Darkness

BEEP.................BEEP.................BEEP.................BEEP.................BEEP.................

Everything is dark, I can feel my body is in desperate amounts of pain. I can faintly hear the beating of someone's finger tips on a solid surface.

BEEP...............BEEP...............BEEP...............BEEP...............BEEP...............BEEP...........

I can hear the sound of voices coming from close by. Though I can not hear how many different voices; nor what they are saying.

BEEP.............BEEP.............BEEP..............BEEP..................BEEP..............BEEP..............BEEP...

My body is completely stiff, achy all over. I could feel something lodged in my mouth so I could not bite down.

BEEP..........BEEP.........BEEP...........BEEP..........BEEP..........BEEP..........BEEP...........BEEP..........BEEP

I quickly realize that I am not breathing; yet I am! It is apparent that can not speak, let alone move!

BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.......BEEP.....

I hear a voice close to my ear. "Don't fight baby..."

BEEP.......BEEP.....BEEP......BEEP......BEEP.........BEEP..........BEEP...........BEEP........................BEEP

I feel like I know this voice; it is kind and familiar. Everything is hazy.

BEEP.............BEEP.............BEEP............BEEP...........BEEP...............BEEP..........

I feel hands moving things and all of a sudden I find it easier to breathe. The pain starts to ease and I feel someone take my right hand.

"Baby, I'm right here. I'm not leaving your side." I hear a soft voice crackle. I can tell they are crying; Though I can't recognize the voice.

I can feel the pain starting to drain out of my body and I feel someone move things that allow me to feel less restrained. Their touch is calming to the point I can feel my body start to relax. The sounds around me become more clear and I can hear the beeping sound start to even out even more to where it just a background noise. I hear the sound of people sitting in chairs and whispering; though I can't make out what they are saying.

Slowly I feel the safety to open my eyes and look around. Everything around me is so blurry. I feel my eyes start to blink as things clear.

"Oh my God, I'm so glad you finally woke up!" I see a blurred figure with long hair collapse on my legs crying. "I thought I had lost you."

I feel a tear fall down my face as I realize I must be in the hospital... What had happened? Where was I? I was lost and so confused, and beyond that broken. They were gone. It was all gone.... It was all a dream... "I knew I really wasn't that lucky..."