Chapter 265

Matt's POV: After spending the past 15 minutes getting my suit on and ready to go, I smiled as I came out to see Severide just relaxing on the couch with our kids. I then proceeded to go grab some nice shoes and went to put them on. "Holy smokes. You are lookin' mighty fine tonight man." I looked up at him and laughed. "Hey, you have to look good to feel good. Isn't that what they always say? Plus, Gabby recently got me this suit since I didn't have any when we moved back. Thought it'd be nice to wear it for the first time on Valentine's Day to show her off with it."

Severide smiled and agreed with me when I said that before looking at Gabby as she came out wearing the same dress she wore to my promotion ceremony. Checking herself in the mirror, I could tell she was a bit nervous. "How do I look?" I just smiled at her when she asked me that before walking over to her. "You know what, this is too tight and it doesn't hide the baby..." Bringing her close to me, I went to grab her neck and then kissed her softly to shut her up. "You look absolutely gorgeous Gabby. Please do not go get changed out of this dress."

Slapping my chest, Gabby then looked at Severide. "Okay, now from someone who isn't just saying that because he wants some attention in bed later." Me and Severide both laughed when she said that. Severide then looked at her. "Gabby, you look stunning. Heck, if this me in 2014...I would literally be flirting with you and basically just trying to get in your pants you look so good." I then stared at him and shook my head. "She is taken, married and you are holding our two children there mister. Oh and may I remind you that your wife is pregnant!"

Gabby then turned to look at me and stepped close to me. "Babe, just relax okay? I see Severide as a brother and nothing else. Plus, Severide knows that if he even tries to cheat on my best friend that he is going to get it from me." I nodded and agreed with her before going to grab her hand. "And this is why our wives are best friends Severide. Because they keep us in line." Gabby smiled when I said that before cuddling up to me. Kissing her head, I smiled as I went to grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. "Well listen, you need anything...call us."

I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that before smirking at Severide. "So basically man, don't need us! Now, she made bottles they are in the fridge. Please do not overfeed them. Gabby wants to have wine with me tonight." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Sometimes mom just needs some wine to calm down." Severide nodded and agreed. "Then go have your wine guys and get out of here before you guys miss dinner service." Nodding, we both smiled at each other before walking over to the babies. Giving them quick kisses, Gabby then looked at Severide.

"If I come back and my babies are not in pristine condition...I am making Matt put you on washroom duty at the firehouse." Gabby then slapped his cheek before walking away. Severide then stared at me. "You wouldn't dare." I just looked at him and then looked at Gabby. "Let me see, best friend or woman who both gave me kids and continues to make me the happiest man in the entire world. Uhm sorry dude, but wife wins." I then walked over to Gabby and she smiled at me. "Not that you have any choice in whether I win or not. Last time I check, I control the sex."

Severide then nodded and laughed. "Yeah, keep thinking that Gabby." I then turned to look at him. "About that Severide. I haven't mentioned this yet but...I am going to be sending all the officers an online course which is mandatory. You are going to do a course on domestic violence. I had to do it during my chief course and I would like all my officers to do it so we have better awareness of domestic violence situations. So, that means that we can see whether there might have been a fight that could've caused a fire much easier." Severide nodded and agreed. "Sure."

I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled. "Now listen, as much as I would love to stay and talk with Severide...I would like to go downstairs so we can spend a descent amount of time down there before Gabby decides that she wants to come back up here, put the kids to bed and cuddle in bed." Severide nodded and agreed. "Then get out of here. And I can put the kids to bed if you want." Gabby then shook her head. "Nope, I am doing it. Then, I am taking a bath with Matt." Severide nodded and understood. "Okay, now get going."

Me and Gabby both nodded when he said that. Going to grab Gabby's hand, I smiled as we I intertwined our fingers before prepared to take her to dinner in a private room at the restaurant.