Dreaming

SHANNON's POV

I hear my phone go off with a text message: We're here.

I suddenly get a big smile on my face and start looking for Jared. "Yo Tomo, have you seen Jared? The girls are here."

Tomo stops and smiles. "I bet Vickie already has them and is on their way to the stage. Jared was in the locker room grabbing a shower."

"I thought that since Shannon already grabbed one, and the girls would be here soon..." Jared popped up out of the Orioles dug out.

"They're here. I'm hoping Vickie has them and is bringing them in." I said as Tomo walked up along side me and we approached Jared.

"So Vickie is going to pull the blind fold off and bring her through the locker room. Sarah is a big O's fan and she is probably going to freak out when she meets Brady Anderson anyway." Tomo was trying not to giggle. "She is going to think that is her surprise."

"Supposedly that has been her dream since she was like 12!" Jared chuckled.

"Him or you and that guy from your band on My So-Called Life." Vickie laughed.

*Beep Beep Beep* Phone text tone rings...

Message from Brady: I'm sending them out in like 5 mins.

"They are getting ready to come out." I shoved my phone back in my pocket. "Jared how are we doing this?"

"Let's stick to the plan. She will choose how she wants to go after that." Jared seemed like he was up to something. I had the sneaking idea that he was planning the same thing I was. Just which one of us was going to be able to snag the chance to win her over.

SIREN's POV

"We're here." My sister's voice is almost shaking. "I'll pull the blindfold off in a minute."

I hear the car door open and someone take my hand and guide me out of the car. As I stand up I am nervous. Everything that I had thought was going on in my life just hit me like a brick. I was so desperately trying not to cry. The accident, the fact that everything I thought had happened to me had just been a dream, and my son was really dead. If ANY of it could have been a dream, why couldn't that have been the dream.

I feel someone's hands touch my face. "I'm going to take the blind fold off of you now. Is that okay with you?" It was a man's voice, low, rough, sexy. I got even more nervous. I kept my eyes closed as I feel these rough hands slowly and softly touch my face and slide the blind fold off my face. It was then that whom ever it was saw the tears flow from under the cloth. "Hey sweetheart, there isn't any reason for you to cry anymore." As I feel the man pull me into a STRONG hug I throw my arms around this stranger and just cry. "Shhhh, Siren, Welcome to your new life where EVERYTHING you have been dreaming of for 20 years is now possible."  And before I know it his arms release my body and then swoop under me and pick me up!

I open my eyes to look into the face of my childhood baseball hero Brady Anderson. "This is a dream. No, this..."

"Hahahahaha...." He chuckled and did NOT put me down. "They said you wouldn't realize that this is real." Brady smiles at me and carries me into the locker room of my favorite baseball team the Baltimore Orioles. "And my dear friend, this is going to get better from here on out. Your sister and you are two of the luckiest women on the planet."

"Brady!" My sister yelled at him; "Don't you spoil her surprise!"

"Jeanette I wouldn't dream of it!" Brady smiled and finally put me down as we came through the home team side of the dugouts.

As Brady put me down on the field I turned around to see an unbelievable sight in front of me. I was in shock!

"Welcome to the rest of your new job sis!" Jeanette just beamed.