Chapter 325

Matt's POV: After making my way back to the living room, I smiled as I watched Diego sit down on the ground with Antonio. I then proceeded to grab Gabriel from his chair so I could hold him in my lap. Gabby smiled when I held him before looking at Ella. "You sure that you don't want to hold your baby girl for a while?" I smiled when she said that before nodding. "Yeah, can we switch?" Gabby laughed and smiled as she went to give me Ella while I gave her Gabriel. "Hey princess? Someone want to sit with daddy?" I then went to kiss her cheek and smiled.

Putting her in my lap, I smiled as I wrapped my arm around her before kissing the top of her head. "God, you are such a cutie in this nice dress aren't you?" Everybody smiled at me when they heard my baby talk and I just stared at them. "Okay, nothing to see here. Just a dad talking to the daughter he loves." Everybody nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Oh relax Matt, it's adorable." I smiled when Antonio said that before rubbing Ella's stomach and just holding her close. That's when I saw Matteo come downstairs to see us. "Papa, snack?"

I then turned to look at him and smiled. "How about you ask your uncle Tonio and tia Sylvie if you can have a snack. After all, we are at their house." Matteo nodded and agreed as he walked over to Antonio. "Uncle Tonio, can I have a snack?" Antonio then looked at both me and Gabby. Nodding at him, Gabby smiled. "Not too big through, we don't want to ruin his apetite for lunch. By the way, what are the plans for that if we even have any?" Sylvie then smiled at her. "We are going to get some pizza. Have a mini-belated birthday party for Matt with Eva and Diego."

Diego then looked at me. "That's right. Happy belated birthday uncle Matt." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Thanks Diego. It was a nice night honestly. We spent it at a hotel together. Just me and Gabby. It was so relaxing and exactly what we needed after a busy 6 weeks. I am still so shocked that it's not even March yet and so much has happened."

Everybody nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Tell me about it, seems like everything is moving forward now." I smiled when Sylvie said that. "By the way, you guys are done right? Or should we be expecting news of a third baby for you guys?" Sylvie laughed when I said that. "Oh no, we're done. I just need to talk to Gabby about when her surgery to get her tubes tied are. Don't want to have them overlapping. I am hoping she can take my spot just for a week."

Gabby then turned to look at me and smiled when she said that. "I wouldn't be opposed to that. In fact, it might be fun." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Maybe, we'll talk about it and see how you are okay? I want to make sure that your head is in a good place before we do anything." Gabby then sighed and knew exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about her mental health. I was not comfortable having her on ambo if she was having problems.

That's when I decided to change the subject. "On to other topics, have you been watching the NHL this year Diego?" Diego nodded and smiled. "I am hoping to go see a game at the end of the month. I have tickets but, I am waiting to see if I am working that night or not." I looked at Gabby and then bit my lip. "We can't promise anything. Sorry but, you already skipped a shift. If you let us know the day...we can try and book around it but, no promises." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I agreed with Matt."

I smiled when Gabby said that when I heard Antonio come out to talk to us. "Okay, I am going to start lunch. But, we have choices. We can either do spaghetti or we can do lasgna." I then looked up at him and smiled. "Matteo will love spaghetti. So, how about we do that for him?" Antonio nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. Diego, come with me. We are going to make the homemade sauce." Gabby smiled when he said that. "Thank you. I crave that right now!"

Antonio laughed and smiled before looking at Diego. "Diego, let's go or else I am going to tell Gabby to give you more shifts." Diego groaned when he said that. Meanwhile, Gabby was not impressed. "That just earned you a shift tomorrow from 4 to midnight." Antonio then smiled when she said that. "Hey, not my fault that you made your aunt angry. You are the one who missed shift." Diego then sighed and agreed. "I better have the car that night."

Gabby then turned to look at him. "Oh, I never said that it was a delivery shift. You need to earn that privilege. That job is easy compared to being a waiter in the restaurant. You are on restaurant duty tomorrow." Diego then sighed but understood. "Speaking of which, Matt?" I then turned to look at her. "Yeah?" Gabby then smiled. "I have to make a call. Can you watch the kids while I call the restaurant to let them know about Diego's shift tomorrow?" I nodded and agreed.

"Go ahead and give them a call. I have the kids." Gabby then nodded and smiled as she got up so that she could go call the restaurant and talk to them about Diego's shift tomorrow.