Chapter 243

5 Minutes Later - 1932 North Burling St.
Matt's POV: As I arrived on scene of the first fire of the day, I stared in shock at where we were. This home was iconic and was approved when I was still an alderman. This home is worth millions and is still, to this day the most expensive home in Chicago. Seeing that the owners were already there, I sighed. "Hermann, Severide!" Both of my captains then walked over to me and just looked at me. "What's up?" I then sighed. "Guys, I want you guys to be careful in what you do. This is the most expensive home in Chicago. This one is going to be all over the news. So, no off handed comments...no gimmicks okay?" They both agreed. "What we doing?"

I then bit my lip. "Hermann, get the aerial up and get some hoses ready. Severide, get your guys and wait for my signal to go in." They both agreed and nodded as I went to walk over to the owners. "Mr. and Mrs. Parrillo, Chief Casey of Firehouse 51. I need to ask this. Was there anybody inside the house or was it just you?" The wife then looked at me. "Nobody else was here. We are just preparing it to get it sold." I nodded and agreed. Turning to look at Severide, I sighed. "Do a quick search of the main floor and yell. If you don't hear anybody, come right out." He agreed and nodded as he went to bring some of his guys in quickly.

Meanwhile, I walked over to Hermann and looked at him. "Hermann, get the aerial to do the center and hoses on each side. Meet in the middle like we always do. However, I want one in the back too. Can you reach or do we need backup?" Hermann shook his head. "We got it with Engine." I agreed before turning to look at Stella who was still working under Hermann. "Stella, I am going to talk to you at the house but take charge of Engine 51 as Lieutenant okay?" Stella nodded and agreed with me. "Got it Captain." She then walked over to Engine 51 and went to look at the crew. "You heard Chief. Let's get water on this."

They all nodded and agreed as they got the hoses ready. "Engine 51, do the other side of the building and move the truck." Stella agreed and nodded as she proceeded to get the truck to move so she could take over. It was official, I needed her on Engine instead so I can just say names instead of having to figure out who can take charge. That's when I saw Jay and Erin walk over to me. "Hey Matt, what we got here? The police were called because they thought it was suspicious." I nodded and agreed with her. "This is arson. There's nobody inside." I then looked at Lucky and went to get her to sit. "Sit girl, stay out of the way."

Jay nodded and agreed with I saw somebody upstairs in the top floor. "Oh shit, looks like you are here for a good reason." Seeing Severide come out of the building, I then yelled at Stella. "Stella, stop the water. You're going to burn squad alive. Severide, head back inside. middle floor...far left bedroom." I then pointed to where I Saw somebody and he nodded. "Good catch. Didn't even see him because we didn't go that far." I agreed and nodded. "Take a halligan just incase you need to get in. He may be trapped." He agreed and nodded before running away. I then went back to talking to Jay and Erin.

"Which one of you is going to ride to Med with the guy. He's obviously getting arrested." Jay then turned to look at Erin. "I am going to go in. No seatbelts." Erin nodded and agreed with him. I then went to looked at my paramedics, Noah and Gianna. "Noah, get in front and get ready to drive. Gianna, detective Lindsay will be joining you en route. Suspect in arson case." Gianna nodded and agreed as she went to grab the guerney. She and Noah then went to grab the guy and put him in the back of the ambulance  so that they could take him to the hospital. Walking over, I went to close the back door once Gianna was in and slapped the back.

Noah then sped away with the victim/perp when I turned my attention to the fire. Engine 51 was now in position and connected when I heard Stella over the radio. "We're connected Chief, we clear to pump?" I agreed. "Go ahead Stella. Everybody is out." Stella agreed and went to start. I then looked at Severide. "Severide, get some of your squad members to help with the hoses. Make sure they do that every time from now on, understood?" Severide nodded and agreed as he looked at his crew and then got them to work with Truck 81 and Engine 51 with water. Why they don't do this all the time beats me considering it is much easier.