Chapter 217

Matt's POV: After finishing breakfast with Gabby and Matteo, I smiled as I Matteo spend a bit of time with his siblings in the living room. Sitting in between them, he just held their hands while me and Gabby sat at the table with some drinks. "God, I don't know what we did to have such a great toddler. I mean, he is amazing with his siblings." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she went to grab my hand. "He probably gets it from you Matt. You always took care of your mom and sister even though you were younger than her." I sighed and agreed. "Yeah, because I felt it was my duty as the man of the house. Well, and her proxy parent. It was rough for us growing up. Just wish that bond would've stuck through all the crazy stuff we've been through recently."

Gabby sighed when I said that and rubbed my hand. "We still calling Kelly and Stella?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Soon, I am just enjoying the view right now?" Gabby blushed when I said that and smiled. "You can enjoy the view later. Last time I checked, you still had me later tonight and every night for the rest of your life." I then looked at her. "Oh, you thought I meant you...I was talking about the sight of our kids getting along so well." Gabby then went to slap me, obviously not very impressed. I then shook my head. "Gabby, of course I like the view here too."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "By the way, we need to get out plans figured out. We have said so many things...I just want to know what we are doing. First we said Antonio and Sylvie, then we said a walk by the water, and now we are saying that we want to see Stella and Severide. What are we doing babe? You choose because you are the birthday boy." I sighed and thought about it. "I like the idea of going for a walk by the water....but that's a summer thing. The babies will get sick if we do that and I don't need them getting sick right now when I can't take days off yet."

Gabby nodded and understood. "And we already know that we're not going to see Antonio and Sylvie since we already see enough of them. Honestly, I do not need to see my brother every weekend." I laughed when she said that. "I see him whenever I am at work. Well, I would. We deal with CPD intelligence so much that I am thinking of literally creating a job at the firehouse as our liaison to Voigt. If I can reduce how much I can come into contact with him...then I would prefer that anyday." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that. "Relax Matt, you're on good terms." I agreed and nodded. "So, what are we doing anyways. I am so confused right now."

Gabby then went to grab my hand and smiled. "How about we just go with the flow? Something I want to do though is go to the Academy. I haven't been in a while and would like to see the badges. Matteo should see them too." I thought about it and nodded. "That sounds like a great way to celebrate my birthday. By visiting the academy but, it's too busy today. They have the open house. Hermann is there and is speaking on behalf of Firehouse 51 since Lee Henry is there." Gabby smiled and agreed. "You know, we could go work at Molly's for a while or just hang out there. Matteo can sit in our lap and we can just have fun together."

*Gabby's Thoughts: Or we can go there for the surprise party I set up for you with all of Firehouse 51, Chicago Med and Chicago PD (excluding Voight)*

"Let's go there actually around 11ish. Have some lunch there." I agreed and smiled when she said that, ready to go to Molly's for the day.