Chapter 315

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished in the bath that night, I smiled when I put some boxers on while watching Gabby sit in bed. Seeing that she was putting some mosturizer on, I walked over to her. "Here, need a hand?" Gabby then smiled when I said that and nodded. "I am just trying to get my upper back. I find that part of my back is always so dry." I nodded and agreed as she turned. I then went to put some moisturizer on my hands and went to rub her back. "I can always do this for you okay? I am sorry but, that just looked really uncomfortable what you were trying to do. Don't be afraid to ask me to do stuff for you."

Gabby sighed when I said that as she went to lean back against her pillows once I was done. Setting the moisturizer down on my side table, I went to join her and stopped her from grabbing her iPad. "Gabby, we both know that when you sigh...it's another way of telling me that you need to talk to me. I have learned that." Gabby then rolled over, looking at me as we both sat in bed together. I then went to lay down while closing the covers. "Just lay down and relax okay? I am always here to talk and that's what we are going to do right now."

Gabby smiled as she went to lay down. I then went to grab her hand and smiled at her. "Listen, I feel like tonight has shown me that there is obviously stuff we need to talk about. So, before we even do other stuff like read or anything...I want to give you a chance to talk to me if you need to. Gabby, you can always talk to me and I just know there's something up." Gabby then sighed as she looked at me. "I guess I am just still getting used to this life as a chief's wife. I mean...I should be used to it already but, it's hard. You never used to work this much at home."

I nodded and understood. "It's going to be a transition period, we both know that. And I am going to try and make it was easy as possible. But, you need to know what I can do." Gabby sighed. "Can I just talk right now and explain what I would like to see when it comes to your home work?" I nodded and smiled. "Go ahead." Gabby then took a breath and went to explain. "No work before me and the kids are awake and fed." I looked at her a bit confused. "Why? That is the quietest time to do my work." Gabby then sighed. "It's also my hardest time. No meds."

I then realized that and just sighed. "I am so sorry Gabby, I didn't even think about that." Moving closer to her, I moved to wrap both my arms around her waist before cuddling up to her. Doing the same, Gabby went to rub my back as we held each other close. "I know, we are still in an adjustment period." I then shook my head. "Gabby, you've had this diagnosis for a long time. Heck, you got it before we moved to Puerto Rico. I should be used to how you work." Gabby sighed and knew what I mean. "Matt, just relax okay?" I nodded and went to kiss her forehead.

Gabby smiled when I did that before slipping her legs in between mine. "Another thing, you need to promise me that you will start coming to sleep here. Sorry but, I know I said I would try and sleep there but...I don't care how comfortable that mattress is, I can't sleep there at night. And it's not just because the mattress isn't comfortable, which it is...it's just not easy to bring 3 kids along. I'd like to commute if that's okay? Or is that asking too much." I nodded and agreed. "I can commute. Plus, means I get more sexy time on a daily basis."

Gabby was confused when I said that before kissing me softly. "How?" I then whispered to her. "Sexy shower time every morning." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that. "I promise." Gabby smiled as she went to kiss me again, taking it slow with me as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Do me a favor and shut off the lights? We can just keep kissing until we fall asleep in each other's arms tonight." I nodded and agreed as I went to roll over to shut off my lamp. Gabby then did the same with hears before getting close to me again. 

Tugging the covers up and wrapping my arms around her, I smiled as I felt Gabby put her hands on my face while slipping her legs in between mine. "I love you." I smiled when she said that and gave her a quick kiss. "I love you too." Taking it slow with her, I smiled as we just held each other close while enjoying a nice, long, passionate kiss in bed that night. After a while though, we just fell asleep in each other's arms...just like it was always supposed to be.