Chapter 237

Matt's POV:
After making my way upstairs (and packing some stuff up for Matteo - I already knew what he always brought to the firehouse anyways), I made my way up to me and Gabby's bedroom to see her sitting on the bed with him. "Hey, he okay?"Gabby then looked up at me and invited me over. "That his bag?" I nodded. "I already packed what he always brings to the firehouse. Now, let's see what's up." I then walked over to them and sat down next to them both on the bed. Wrapping my arm around Matteo and Gabby, I looked at him. "Hey buddy, want to tell me what happened down there. Why were you scared of uncle Sevy?"

Matteo when went to cuddle up to me, not knowing what to say. I then went to kiss his head and just ran my fingers through his hair. "Buddy, it's okay. It's uncle Sevy. There's nothing to be worried about." Matteo nodded as he grabbed my shirt. "I had a bad dream again last night. Daddy, come home again?" I nodded and went to grab his hand. "Hey, I am always going to come home to you buddy. Daddy doesn't go into fires anymore. He works outside and just gives orders. Tells people what to do. I promise buddy." Matteo nodded and then went to cuddle up to me. Gabby then smiled at me as she grabbed my hand.

"You want me to finish packing for him or is he already all packed up?" I smiled at her. "He's already packed up. What about you and the kids?" Gabby then looked at me. "I have all my things. But you still need to pack up your laptop and stuff." I nodded and agreed with her. "Gabby, Matteo is more important." I then went to kiss his head and smiled at him. "And he always will be more important." Matteo smiled when I said tha tbefore cuddling up to me more. "Listen, how about I carry him downstairs? Can you handle the kids? I can grab the cribs and my bags." Gabby nodded and agreed as we both got up.

Carrying Matteo in my arms, I walked over to the cribs and went to pick them up before looking at Gabby as she walked over to me. Giving me my bag, I smiled as I noticed it was new. "This isn't my bag." Gabby then smiled as she wrapped her arms around me. 'Happy birthday. I got you a new bag for work. A nice gym bag instead of that old bag." I smiled when she said that and went to look at the bag. "You even got it personalized." Gabby smiled and nodded. "Okay, enough gifts for you. Get the things and go downstairs. Oh and spend time with him in the living room. No work yet." I agreed and nodded before looking at Matteo.

"Let's go downstairs buddy." Carrying Matteo, the cribs and my bag...I smiled as I made my way downstairs so that we could go downstairs and have breakfast as a family.

Gabby's POV:
As I watched Matt walk away with Matteo, I decided to take a minute to myself in the washroom. Going to look at myself, I went to tear up a bit because I felt like this was my fault. I was the one that caused Matteo to have these worries. He shouldn't have OCD or Anxiety, whatever he has. That shouldn't be something he has to deal with. You know what? I just need to take my meds and make sure that they work. I need to think straight and remember what Matt told me. He told me that this was not my fault. But how could it not be? I am the only one who can pass it down.

And it's a known fact that OCD and Anxiety are genetic. Can we really deal with a special needs child? You know what, I just have to quit the CFD. I can't do it. I just hope that Matt won't be mad when I tell him that. And even if he is mad, I am not going to change my mind. Just need to not do it on his birthday. So a few deep breaths Gabby and just get through today. Maybe just a few minutes sitting on the bed and I will be fine. Going to grab my meds, I took them and then went to grab my washroom things to take to the firehouse. Once that was done, I walked over to the bed so that I could sit down for 5 minutes. What I didn't know though was it would become 20.

Chief Casey Season 2: Balancing Work, Family and FriendshipsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara