Chapter 241

Antonio's POV: When Gabby said that it was her idea to quit the fire department, I was shocked. Gabby has always wanted this. To be a paramedic and then a firefighter. And she was great at it...why would she be changing things up now. Sitting down next to her, I took a deep breath and went to grab her hand. "Let me just ask about this first...you already spoke about all of this to Matt right? That's why he called me?" Gabby nodded. "Yeah, believe me Antonio...I would not talk about this to you first. This is something me and Matt decided together. He supports me."

I nodded and understood. "Well, I am glad he supports you because I am really shocked sis. Why are you really considering this? Is it because you want to spend more time with the kids?" Gabby then shook her head. "Antonio, it's a combination of things. But first, let me say that I don't care what you think okay...I need you to go along with this and not say anything to Matt. I need this Antonio. I need to do what's best for me. And for me, that's to be a full-time mom to my kids. I don't care if that means I have to give up my job, it's what I want for my life."

I nodded and understood. "Just talk to me Gabby. Let me in." Gabby nodded and agreed to let me in. "Antonio, just worrying about Matteo having what I have is already stressful enough. And I've seen how stressful it is for you as a cop to know your kids are at home. If it was bad for you...bad enough for you to become an alcoholic. By the way, I am so sorry about Severide last night." I nodded and smiled at her, kissing her head. "It's okay Gabby, just keep talking to me." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Antonio, this is not about work. It's about my sanity."

I nodded and understood. "Gabby, you don't have to convince me okay? I am here for you. And I always will be. You guys need time together without the kids?" Gabby then sighed and thought about it. "No, I want Matteo here. It's Matt's birthday and he was so excited to come spend time with his daddy today. Or as he likes to call him, papa." I smiled when she said that. "He likes to use the spanish version of his title?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Yeah, it's adorable in my opinion. He is so cute when he calls him papa."

I smiled and went to kiss her forehead. "Gabby listen, I am sorry for getting mad at the start there okay? I am on your side with whatever you need. I am on leave and I can help you with whatever you need. If you need to go see the doctor, I can go with you." Gabby shook her head. "No. I want Matt to go with me. I want him to be in this journey with me Antonio because he is going to be the one I lean on the most when it comes to this. I am already scared because my son might have the same stuff as me. Imagine him."

I then sighed. "Oh god, what type of brother-in-law am I? I hadn't even thought about how he's doing. How he's feeling about his son possibly having what you have." Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded. "Yeah, I haven't really talked to him about it yet because I am panicking. I am scared to have to deal with 3 kids alone sometimes. That's why I come here. But to deal with 3 kids, one with special needs...that freaks me out so much that I am going stir crazy at home. Reading stuff that I shouldn't be reading while also worrying if he's safe."

I then got concerned. "And you don't worry that he's safe while you are here?" Gabby shook her head. "No, because I see him come back from every call. And he comes to see me after every call. And believe me, I would be the first person to know if something went wrong. Remember Antonio, everybody here is family to me and they will contact me if something is wrong with Matt." That's when I saw Hermann walk by the office. "Damn straight I'll do that for you Gabby. I would want someone to do the same for Cindy."

Gabby smiled when he Hermann said that. "I would do the same for her Hermann. Listen, I am just talking to my brother but...what's going on out there with the kids?" He smiled when Gabby asked. "Matt is playing peek-a-boo with Wally. Ella is asleep in her stroller and Matteo is playing a firetruck game on the iPad." Gabby smiled when he said that before going to push a strand of her hair behind her ear. "God, I love those kids." He agreed and smiled when she said that. "Gabby, you okay? I can tell when you are worried. Need to talk?"

Gabby shook her head. "No, it's kinda why Antonio and Sylvie are here. I promise though...we will be out there soon to hang out with the rest of you guys." He smiled and agreed before walking away to his office. Turning to look at Gabby, I smiled. "Hey so listen, while I'm here...I need to get your signature on something. I know this is bad timing but, I didn't want to do it last night but now...you are here." I then got up and went to grab a form from my jacket.

Giving it to Gabby, she then opened it. "What's this?" Opening it, she was confused. "It's a report on what dad did. If you sign it, I'll give it to the judge handling dad's case and you can get an enhanced order of protection/restraining order against him. Plus, I added Ella and Wally into the order. The original order only covered you, Matt and Matteo. So, if you are okay with that and sign it...I can work it out." Gabby then sighed. "Can you get Matt back in here. He has to sign it too and I want to talk to him too." I nodded and agreed with her, kissing her forehead.

"He going to yell at me?" Gabby laughed. "Probably. But, you are staying for a while." I nodded and agreed as I went to kiss her forehead softly one last time before getting up and going to get Matt so that they could talk about the new restraining order against our father.