Chapter 186

Matt's POV: As I looked at Gabby and thought about what I wanted to do...I started to realize what I wanted to do and what we could do were two different things. One thing, I knew for certain though was that I wanted to do something with not only Gabby but all of the kids at once. Therefore, it had to be something easy since Gabby was still recovering from giving birth. "Well, that's the hard part." Rubbing her hip, I could tell Gabby was confused when I said that. "Matt, talk to me about that. What do you mean?"

Sighing as I looked at her I moved the covers up a bit more before bringing Gabby as close to me as I could since she still had a bit of a bump (though sometimes you couldn't tell because of what she was wearing). "The thing is Gabby, the stuff I would like to do for my birthday involves us doing it together. And not just individual activities with me and each of the kids. And since you are still recovering, I am not sure if us doing much outside is really a good idea. I don't want you to push yourself too hard and get hurt."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Look at you, even when we are talking about what you want to do for your birthday...you are still the best, most caring and loving husband that I could ever have." I smiled when she said that before giving her a quick kiss. "Comes with the job of being your husband." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "So, now I am going to ask you this because I don't care what we do for my birthday. What are you comfortable doing while you are recovering? And what can we do that won't overwhelm you?"

Gabby then thought about it and sighed. "I guess we could just go for a drive or something. I am not even sure. We can definitely go to Molly's considering all of our friends are going to be there. They always are." I then nodded. "You mean during the day?" Gabby looked at me and just shook her head. "Yeah, because I am going to suggest bringing our month old son to a bar." I laughed and understood. "One thing though I want is...I want to have a nice dinner with you at the end of the night when the kids are asleep."

Gabby smiled and liked the sound of that. "Now that is something we can both agree on. But, are you going to cook it or are we going to order in?" I thought about it and smiled. "Why don't we combine our suggestions then. We go to Molly's for a bit until supper rush. Then, we come home with some food from the restaurant. We have a quick snack with the kids when they are having supper. Then, when they are asleep...we go sit downstairs by the fireplace and have our real supper while snuggling by the fire."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "That is definitely the plan. However, no wine this time. I am not pumping on your birthday. I am only going to do it occassionally. I am home so, I would rather breastfeed as much as I could." I sighed when she said that. "You mean Wally right? Babe, you are still breastfeeding Ella too. You need to pump at least for her." Gabby thought about it and agreed. "God, why in the world did we think it would be such a brilliant idea of having 2 kids within 3 1/2 months of each other." I laughed and smiled. "Hey, we both agreed on it."

We both laughed when I said that and nodded. "Honestly, I would never change a thing. Having a second boy was perfect because it gave us an opportunity to honor Boden in a way we couldn't have had we just had Ella." I smiled and agreed with her. "I swear, I still need to think about your suggestion on naming a truck after him. Or should I do the chief's vehicle?" Gabby then looked at me. "I was going to say the Chief's Vehicle should have his name on it. I am already writing the proposal when I can like you asked me to."

I smiled and nodded. "Sounds good. But please make sure that it really is during your spare time. If you need rest while I am at work, then you should sleep babe." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Speaking of sleep, I think I am ready to go to sleep. We both know that the kids wake up early. I am just sorry that we have to go to sleep so early when you aren't working tomorrow." I then shook my head and grabbed her hand. "Gabby, relax. If you need sleep...then you need sleep. And that's a good idea considering I need energy for Matteo."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Then goodnight Chief." She then moved close to me, gave me a quick kiss before wrapping her arms around me. Putting my hand on her arm as I went to kiss her head...I just held her there before rolling over onto my back and going to shut off my lamp. "Goodnight Gabby." Gabby then smiled and nodded as we just held each other close and fell asleep in each other's arms.