Chapter 301

An Hour Later when Matt, Gabby and the kids are out at the van:
Matt's POV: As I worked on packing the van with everything we brought to the hotel, I sighed as I went to put the cribs in the back before going to walk over to my side of the van with my laptop. Looking at Gabby, I saw that she put Matteo on my side. "Gabby, can we change this around? I don't like him to be on my side." Turning to look at me, Gabby was confused. "Why?" I then went to show her the laptop. "I keep this seat filled with the kids' things for a reason."

Gabby nodded and agreed as she put her hands on my chest. "Sorry Matt. I didn't think about that." I nodded and agreed as I stepped close to her. Wrapping my arm around her waist, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. "When Matteo takes a nap, I promise that we are going to spend a bit of romantic time together okay? It is Valentine's Day after all." Gabby smiled, liking the idea. "Cuddling up to you in bed sounds perfect." I smiled and agreed with her, kissing her.

That's when I felt someone park really close to us, seemingly in a rush. Seeing him get out, I then went to yell at him. "HEY! YOU ALMOST HIT ME AND MY WIFE!" Turning around to look at me, Jay then got nervous. "Oh shit, I didn't see you guys. I am so sorry." I then sighed as I looked at Gabby. "You got this? I have a feeling that he has something on his mind." Gabby nodded and agreed. "I have to speak to him after...or now." Gabby then walked up to him and slapped his chest. "Why are you not upstairs with your pregnant wife on Valentine's Day?"

Jay then looked at her and showed her the flowers. Gabby then went to hit his head. "Owh! What was that for?" Gabby just shook her head. "Erin is not going to like the flowers when she is mad at you because you weren't there to hold her hair when she has morning sickness." Jay then got scared and knew what she meant as she walked away. I then laughed when she said that before looking at Jay. "Oh, and another thing. You left Lucky here when your wife is sleeping? What if she has to go to the washroom? Jay, go inside before she calls Hank!"

Jay then got worried and nodded. "Good point." He then ran away while I went to walk around the van and looked at Gabby. "Hey, come here." Gabby then turned to look at me. Stepping close to her, I went to grab her hands. "You okay?" Gabby then bit her lip as she stepped close to me. Putting her hands on my chest, I could tell she was worried. I then went to rub her arms and sighed. "Listen, get in the car. When we are home...we are going to bring the kids inside and take them to our room. Matteo can play in his room. You just go upstairs and breathe."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "Let me take care of the bags okay? You are in a state of shock and we both know that isn't good for you." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Can we just forget what we talked about upstairs for a bit? Turn the page for now." I nodded and agreed. "For now, of course." I then went to grab Gabby's neck and kissed her softly. "I love you and I promise that you are safe now. Now, just get in your seat and I will get us ready to leave." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to get in the car. Meanwhile, I checked on the kids.

Buckling Matteo up, he looked at me. "Is mommy okay?" Gabby then turned to look at him and nodded. "I am going to be Matteo. I'm okay, I promise." Matteo nodded and agreed as he went to sit back in his chair. "Matteo, grab some coloring from bag okay?" Matteo nodded and went to do as he is told. Meanwhile, I went to make sure we had everything in the van before closing the back door. I was about to walk around to my side and ge tin to drive us away when I instead decided to check on Gabby. Knocking on her window, I looked at her.

Turning to look at me, Gabby was confused as she lowered her window. "Yeah?" I then reached in and went to rub her cheek before kissing her forehead softly. "You okay?" Gabby just bit her lip and shook her head. "Just a bit shaken." I agreed and went to grab her hand. "We will talk when we are home okay? Matteo can play in his room, we can sit in bed and I can wait to work until you want to rest in bed. I promise." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Thanks." I smiled when she said that before nodding as I went to kiss her one last time.

After giving her a quick kiss, I walked around the car and went to get in the driver's seat to drive us home.