Chapter 279

Matt's POV: After getting some towels upstairs, I smiled as I made my way back downstairs to the pool where I saw Gabby sitting on a pool chair with the babies. Walking over to her, I smiled as I looked at my little family. "Now, this is a nice sight." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "You speak to..." I nodded. "No need to mention him okay? Everything is okay now." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going to set Ella down on the chair. Getting up, she smiled as she came to step close to me before putting her hands on my chest.

Moving to kiss me softly, I smiled as I felt Gabby wrap her arms around my neck. "Thank you." Wrapping my arm around her back, I smiled when she said that. "No problem. And I promise that I will always defend you to him whenever I need to. You are my wife and the woman I love." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to rub my chest. "Take it off, grab Ella and come join me and Wally in the pool." I laughed when she said that before going to set the towels down on the pool chairs Gabby picked for us while watching her walk away with Wally to get in the water.

Going to take off my shirt, I then looked at Ella and smiled as I went to pick her up in my arms. Gently kissing her cheek as I held her close, I smiled as I prepared to get in the water with her considering it was times like these where I was glad to have some alone time with my little family. I just thought about how it would've been nice to have Matteo here with us. But then again, this was also supposed to be a trip to let Gabby relax. So, at the end of the day...this was perfect. Just me, Gabby and the babies.

Carrying Ella into the water with Gabby, I smiled when I moved close to her before looking at Wally. "Hey little man, you like being in the water don't you?" Getting in the water more, I smiled as I looked at Ella and then went to kiss her forehead. "What about you little missy? What do you think about the water." Gabby smiled when I did that and was about to talk to me when I heard someone coming to join us. "Babe, she is going to be fine in the hotel room for an hour. Lucky is a smart dog and knows not to make a mess." I then sighed as I turned to look at Jay and Erin.

"Out of all of the hotels you guys could've picked. You guys had to pick the same hotel that we picked for my birthday/Valentine's Day getaway?" Looking up at us, both Jay and Erin stared at us shocked. "And you just had to pick this exact time for when you decided to bring your kids for a swim. Sorry if we are taking advantage of this last Valentine's Day with just 1 kid. And just be glad we didn't interrupt you guys last night." I stared at him. "What do you mean?" Erin then smiled. "Honestly, I was shocked when I saw Gabby drinking some red wine last night."

I was shocked when they said that. "You guys were eating at the same restaurant as us last night?" Jay nodded and agreed as he and Erin went to set their towels down before going to get in the water before her. Helping her in, he smiled at us. "God, haven't seem these two in a while. How old are they now?" Erin then smiled. "Don't worry, we aren't staying long. We just had breakfast in the restaurant and decided to take a swim too." Erin then went under the water and smiled. "However, I am sure that Gabby wouldn't mind a bit of girl time."

Gabby looked at me and bit her lip when she said that. "Here Matt, take Wally for me and have a bit of guy time with Jay. I want to talk about Erin's pregnancy. And you can talk to him about the case. That's in return for us not telling you to scram. We were here first and as our friends, you would leave when if we asked you guys right?" Jay nodded and agreed. "Of course. Believe me, don't want to get yelled at by Antonio or Matt if we got you stressed." I smiled and nodded when I said that before going to switch with Gabby. "Here's Ella."

Gabby then nodded as she gave me Wally. "You guys just relax and have fun. When he gets tired, let me know and we can have some alone time upstairs again." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that before moving to stand with Jay so that I could get an update on the case. "So, case update please?" Jay then sighed and looked at me. "We are going through your e-mails and speaking to the Office of Fire Investigations right now. We also questioned the owner and he says that he has no clue what you're talking about." I sighed and shook my head.

"Just curious, who are you guys believing? Are you going to trust him or are you going to trust me when it comes to this?" Jay then smiled at me. "We are going to trust you. After all, why would you lie to us? Also, we spoke to Antonio because I know he talkes to Gabby. He is helping us with the case by giving us insight into yours' and Gabby's thinking. So, just keep talking to him normally if he asks you questions." I nodded and agreed with him. "Just promise you won't tell Gabby that. Then she'll overthink it and that's really bad for her right now."

Jay seemed confused when I said that. "What do you mean that's really bad for her now? She okay?" I sighed and just looked at him. "Her stress is high. We have a lot on our mind. Gabby has OCD and Anxiety. And now, we think that Matteo has the same stuff she has. And she is really scared. She has already decided to quit the CFD because she doesn't want to work when we have 3 kids. But, I am worried about her having to deal with a special needs kid and 2 newborns all at once. So worried that I am thinking of inviting my mother-in-law to move in with us."

Jay was shocked when I said that. "Sorry, did you just say that you are considering inviting your mother-in-law to live with you and Gabby?"