Chapter 317

Matt's POV: As I came out of the washroom after getting dressed, I saw that we were no longer alone in bed. "I see someone in my spot. Last time I checked, this little boy here didn't belong in my bed." Matteo then looked at me and laughed as I went to get in with him. Wrapping my arm around him, I smiled. "I am just kidding...you are always welcome in our bed buddy." Matteo nodded as he went to cuddle up to me. I then smiled as I closed the covers and looked at Gabby. "Sorry, I think he is just here to cuddle up to me." Gabby nodded. "Keep thinking that."

I nodded and smiled at her. "We calling uncle Tonio?" Matto then looked at me. "Uncle Tonio?" Gabby then smiled and nodded. Grabbing her iPad, she went to call Antonio and Sylvie. Answering pretty much right away, I looked at the screen and motioned for Sylvie to tug her covers up. "We can see you feeding Sylvie." Antonio then looked at her. "Thanks for letting us know." I nodded and smiled at Antonio. "How are the both of you?" Sylvie smiled. "Me and Antonio are great. Thanks for asking Matt." I then laughed. "By both of you...I meant Hannah."

Sylvie smiled when I said that. "Oh Hannah's great." Antonio then smiled at us. "What's with you calling so early?" I then sighed. "Someone can't fall back asleep very easily when we wake up. So...we thought we'd call and see if we can work something out to hang out. I want to see that adorable niece of mine." Antonio smiled when I said that. "I think everybody does. But, we already have a booking with our mom." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Well, I am sure that she wouldn't mind seeing her other grandkids too. Or you want her to yourself?"

Antonio was about to say something when Sylvie looked at him. "Honestly Antonio...as much as I love you and the kids, I need a bit of girl time. Like gossip and catch up time. Plus, I need to talk to Gabby more in depth about how she is quitting being a paramedic." Gabby sighed when Sylvie said that. "Sylvie, you are not getting me to change my mind. I am doing it." Grabbing her hand, I went to rub it to get her to calm down. "Gabby, deep breaths and relax. Sylvie, it's what's best for our family. Please do not push her to change our mind. There's another reason."

Gabby then turned to look at me. "Can we just tell them? That way it's not a surprise later when we talk about it." I nodded and agreed. "You see guys, we think that Matteo has what Gabby has." Sylvie then looked at us both. "Oh, that's...a lot to handle." Gabby nodded and agreed with her. "That's actually why I am not going back to the CFD. I mean, we need to make an appointment to confirm it but...I am seeing the signs. He is acting in ways that I do." Antonio nodded and agreed with her. "Honestly, I didn't want to say anything but...I see it too Gabby."

Gabby was confused. "How did you see it before me? You aren't a doctor." Antonio laughed. "You seem to forget that I am an intelligence officer, and over the course of my career...I have interrogated people with anxiety and OCD before. The way he acts when he is asked questions is typical OCD and Anxiety. So, don't be surprised if that test comes back positive." I nodded and agreed with him. "Just curious, did it just pass to Gabby or did you get it too Antonio?" Antonio shook his head when I asked him that. "I am still going to get Hannah tested just in case."

Sylvie then looked at him and nodded. "Can it skip generations?" Antonio then shook his head. "I have a mild case. I have it but, I have mine under control. You could never tell. I got Eva and Diego treated and they can cope. We can barely tell but, I am fine. Still, I want to get our kids tested so that we know." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Do you have a doctor that you go to that you can recommend? I want to get Matteo tested and professionally diagnosed. Might give us more options when it comes to treatment."

Going to grab Gabby's hand, I looked at her. "Listen, maybe us getting together with Antonio isn't a good idea. You are just going to ask him a whole bunch of questions and he can't handle that right now when Sylvie is still recovering." Gabby sighed and looked at me, nodding and understanding what I mean. "I hate to say this but, he's right guys." Antonio then looked at us both and smiled. "You know, Jay and Erin are pretty lonely recently. She has been cooped up at home because all of her cop friends are busy. Plus, they are not happy with Will. He left fast."

I was confused when he said that. "He seemed pretty happy when we saw them at the hotel recently." Antonio nodded and agreed. "We have a private conversation me and him when we are working. We are like brothers and we have this relationship where he feels safe to talk to me. I'm basically like his shrink." I laughed when he said that and nodded before grabbing my phone. "Up to you Gabby. Want me to text them and see whether they want to hang out? Might cheer him up to be with friends." Gabby thought about it and shook her head.

"Matt, I love the idea but...we are going to be talking about Matteo's medical stuff okay? Another time. Please understand." I nodded and smiled at her. "You are right. I should've thought about that." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said when I got an alert on my phone. "Did you set an alert on my phone?" I then went to see what it is. "Oh, groceries are ready." Gabby nodded and looked at me. "Can you go get them after you make us breakfast?" I nodded and smiled at her, kissing her temple. "Listen, I will let you guys go. Come around 11ish?"

Antonio nodded and agreed. "Sure thing. We can have lunch together. Then...we need to come back here so the kids can take a nap."  We all agreed when he said that before nodding. "See you then." Hanging up my phone, I looked at Matt and smiled at him. "Matteo, how about you go with papa downstairs and you can help make breakfast?" Matteo then nodded as he got up and went to run downstairs. Matt smiled when I did that before getting up. "Which one do you want to feed first?" I thought about it and smiled. "Give me Gabriel. He takes less time."

I nodded and agreed with her, going to pick him up from his crib when he started to cry. "Oh c'mon buddy, it's breastfast time." I then looked at Gabby and smirked. "Oh c'mon, that was funny." I then went to put Gabriel in her arms before smiling at her. "Yeah, yeah...just go make me breastfast downstairs." I smirked and went to kiss her softly. "See you soon. Want me to take Matteo when I go and get the groceries?" Gabby bit her lip and nodded. "Gives me time to get ready. I can put the babies down for a nap." I nodded and agreed.

"Listen, you just relax for now. I am going to make breakfast. Be back soon." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to start breastfeeding Gabriel.

Once Matt is gone:
"Breastfast. God that's such a dad joke."