Chapter 266

Matt's POV: After arriving at the hotel restaurant, I smiled as I walked up to the check-in desk to get us into the private room I booked just for the two of us. This was a surprise for Gabby that I set up when I was first booking the hotel. I wanted to give her a real date for once where we couldn't be disturbed by anybody. So, I made sure to pick a hotel that had a quiet room where we can get comfortable in a back room. "Hi, Reservation for Casey" The waiter then looked at us and went to check for us. "Ah, you guys here on a romantic retreat? I see you got our back room."

Gabby then turned to look at me confused. "We are here for my husband's birthday." I then smiled as I rubbed her hand. "I might have made a call earlier while we were packing and booked us the back room in case we got some time alone. Or if we had to bring the kids, somewhere we could set them up quietly." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "That sounds perfect. So, what's it like back there?" The waiter then smiled at us. "How about I show you guys to your room?" We both nodded and agreed, making our way to the back.

"I swear, sometimes I feel unworthy of being your wife." I smiled as I turned to look at Gabby and shook my head. "Sometimes I feel unworthy of being your husband. Gabby, just relax. I just wanted you to be able to eat with me in the restaurant without getting overwhelmed. I really wanted to take you out and didn't want your anxiety to get the best of you." Gabby sighed when I said that when we walked into the gorgeous room. Looking at it, she seemed shocked at what she was looking at. "Woah, this is gorgeous." I smiled and agreed with her as I looked around.

Walking over to Gabby's chair, I smiled as I went to pull out her chair for her. Sitting down, Gabby smiled at me. "Thanks." I then went to sit in my chair and smiled at her when the waiter looked at us. "Here are the menus. Can I start you guys off with a drink?" Gabby smiled and went to order first. "Just two waters. No other drinks. We have kids upstairs and I am breastfeeding." He nodded and agreed. "Understood. I will make sure that we keep the alcohol away. Even from your husband?" I nodded and smiled at Gabby. "I am abstaining in solidarity because my wife is breastfeeding our newborn children.

Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Matt, it's your birthday. Get something." I then bit my lip and nodded. "Two pinot noir from Santa Barbara" He nodded and understood before going to walk away to get us a drink. But Gabby seemed to be confused. "Two glasses?" I laughed. "You are going to have a bit of wine with me okay? We are on our Valentine's Day date and you already pumped a bit. Please Gabby, you need it and deserve it." Gabby nodded and agreed before getting up. Walking up to me, she bent down to kiss me and smiled. "Okay."

"Want to share a caesar salad to start and then we can keep looking? I am not sure what I am going to want yet because all of it just looks so good." Gabby nodded and agreed, sitting back down in her chair after giving me the kiss. "It's french food. So, try and figure out what it is in english." I nodded and agreed. "That reminds me, I keep thinking this whenever we are at the bar. And I know we said no work but...we should make the menus billingual. Add spanish to it. I mean, some people who visit the bar have spanish as their first language. I am just saying it as a proposal." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Yes."

Smiling at her, I then went to look at the menu again so that we could figure out what we were going to order for supper. "I might get the Bacon Lardon Flatbread from the wood burning oven. That looks really good." Gabby nodded and agreed. "I'll get the Margherita. I am not letting you pay for the meals. We can just get the appetizers." I agreed with her. "We'll see. If you aren't full then we can add more. I want to make sure you eat considering you are going to be helping me feed the babies tonight. You already pumped but I am not doing it alone. My birthday."

Gabby then sighed. "You do realize that you are going to have to do it alone during the first week of March right?" I mean, I am not even sure what I am going to be able to do. I might be bedriden after getting my tubes tied." I then looked at her and could tell she was getting worried. "Gabby, hey...look at me." Looking up at me, I could tell she was worried just by the look in her eyes. "Gabby, what are you worried about? Talk to me, I'm right here and we can talk. And we can keep talking when we are back upstairs. We have the time together to do that."

Gabby nodded and understood what I was trying to say. This was not the time, nor was it the place to speak about this considering it was not a private space. And since this dealt with the intimate details of my wife's body...I was not ready to speak about it where the entire world could hear about it. "Listen, I want to talk to you about this though. I've been thinking about this for a while and...I am starting to rethink my opposition to put Matteo in preschool a couple days a week." Looking at her, I was shocked. "You are?"