF 99' started playing. K' noticed something strange at the side of the road.