Chapter 206

Matt's POV: Once I finished making Matteo some soup, I went to put it in his bowl before making my way to the living room where he was sitting with Gabby. Cuddling up to her with his fingers in his mouth, I could tell he really wasn't feeling good. "Hey bud, I made you some soup. How about you come sit with me so that I can feed you some of it?" Gabby then looked at me and went to give Matteo to me in my lap. "By the way, how long has he felt this way? He didn't feel this way earlier." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Yeah, I noticed that too."

I then got a bit worried. "Think we should be worried? You have more experience in what's normal with toddlers considering you have been a paramedic for so long." Gabby then bit her lip. "Listen, let's just feed him and then I will ask Will and Natalie if they have a minute to talk. I just hope that they can talk to us." I then thought about it. "Wouldn't they be on shift right now?" Gabby thought about it and sighed. "I am going to text Natalie. If they are on shift, then it's okay. If not, I would like to speak to her. I am worried." I nodded and agreed as I watched Gabby text Natalie. 

Hey, have a quick medical question re: Matteo. You have a minute to speak or are you working?

Gabby then went to set her phone down and grabbed her food again. "I am sure he's going to be fine but, I would just rather get some quick advice from a mom and doctor." I nodded and understood before going to grab her hand. "I understand Gabby. Whatever you need to not worry. I know that you are going to keep thinking about this until he's either better or you've talking to a doctor. That's why I'm okay with this." Gabby smiled when I said that before leaning in to kiss me softly. "Let's eat and keep feeding him."

I nodded and agreed as I went to feed Matteo. "Here little man, here's some soup that will make you feel better." Matteo then went to take the bite while Gabby looked at my food. "Want me to get it out?" I shook my head. "I'll feed him first and then I'll eat. If it's out while I feed him...it could get all over the place." Gabby laughed and agreed with me before going to check her phone to see if Natalie texted her back. "Gabby, just relax. She'll text you back when she can." Gabby nodded and agreed before continuing to eat when Natalie texted her.

Sure, of course Gabby. Do you want to talk over video or phone? 

Reading her reply, I then smiled at Gabby. "Video call her on the iPad. That way she can look at Matteo." Gabby agreed and nodded as she went to grab the iPad. Going to open it, she found Natalie's contact before going to call her. Natalie then answered right away from her bedroom. "You aren't working today Natalie?" Natalie shook her head. "It's our day off. Will is just in the shower and the kids are sleep. I just fed Willow and she fell back asleep." We both nodded and agreed. "How are you guys? And how's your recovery going?"

Gabby smiled when she asked. "Good, but can we ask the medical question we are calling about? I am a bit worried." Natalie nodded and agreed. "Of course, what's up?" I then brought Matteo close. "He's being pretty cuddly today and has a bit of a fever. He didn't feel this way earlier this morning. Is it normal for a cold or something to just appear all of a sudden after not showing symptoms all morning?" Natalie then smiled. "Cold symptoms can take a few days to appear. So, it's normal that he would just start showing symptoms now. What are his symptoms?" 

That's when I heard Will come out. "Jay still being the stubborn SOAB and not admitting that he's sick. I keep telling him that he should go see a doctor if he feels that way but doesn't have a cold." I then saw Will get back in bed with Natalie, just wearing his boxers. "Oh, did you guys just wake up?" Natalie shook her head. "No, the kids are just asleep and we have a day off." Will agreed as he wrapped his arm around Natalie and kissed her back. "How are you guys doing?" Gabby sighed. "Matteo has a cold based on what Natalie is telling us."

Will nodded and agreed. "Well, it should go away in a few days. Colds when they are that young don't stay that long. How are your other kids? Might want to isolate them from him." I then sighed. "Can't really happen considering my job Will. Gabby has to have them all within her sight when I am at work." Will nodded and agreed. "Right of course. By the way, how is your life as Chief so far Matt?" I laughed and smiled. "It's a bag of mixed emotions. I mean, Boden is gone and I love being Chief because I am in charge. But, I miss the kids and stuff."

Will and Natalie both agreed with I said that. "That's the hard part about working. You can't have it all." I smiled when they said that. "Well, I can. I have Gabby and the kids. That's all I need in like." Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled as she went to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled and agreed with her. "I love you too. Now, let's get back to the conversation. Now that we know what Matteo's symptoms are about...we can put him down for another nap in a bit. Meanwhile, we want to hear about your new jobs working with Meredith Grey. What's it like?"

Will smiled. "Honestly, it's amazing. I love it. It's amazing to see what women can do. A majority of the leadership at the hospital is female oriented. However with Natalie changing from Emergency Medicine to a Maternity Fellowship, we aren't seeing each other as much. I am just glad that there's a daycare at the hospital that we can use. Other doctors use the hospital including a couple who are supposed to get married. I swear, if you think the drama at Chicago Med is crazy...you should see the drama that happens here in Seattle."

I laughed when he said that. "You take in any of the sights yet?" Natalie nodded. "Yeah, we go out every weekend. I want to do the Tacoma Dome this weekend." I nodded and smiled. "That sounds like fun. Is Owen liking his new daycare and has he made friends?" Will smiled. "Yeah, he likes it and he's making friends at school. He's in pre-K right now. He starts junior kindergarden in the fall so, that's going to be an adventure." We all agreed when he said that. I then went to take another bite of my food when Will saw it.

"You guys are just having lunch now?" I shook my head. "No, we are having an afternoon snack. Remember Halstead, I am feeding 2 kids. They are born 3 months and 12 days apart. So, I am breastfeeding 2 kids. Well, one and the other is getting bottles." Will nodded and understood. "So, when do you go back to Ambo? Sorry for the bad transfer...it's just, we don't get much information on your work life from Jay and Erin." I agreed and nodded. "How often do you guys speak to them?" Natalie smiled. "Every night. The brothers are closer now than when we were in Chicago. It's interesting to see how the dynamic changed."

 We all agreed and smiled. "Well listen, we need to eat lunch. After that we are putting the kids down for a nap so that we can get a bit of alone time and maybe start some laundry." Gabby then shook her head. "We're okay for now but yes. We'll have to talk again okay guys?" Will and Natalie both nodded and agreed with us. "Of course. Have a good afternoon guys." I smiled when they said that. "Same to you guys." Hanging up with them, I then turned to look at Gabby. "Let's eat and then we go upstairs to bed to relax." Gabby smiled and nodded, ready to cuddle.