Chapter 201

Matt's POV: Once I finished putting Matteo down for a nap, I made my way upstairs to me and Gabby's bedroom to see her sitting in bed using her iPad. Walking in, I went to set my phone down on my side table before opening the covers and moving to wrap my arm around her waist while laying down right behind her. Kissing her back, I smiled as we held each other. "I thought you were going to take a nap?" Gabby then turned to look at me and then smiled. "Your family gone?" I nodded and then went to put my hand on her hip. "Wanted to be here instead."

Gabby smiled when I said that before rolling over in my arms and moving close to me. Laying her head down on my arm as we looked at each other, I smiled when I went to push a strand of hair behind her ear. "How you doing?" Gabby then looked at me. "That was out of the blue." I shook my head. "It shouldn't be though. Gabby, I haven't asked that enough. You are recovering from giving birth still. By the way, you try were amazing. Watching you do it naturally again was just incredible. I know it's weird for you to hear me say it but...it was different from Matteo."

Gabby was confused when I said that. "How so?" I sighed when she asked. "This time, I went through it all with you. The water breaking, you going through the contractions and holding you as you gave birth. It was incredible and honestly, I am just in awe that you are able to walk right now. If I did that, I probably would still be hurting and wanting to lay down." Gabby sighed when I said that and just stayed quiet. "Gabby, hey...don't get quiet on me babe. What's wrong?"

Gabby then sighed as she looked at me. "I am still a little sore. I probably should be resting more." I was shocked when she said that. "Then Gabby, why are you pushing yourself?" Gabby then went to sit up a bit and looked at me. "Because I don't want to hold us back from living our life here. You have to work and I want to be there with you." I nodded and understood while sitting up next to her. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to grab her hand. "Gabby, us living our life here and you taking the time you need to recover are not exclusive things."

I then brought her close to me. "Gabby, you know me..." Wrapping her arm around my back as she laid down close to me, Gabby then looked up into my eyes as I spoke to her and rubbed her arm. "...I am never going to push you to do something you shouldn't. Gabby, I don't want you overdoing it. Please promise that you are going to be careful in what you do. I would rather not get a call saying that an ambulance is required at our address. I already taught Matteo how to call 9-1-1 just incase but...I hope he never has to call for help because then I have to come."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I hope he never has to call either. And I see where you are coming from Matt. You're right that it's probably something you worry about and that I need to calm down with how fast I am trying to move in my recovery. I already pushed myself enough when I gave birth and then moved back to Chicago like 48 hours later." I sighed and nodded when she said that. "Still think we should've stayed longer. But, we didn't have our place anymore and you refused to go to a hotel with 4 kids. So, I didn't want to push you into doing it."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "Matt, you couldn't stop me from coming back. I wanted to be here too. I needed to come and be with our friends to mourn Boden." I agreed and smiled at her before going to kiss her softly. "And you have been my rock. For that, I thank you so much." Gabby smiled when I said that before moving to cuddle up to me. Wrapping her arm around me, I just went to rub it and smiled while holding her close. "What do you say tonight we go take a walk with the kids? We put one of the babies on my chest and the other two in the stroller?"

Gabby then shook her head. "I am not leaving bed and neither are you. In fact, when Matteo wakes up from his nap...I want to turn Disney+ on and just watch a movie with him. Some classics. But not those remakes, the animated classics." I laughed and agreed with her. "Of course. Supper in bed too?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Actually, I know we already had Molly's for lunch but...can you go pick us up some more? I just don't feel like cooking today. And I don't want you to leave bed." I laughed when she said that.

"Honestly, I don't feel like leaving bed either. So, of course. But this time, the food will be free. And I can even get our cut in a check. Want me to text Hermann our order and then I can pick it up in say 30 minutes? I know you said supper but...we can just have it here ahead of time. That way I don't have to do it while the kids are awake." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "That sounds great. Plus, Hermann needs to let me see the books again." I shook my head. 'Not yet. Please Gabby, just take time to relax. But, I will make an order and go pick it up."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "I am going to stay here. Go right after you call so that it's here. Order an afternoon snack and supper." I agreed and smiled before going to kiss her softly. "Will do." Going to grab my phone, I smiled as I went to find Molly's number in my phone before going to put an order for both an afternoon snack as well as a supper. "I'll put supper in the fridge." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as I ordered some meals for us. "Can I get beer?" Gabby smiled and nodded.

Matt: Chicken Caesar Wrap (Snack) and Ribs (Supper), Beer
Gabby: Chicken Quasedilla (Snack) and Nachos (Supper), Pepsi
Matteo: Chicken Fingers, Fries and a Chocolate Milk