Chapter 336

Matt's POV: After going to get Matteo changed into something comfortable, I smiled as we both made our way back upstairs to me and Gabby's bedroom. Running in ahead of me, Matteo went right back to our bed. Looking at him as I walked in, I just smiled. "Okay, now that you are comfortable...you can't complain about anything. We are going to cuddle as a family just like you want and that means you need to be a good boy. If you are, maybe you can sleep with mommy and daddy tonight." Matteo smiled when I said that and nodded, liking the idea.

However, Gabby wasn't as thrilled with the idea as she came out of the washroom after taking her shower. "Think maybe you can ask me whether I would be okay with that?" Turning to look at her, I bit my lip. "Sorry babe, I already kinda promised him that. Plus, he is already in his PJs. And we all know we are going to stay up here for the rest of the day. So, it's more likely than not that he is going to be sleeping up here anyways." Gabby then sighed when I said that. "I just don't want to hand over a cranky kid to Antonio." Going to hang her towel up, Gabby smiled.

Joining Matteo in bed, she then went to wrap her arm around him before kissing the top of his head. "You like the idea of going to uncle Tonio's house tomorrow?" Matteo nodded and smiled. "I play with Teo." Gabby smiled when he said that and nodded before watching me get in bed. Wrapping my arm around Matteo too as I closed the covers, I then smiled as I grabbed her hand. "Gabby, just relax okay? Antonio can deal with it because he is going to be relaxed. Plus, it's only one day. He'll call us if anything goes wrong." Gabby nodded and agreed. "2 days."

I was confused when she said that. "I want him to stay there. We can go to supper not tomorrow but the day after. Just easier at the firehouse." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Looking at Matteo, I smiled at him before going to look at the book he picked. "You want me to read that to you buddy or mama?" Matteo then looked at me. "Daddy please...mama always reads to me." I nodded and agreed as I went to slip down in bed with him, letting go of Gabby's hand before wrapping my arm around him so that I could hold him close.

Cuddling up to my side, Matteo just laid down close to me as I went to open the book to start reading to him. Kissing his forehead as I held him close, I couldn't help but smile as I spent a little bit of quality time with him. We haven't done this in a while and it definitely was overdue. Making the character voices at the same time, I knew Matteo was having a blast. That's when I felt Gabby get closer to Matteo and cuddled up to him too while grabbing my hand. I smiled when she did that before concentrating on the book again.

Looking at her as I went to do some of the voices again, I could tell she was really impressed with how good I was being with Matteo. And everything was just perfect right now. Me and the family all cuddled up to one another as we read to Matteo in bed with us. Nothing could be anymore perfect. That was until I saw that Ella was awake in her crib next to Gabby. Looking at Gabby, I went to point to Ella and she smiled. "You?" I nodded and smiled while continuing to read to Matteo, uninterrupted by the fact Ella wants to cuddle.

Meanwhile, Gabby got up and went to grab her for me. Picking her up out of her crib, Gabby then walked around the bed so that she could give her to me. "Here, just hold her close. She's already been fed." I nodded and agreed with her. "Matteo, Ella wans to cuddle up to daddy too. Can you move over?" Matteo nodded and agreed as he slipped over closer to Gabby's side of the bed.

I then smiled when he did that. But my smile got even bigger as I felt her lay Ella down in front of me on the mattress. Wrapping my arm around her, I smiled as I quickly looked down at her and kissed her forehead. I then proceeded to return to reading to Matteo for the next 30 minutes. He had a couple books there and we just read the all until all of them were done.