New Day

CONSTANCE's P.O.V.

Shannon and Siren had packed up Connie and were off on a birthday weekend in Napa for Shannon's birthday. They would be gone for 5 days. It was killing us all that they would be away so long with Connie... But we had a wedding to plan. And two of them at that! Not only were Siren and Shannon's wedding coming up on April 1st, Jeanette and Jared's wedding would be on May 17th. So we had a LOT of planning to do while they were gone. Especially because Siren and Shannon's was going to be basically a surprise for Siren. Shannon had told us to make sure it was going to be a day she wouldn't forget! So that is what Jeanette, Nicole, Siren's mom Carol, and I had planned on doing. Vickie was having a blast helping get everything we needed to Siren's liking. they had become so close over the time they had spent together. To watch the 4 girls all act around each other, it was like they were ALL sisters! It was incredible!

The bridal planning crew had met for one last meeting before we knew Shannon and the girls would be home.

"So I heard Shannon is doing something big for Siren for their wedding present. Does anyone know ANYTHING he is up to?" Jeanette put forth as we all got our salads at the beginning of our meal.

"Well..." Nicole looked like she had swallowed something sour! "I was sworn to secrecy... But I can't hold it in anymore!!!!!!" Nicole looked around and just blurted out... "Shannon called Mike and they found Siren's grandmother's motorcycle! Mike pulled some strings and of course Shannon spared no cost... But Carol, we found Mam's bike and he had Mike restore it completely and re touch the paint and chrome. That is why Mike didn't come out here with me... THAT is Siren's wedding present from Shannon."

Carol was in tears... "She's going to pass out! She has been looking for it since Allan sold it out from under her when she was pregnant with Joshua!"

"She is going to be so excited!" I just beamed! I knew my daughter in law to be was going to be so excited to ride her own bike along side of my son.

"I'm getting ready to go meet Mike at the hotel outside of town so Siren can't find us. He has the  bike in a trailer so he could drive it across the country with no damage." Nicole just beamed as she spoke.

We enjoyed our meal as we finished up the last few details that we needed to cover. everything was finally falling in to place. But as I was watching I felt something was just off. I shrugged it off as I knew we were all over stressed and just would be okay when all of the craziness was over and we were back to normal life.

Siren's P.O.V.

My phone rang and it was startling.

"Hello?" I answered the call that was coming in from my mother.

"Siren... How far away from the apartment are you?" My mom sounded shaken... I knew something wasn't right.

I looked over at Shannon and  lay my hand on top of his as we turn the corner on to the street that lead to Shannon's house. "We are almost to Shannon's house to drop off a few things and then headed over to see everyone; why?" I almost started shaking. "You don't sound right mom.. Is daddy okay?"

"Yes honey daddy is fine. I just need to talk to you about Nicole." I heard my mom start to break.

"Mom we are on the way to the apartment  we will be there in 20 minutes." I squeezed Shannon's right hand. He nodded his head and made the change in destination. "I love you and see you soon."

I hung up the phone and turned to Shannon, "Mom doesn't sound right. I think something happened. I don't ever hear her voice shake like that."

His eyes were my undoing... They looked at me with such compassion and concern. "Everything will be fine my love. We will be there soon." He threaded his hands in to mine as we hear Connie start to wake up and stir in the back.

Something just was not right and I knew it.