Chapter 254

Matt's POV: After making my way to our office, I smiled when I walked in to see Gabby getting changed into her sweats. I then smirked at the underwear she was wearing because they were bright red. "I guess jeans are gone for the rest of the day?" Gabby then turned to look at me and nodded. "You already knew this was going to happen. I said first nap." I smiled and agreed as I went to close the door to our room before walking over to her. I then decided to help her a bit with her pants. "Here, let me help." Gabby nodded and agreed as she let them off to the ground. Stepping out of them, she brought me close to her before kissing me softly. "Thank you for coming to join me. I need some shut eye and the kids need someone to watch them."

I nodded and smiled. "You never have to thank me for agreeing to join you in bed and hold you while you are taking a nap. It is my pleasure." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she went to grab my sweatpants. Putting them on, I went to help her tug them up before watching as she moved to crawl into our bed. Getting in, she then got under the covers while looking at me. "You coming to join me or am I going to have to beg for you to join me in bed?" I smiled as I went to take off my shoes before going to get in the bed with her. Wrapping my arm around her as I leaned against the pillows, I felt her cuddle up to me with her hand and head on my chest.

Gabby then looked up at me and smiled as she leaned up to kiss me softly. "Happy birthday Matt. You enjoying your birthday so far?" I nodded and smiled. "Let me see, I get to cuddle up to my girl in the middle of the day...I have the kids here at the firehouse with me and I get to spend it with my friends. What better way is there to spend my birthday?" Gabby then smiled as she laid her head down on my chest, quite tired. "You still tired from last night?" Gabby nodded when I said that. Kissing her forehead, I sighed. "How many times did you wake up in the middle of the night to feed them? And how many times did you forget to wake me up?"

Gabby sighed when I asked her that. "I woke up 3 times. I forgot to wake you up for the middle one because I thought it would be short. Matt, that one is always short. So I thought that I could just do it quickly." I nodded and understood as I went to tug the covers up. "Gabby, may DI remind you that I don't care what time of the night it is okay? I want you to wake me up because that way I can help you. It's not good for you to be this tired on a daily basis. Gabby, please let me to my job and be the husband/father both you and the kids need when I am home. Please." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "You are such a great dad Matt."

I smiled when she said that and nodded. "And you are such a great mom Gabby. But you aren't in this alone. You never will be okay? just remember that. I am here to help you because it's my job as the kids' dad. Now, you need rest...unless you just want to talk while the kids sleep?" Gabby thought about it. "I guess I want to talk about that thing the commissioner gave us. You think it was genuine? You know him giving it to us? Or do you think it was a bribe?" I thought about what she said and hadn't even thought about that. "You really think he would try and bribe me now? Right after Boden's death?"

Gabby sighed. "I wouldn't put it past him considering that was the same guy who lead Boden on to think he was going to retire and then appoint him as Commissioner. Instead, he just led him on and never did it. So, I am not sure how much I trust him. I really only trust him because Severide and you do. Sorry but, Severide is what convinces me more." I laughed and agreed. "Don't worry, Severide trusting him is what makes me trust him too. I take no offence in you only trusting him because Severide trusts him."

Gabby smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly when Matteo spoke to us. "Papa?" I then turned to look at him. "Yeah buddy?" He then looked at us. "I trying to sleep. Can you please keep it down?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she laid her head down on my chest. "Of course Matteo." Matteo nodded and went to lay down again. I then wrapped my arm around Gabby's back and kissed her head before whispering to her. "Oh no, he's talking back to us." Gabby laughed when I said that before leaning up to kiss me one last time before eventually falling asleep (just like me) in my arms.