Chapter 251

Matt's POV: After making my way back to Gabby and the kids, I smiled when I went to give her a glass of water while I put my big water jug on the table. She then turned to look at me. "Uhm, where's mine?" I then looked at her. "You forgot to pack it at home." Gabby then stared at me. "Matt! Didn't I ask you to pack it?" I then shook my head. "Nope, I was too busy taking care of the boys and making sure that my reports were ready. I'm still doing courses Gabby. You know that. I do it whenever I get a chance. I have to update my CPR and stuff. It's really easy luckily."

Severide then looked at me. "You find the CPR test easy?" I nodded. "I used to be a paramedic. And I did first aid in Puerto Rico in much worse conditions than the streets of Chicago. Remember, the hospital just finished. By the way guys, I want to thank you all for your contributions to the charity last year. You guys really didn't have to do that." Stella laughed when I said that. "Of course we did. You guys are family. That's why we did it. Plus, gave me and Kelly a night out. We went to that Charity Gala you guys went to couple years ago."

I smirked when Stella said that. "Something you'd like to share. Like if you are expecting a second child around Matteo's 2nd birthday?" I laughed because I was joking when Severide and Stella got quiet. "Oh my god. You're kidding me." Stella then looked at me. "Chief, I am not sure yet. Please don't make me move to Arson yet." I nodded and agreed. "I am not going to make you do anything. However, the minute you guys find out...you let me know. Oh and Severide, let me know when you are going in for surgery."

Severide then looked at me, confused when I said that. "I mean, unless you guys are going for 3 kids?" Stella then stared at us both and shook her head. "Oh no, we are done at 2 kids. Sorry Severide but, I don't care if this is another boy. I am not going for a third child just to give you a girl! I mean, not that you and Gabby there was anything wrong with trying for a third child." Gabby then laughed when she said that. "We didn't try. It just happened. The only child we actually tried to have was Ella."

Turning to look at Gabby, I just realized that. "Oh my god, that's true." I then laughed a bit. "Wow, I didn't even realize that." Gabby then grabbed my hand and smiled. "But, I wouldn't change a thing. Our boys have been great surprises and they have been a lot of fun to raise together." I smiled when she said that and nodded as I intertwined our fingers. That's when I heard Commissioner Grissom walk into the room. "Wow, seems like the entire family is here."

I then let Gabby's hand go and got up. "Commissioner. I didn't know you were coming." He smiled as he walked over to me. "I am just here to extend my birthday wishes to Chief Casey on your actual birthday." He then went to give me a card. "Here, this is for you." I then went to grab it and smiled as I went to see what it is. "Oh boy, that's awesome and going to be a great date." Gabby then looked at me. "What is it babe?" I then smiled as I went to take out the reservation. "Dinner for 2 at Offshore Chicago." 

Gabby then smiled when I said that. "That's a great place. That you so much Commissioner Grissom." Grissom smiled and nodded. "Still trying to convince you to come back to fire. I hate that we lost you to Ambulance again." Gabby then sighed as she looked at him. "About that, I am actually quitting the CFD. I just can't do it anymore. However, I might try and go to OFI instead. I mean, when the kids are older of course. Right now, if I could do it from here...that'd be great." The commissioner nodded and agreed. 

I then decided to get up and shake his hand. "Thank you again for this. This is so helpful. And thank you for being so understanding that my family is here with me." Grissom nodded. "Of course Matt. I know that 51 does things differently that the rest of the CFD and I have decided to let you continue to do things differently. I mean, I let you do the junior candidate idea." I then sighed when he said that. "Gabby, I am going to speak with the commissioner for a minute okay?" 

Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that. "About the..." I nodded and then sighed. "Be a bit." I then looked at Grissom. "Can I speak to you in my office?" He nodded and agreed as he walked away. And it seemed like Matteo wanted to come with us too. "Mind if my son comes? He likes to follow his daddy around the firehouse." Grissom nodded and smiled at me. "Of course not. C'mon little man. Let's go talk in your dad's office. What's his name?" I smiled. "Matteo." He agreed and smiled as we both made our way to the office.