A Day Alone

SIREN's P.O.V.

I hear Constance remind Shannon I wasn't completely healed yet and her and I both giggle as I go in to my apartment. I leave the door open for Shannon and drop my keys on the counter. As I turn on the Kurig for some hot chocolate, I grab a cup and Shannon's favorite blend and start his coffee. I turned around to get cups, and Shannon came out of no where and pinned me against the counter!

"I have to know why..." He was staring me in the eyes... The brown and gold in his hazel eyes burned... "How did you just wake up and say I was what you wanted? No regrets? No... hesitations! Just jump back in my arms? And YES! I'm kicking myself for asking... But I need to know..." Shannon was almost pleading with me!

I slide my hands up his black silk shirt under the black jacket with white stiching he was wearing. All the way up around his neck, I feel the muscles in his shoulders flex as he pulled me close to him. "Shannon, that is kind of what happened... Jean was laying in the bed the other morning, the morning I scared the shit out of you..." I kind of laughed... "I wasn't pissed at them! I figured it out! I knew then Shannon, and I fought it. But then, I just couldn't! I love you, and you are who I want to be with... Jared was right, our hearts, they belonged to you and Jean. And that is what I wanted for my birthday.  I wanted you. I wanted to be yours again... But I had to ask you to be mine... I had pushed you away for so long, and you never gave up.. So I had to show you it was worth it! Cause you showed me I was worth not giving up on."

Shannon kissed me with a fire I hadn't felt in so long! The way he pulled me into to him, made me want him more... He had his left hand in an ace bandage wrapped around my waist, pulling me into his body... And his right hand against my face with his massive fingers around the base of my head. I could barely breathe! His grip was intense! As if I was going to pull away from him! I met his lips with every motion, the way he bit my lip and traced my lip with his tongue, I wanted to tear his clothes off! And of course he HAD to growl! My hands that were already locked around his neck and running up through his hair, dug deeper into his flesh until he gasped.

"Your shoulder..." I wanted to pull away, his arms prevented it.

"It's a little tender still, you didn't know." Shannon's eyes were still on fire! "It actually snapped me back just in time.... So don't be upset, it didn't hurt that bad, I promise..." He was still trying to get a steady breathing pattern again. 

"We weren't going to stop before I was on my back and tied up!" I laughed as I lay my arms back down towards my sides. I left my hands on his chest. Shannon still had me wrapped up in his arms as I looked in to his eyes... "It will come, just not yet... We're stuck for a more weeks..." I took a deep breath as I tried to compose myself... "But I wouldn't trade the reason we have to wait to be together again. Our daughter is my reason for being!"

"Damn... I thought I was a big part of that!" Shannon chuckled as he gently stroked my face with his thumb.

I smiled as I blinked and looked him in the eyes again... "Shannon, I wouldn't have her if you hadn't made me open up and let you in. I can't understand how lucky I got..." I had to fight back the tears, "To have you NOT give up on me.... Shannon, you could have ANY girl you wanted!"

"Hey.... " Shannon put his right index finger over my lips. "I love you! Siren, you are everything I have ever wanted in a woman... Strong, supportive, couragous, sexy, funny, sensual, erotic, dark, mysterious, and just completely unique! I can't imagine how I've lived with out, until I didn't have you... And that was the worst feeling ever! I would rather put up my drums than loose you and Connie!"

"DON'T YOU EVER! I WOULD LEAVE YOU!" I pushed him away! "Your brother and you and Tomo have worked WAY to FUCKING hard! I swear Shannon! Don't you EVER stop doing what you love! Shannon.." He had pulled me back in to his arms... "The only reason you would loose me and Connie is if you ever lay your hands on me. I promise you! I'm not going anywhere... Just don't ever lay your hands on me or our daughter, and I'll walk through fire for you! I'll stand by and wait for you to come home from the tour to a house full of screaming kids on their own drum kits! Just make sure the house had plenty of asprin!" I laughed... So did Shannon. I kissed him...

"A house full of them huh?" He smiled... "You seriously up for another baby? We haven't even had a full night alone with her yet. You think you can handle expecting another one this time next year maybe?"

"Shannon, as long as I have you in my life... I will be up for anything!" I smiled at him... "Except for sky diving... It's not happening!" I laughed. "But before we take on the world my sexy drummer... We BOTH need some rest! I hear we are going to dinner with Jared and Jeanette and probably Vickie and Tomo. And we need to talk about a BIG game plan when it comes to the tour, Connie, the wedding, living arrangements, the wedding, the honeymoon...." I laughed as Shannon kissed me.

"Later you gothic elegant beauty, I'm going to kiss you and put you to bed!" Shannon laughed as he started untieing my corsette. "Unfortunately, it's not the way we BOTH want me to put you to bed...." He kissed me again as he pulled me in to the bed room... "But for now, OFF to bed with you! And just dream of the TORTURE I am going to enjoy taking out on you when you are finally my wife! And trust me Siren, I know you and I are going to BOTH enjoy that!"  

With that Shannon stripped me down and then PUT me in my pj's and tucked me in after putting all the coffee and things away and setting my cup by the bed on the night stand. I think I heard him giggle as he kissed my cheek and I started to drift off to sleep. I know I did hear him whisper, "Just wait my Siren, you'll be my wife soon enough!" The last thing I remember before I drift off to sleep completely, is Shannon pulling me into his body as he snuggles in beside me in the bed.