Chapter 313

Later that night - 8 PM
Matt's POV: With all the kids now fast asleep in their beds, I smiled as I waited for Gabby to come downstairs for a nice date I have been planning today. Nothing like it just being me and my girl for the night without disturbances. And while I did consider having our date in our room so we wouldn't be disturbed...I realized this would be easier. Getting a movie set up on the TV and some steaks ready with some mushrooms and asparagus I bought at the store, I smiled when I felt Gabby walk up behind me. "The kids are all asleep and the bottles are all ready to go."

I smiled when she said that before turning around to see she was wearing sweats just like I told her to. "Glad you didn't go to the extremes when it comes to what you are wearing." Gabby laughed and smiled. "I am literally only doing this for dinner. Once dinner is done, we are headed back up to bed where we can cuddle. Sorry but, I am tired." I nodded and understood as I brought her in front of me. Stepping close to her, I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her. "Believe me, you being a little tired is worth this date. I have it all ready. The food, the wine."

Gabby then smiled when I said the last part. "You got us some wine?" I nodded and smiled. "Yes, a nice glass of red wine is waiting for you in the living room. Sit on the ground though. I have us set up right next to the fireplace. I mean, if that's okay." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me again. "Matt, relax okay? This is perfect. You have gone to the extremes. Honestly, I just expected a nice meal after all the kids were asleep and then us heading upstairs." I then smiled at her. "Oh, that's part 2 of the date." She was confused when I said that.

"I was upstairs while you were feeding the kids. In our bedroom. You will like what I have set up." Gabby smiled at me. "You sir, are going to earn yourself some intimate time." I smiled when she said that. "That's the plan." Gabby then stared at me. "Wait, that's your part 2? You weren't even going to..." I then went to grab her neck and went to kissed her. "Take a breath and wait to see what I mean before you go accussing me of expecting intimacy in bed okay? Please, can you at least do that for me Gabby?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "Okay. But only til' I'm tired."

I nodded and understood, watching her walk away. I then thought to myself that I need to make sure I watch my words. Oh, and I need to keep my temper. I don't want to start a fight tonight of all nights. She already has some sexy lingerie on that I want to help her take off when we are getting in the bath together. God, she is going to love the intimate massage that I am going to be giving her in the bath. I already know that is exactly what she needs. She is so stressed right now that she just needs to let me hold her in my arms and keep her close to me in the bath.

Making our plates, I smiled as I went to pick them up and then carried them towards the living room. Seeing Gabby on the ground, I smiled when I saw that she already grabbed her glass of wine that I pre-poored. "Please drink a bit of that. I think you need to relax." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Sorry about the freak out. I know you are not going to brag about that when we are together. You hate pushing it on me, that's not you." I nodded and agreed as I went to sit down with her before wrapping my arm around her and grabbing the blanket to cover us up.

I then proceeded to give her plate to her as well as her utensils. "Here you go, a nice steak for dinner." Gabby smiled and nodded. "That looks delicious." She then took another sip of her wine while I went to grab my plate to start eating. "Just take your time okay? I am not going to put a time limit on tonight. I am not working tomorrow and we can spend the day in bed." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "That sounds perfect." I smiled and agreed as I went to grab my glass of wine. "Here, but first a toast." Gabby nodded and agreed.

Grabbing her glass of wine, she looked at me. "To us on another Valentine's Day. May we always celebrate it together for the rest of our lives." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Cheers to that." We then hit our glasses together before taking some sips of wine. Looking at her, I went to kiss her softly. "Tonight, I want to just concentrate on us. I shut my phone off. When we are upstairs, please shut yours off. We already got disturbed enough and we have had enough fits." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Yes, now let's eat before this gets cold."

I smiled and nodded as we proceeded to eat supper so that we could head upstairs.