Chapter 194

Matt's POV: Once Antonio and Sylvie left, it was literally moments before my sister and niece made their way to the door. "Hi uncle Chief Casey." I laughed when Violet said that before moving to hug her. "God, you are so tall now." Violet smiled and nodded. "You can't call me little kid anymore." I laughed when she said that. "I will always call you little kid." She then shrugged. "Can I head inside or do I..." I nodded. "Just make sure that you go wash your hands." She agreed and nodded before walking in. I then turned to look at my sister and went to hug her. "How are you sis?" Christie smiled. "Sorry about coming early. I had breakfast at mom's place and had to leave. Sorry but...there's a lot of..." I then nodded. "I know where she lives Christie, I get it."

I nodded as I went to let her in. "Yeah. Here, give me your jacket." Christie then agreed and went to let me take off her jacket. Grabbing a hanger, I went to hang it up just like Violet was doing. "Hey, by the way...I fully expect to meet him sometime soon." Christie then turned to look at me. "How did you find out?" I shook my head. "Sis, you seem to forget that your brother is a former alderman. They know who you are. That and Capp still has a thing for you." Christie laughed when I said that. "Sorry but, I don't think I could ever see myself with a fireman. Not that I am not proud of you Matt. It's just...the dangers associated with it scare me." I nodded and agreed.

"Hey, I get it Christie. You don't have to explain it to me." Locking the door I then watched as Matteo walked up to us. "Hi." I then smiled at him. "Oh, someone's being shy aren't they?" I then walked up to him and went to bend down. "Do you remember her Matteo?" Matteo then bit his lip and shook his head. "She's my sister remember? She's like uncle Tonio. But instead, she's my sister." Matteo then nodded. "Auntie C?" Christie then smiled. "See, you do remember me Matteo." I then smiled as I got up and let Matteo walk over to her. Christie then bent down and went to hug him. "Hey buddy, I haven't seen you since Puerto Rico. By the way, gorgeous vow renewal Matt."

I smiled as I looked at her. "Yeah, it was." Christie then looked at Matteo when she went to take off her purse. She then went to grab a card and gave it to me. "Here, this is for your birthday. I am not sure whether we are going to see each other or not. So, I thought'd I'd give you a little something." I then smiled while going to hug her again. "C'mon, I bet you want to hold one of my kids." Christie nodded and smiled. "Let me just go wash my hands in the kitchen." I nodded and agreed with her before looking at Matteo. "C'mon, let's go see your cousin Violet in the living room." Leading Matteo away to the living room, I smiled as we prepared to hang out with my sister.