Prom

Hotaru got all dressed up for the prom and waited in the living room for Rock to pick her up. Gato was surprised to suddenly see her waiting like that.
"Who are you waiting for?" Gato asked in surprise.
"For my date," Hotaru said. "It's prom night."
Gato felt a little angered.
"Who are you going with?" Gato asked.
"Rock Howard?" Hotaru said, confused. "Niisama, didn't I already tell you? That's why we went shopping, remember?"
Gato felt annoyed with himself. He never really listened to what Hotaru was saying. He was more interested in looking for leads to his traitorous father.
"Anyway, Rock is almost here," Hotaru said. "Wish me luck!"
Gato just grunted in reply. He planned to go spy on their prom.

"Scott, let's go," Rock said, borrowing Terry's keys. "Come on."
Scott gulped. "I never told Maple we lived together," Scott said, panicking a little. "Also, I don't wanna intrude on your date with Hotaru..."
"That's okay, you can take my car, then," Andy said, appearing with his car keys. "Here."
Scott watched as Andy dropped the keys into his palm.
"But I'm not sure I can drive..." Scott said hesitantly.
"You took your driver's license, didn't you?" Rock asked. Scott nodded slowly. "Then what's the matter? Just drive!"
"I'm a little rusty..." Scott said hesitantly. "I haven't drove in a while."
"You'd do fine..." Rock said, pulling him outside. "Come on."
"Yeah, it's not your car that's gonna be at stake," Andy called after them. "Don't scratch my car!"
Scott nodded and went to Andy's white car. Rock bit his farewell and got into Terry's car. He started the car and pulled out of the garage, waiting for Scott at the driveway.
Scott on the other hand...
He inserted the key into the ignition and turned it. He gulped and undid the car's brakes and shifted the gear to drive.
"At least this car's auto and not manual," Scott said gratefully. "I would have a hard time if this thing was manual gear..."
He drove out of the garage, rather slowly, and followed Rock to the streets. They went their separate ways when they came to the main road.
They both set their GPS to lead to their dates' homes. Scott pulled up at Maple's home and was surprised to see her running out in a jazz-style dress.
"Hey!" Maple greeted, getting in next to Scott. "Nice car."
"Thanks, I borrowed it from my... uncle..." Scott said. "So to school?"
"Yeah, sure!" Maple said. "Can I turn the radio on?"
"Sure, go ahead," Scott said. "The ride's too silent anyway."
She turned it on and tuned it to the jazz channel. Riders on the Storm by The Doors.
"What a coincidence," Maple said with a chuckle. "A jazz-rock song when going to jazz-rock party. How nice."
"Yeah, I know right," Scott said with a grin. "I love this song."
"Yeah but if you think about it, this was Jim Morrison's last song before he died," Maple said. "He died a month after its release."
Scott gulped. For no particular reason, the song suddenly sounded creepy...

Rock on the other hand, went over to the Futaba home. He texted Hotaru that he was outside and waited in front of the gate.
But to his surprise, Gato came out and stood in his porch, arms crossed and eyes glaring at the car in his driveway.
"Uh oh..." Rock said to himself. "What does he want?"
He was gonna get out of the car to greet him or something when Hotaru came out and pushed her brother to go back in. She dusted her palms as if she had done something big.
Hotaru slung her quaint dinner bag over her shoulder, gently, and skipped over to Rock's car. Rock could just about guess why she did it gently.
She got in next to Rock and asked him to drive to the prom.
"Does your brother mind?" Rock asked just in case. "He seemed pretty mad..."
"Oh he's just confused," Hotaru said with a chuckle. "Despite the fact that I told him like a kajillion times, he didn't hear at all."
"Now that's lame," Rock said with a chuckle. "Anyway let's head for the prom! Also, I wanted to ask you something..."
"What is it?" Hotaru asked curiously.
"Is Itokatsu by any chance with you?" Rock asked. "He's in that bag, isn't it..."
"How did you know?" Hotaru asked in surprise.
"You handled it so gently when coming in," Rock said with a grin. "It's as if it contains glass."
"I don't wanna hurt Ito..." Hotaru said. "But yeah. He's inside."
Rock drove off to his school and saw Scott arrive at the same time too. They both grinned at each other and went to the gymnasium.
There was a buffet table and as usual, the principal roamed around, trying to stop delinquent students from ruining the party.
Like one of the boys sneaking liquor into the bowl of punch.
"Doesn't he ever let us have fun?" Scott whispered as they went in. "Can't he leave us in peace for once?"
"Never," Rock whispered back with a grin. "But hey. Stopping that knucklehead Brick from ruining the punch was good. I don't wanna accidentally get drunk and end up crashing Terry's car..."
"Same..." Scott agreed.
"My brother would kill me if I returned drunk," Hotaru added with a chuckle. "He's already a bit mad at me for coming."
They danced together and there was a DJ that played mostly old jazz and rock music. They even had The Twist by Chubby Checker.
"Can we go tell them to play Johnny B. Goode or something?" Scott asked with a smirk. Then his face fell a little. "You guys do know what I mean, right?"
"Course!" Rock and Maple said together.
"Not really, but I do know the song," Hotaru said.
Scott grinned and snuck off to the DJ and asked him to play the song. He went back to the others, snickering.
"He said he'll play it after this," Scott grinned. "Now it's a Jazzy Rock party!"
The others laughed and went over to the snack table to get some snacks till the song finished. They wanted to dance to the song when it came, 50's style.

A/N: Hey guys! I actually forgot about Rock's prom lol. The party actually happens after the prom. So yeah. I'm sliding this in here. There would be a few chapters more in here before the actual party. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!