Chapter 255

An hour later in the common room:
Jay's POV: As I walk into Firehouse 51 with Erin and Lucky, I smile as I see everybody there. Well, everybody except for the one person we are there to see. We are there to see Matt because we need to talk about the fire we are investigating. Looking for Severide, I smiled at him. "Hey Severide, you know where your chief is?" He then looked at me. "He's in his office with Gabby and the kids. Think they're taking a nap. By the way, how you doing in your pregnancy Erin?" Erin sighed when he asked before rubbing her stomach. "Not a good time. Hard case."

Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her head and sighed. "I told you that you working those human trafficking cases was going to end up being a bad idea babe." Erin then nodded and agreed. "Whatever. I am going to Matt's office." She then went to walk away when Matt came out, stretching. "If you are looking for me, you are going to the wrong office." Erin then shook her head. "Not really. Not when we are here on the case you sent us. I have been benched from the hard intelligence cases. So, I am working your case. Voight is working them too since he is the father. That and I ordered him onto the cases as his superior."

I then turned to look at her. "Erin, for the last time. You are not my superior." Erin then walked away and just went to Matt's office. I then sighed and was about to walk away when Matt put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me. "Dude, why are you fighting the fact that she is your superior?" I then looked at him. "But she isn't..." Matt then stared at me. "Dude, she's your wife. You know what's in 48 hours right?" I then nodded while looking at him. "Of course. By the way, Happy Birthday man." Matt laughed and smiled as he hugged me.

"Yes, that means Valentine's Day is in 48 hours. So, smarten up or else the only way you are going to get Lucky is bed....is if you invite that dog of yours into bed." I looked at him and laughed. Meanwhile, Hermann was confused. "Okay, what are you talking about?" We then all turned to look at him. "Hermann, you have 5 kids. How do you not know what getting lucky in bed means?" Hermann then nodded and understood. "Also, his dog's name is Lucky. So, that's what I'm referring to if he makes his wife even more mad. Then that will be the only Lucky time in bed." Matt then looked at me. "Now, let's go to my office."

I nodded and agreed as we both walked away to his office where Erin was already waiting for us. Making our way into the office, we saw that Erin was in his chair. "Sorry if I am in your chair. Pregnant woman beats 2 men for the most comfortable chair in the room." Matt nodded and agreed as he went to the close his office door behind me. That was until he heard Matteo rush over. "Did I hear Jay Jay?" Matt then turned to look at him and bent down. "Matteo, daddy has to talk business with Jay okay? I promise, maybe if you are a good boy...you can say hi to Jay, Erin and Lucky after okay?" Matteo nodded and then walked up to him.

Giving him a quick hug, Matt smiled at him. "Is mommy awake?" Matteo shook his head. "Then go see uncle Gallo and tell him that Chief says to watch you until he's done with Jay and Erin." Matteo nodded and agreed as he ran away to go find his 'uncle'. Getting up, Matt closed his door before looking at us. "Sorry, just need to get him watched." I nodded and agreed with him as he went to sit at his desk. "Uncle Gallo?" Matt laughed when I said that. "Blake Gallo. He's one of the younger firefighters here. He needs practice dealing with kids his age."

I nodded and understood as I went to sit next to Erin. "So, what can I do for you guys?" I then sighed when he asked. "We are here to talk to you about the template I sent you." I was confused. "It was pretty self explanatory." I sighed when he said that and then shook my head. "Here's the thing you don't know...that e-mail was not sent by me. My e-mail got hacked and I just want to say...we would never use the words AR-15 in a case title." I nodded and understood. "Okay, so what do I do?" I then sighed when he asked me that. "You are to keep us up to date on whether you get a ransomware atta...." That's when we saw the lights flicker.

"Are these lights on a computer system?" Matt nodded and went to check his computer when he saw it was locked. "Uhm Jay, come read this message?"

I nodded and agreed. Getting up, I looked at the message.

FMR ALDERMAN CASEY, I KNOW WHAT HOUSE YOU'RE FROM. STOP INVESTIGATING ME OR ELSE. I STILL EXPECT LOYALTY...I FUNDED YOUR CAMPAIGN. -Case #2022-AR15