Chapter 338

Matt's POV: After spending the past hour spilling my heart out to Gabby, some stuff not even related to the original topic we were supposed to me talking about...I took a breath and just went to take a drink of water from the bottle I had on my side table. I then went to look at Gabby again, enjoying the feeling of her close to me as we held each other in bed. "Matt, I am so happy that you opened up. But babe, you need to promise you will do it more often. I can see now that you have a lot more on your mind than you even want to tell me." I nodded and agreed with her.

"I know, it's just hard. I am trying to be a good husband and not overwhelm you because I know what that does to you. You already have so much on your plate and..." Gabby kissed me when I started to say that before looking me in the eyes. "Matt, I am your wife. I don't care if you think it's best for me not to get involved. I am involved no matter what because I can see the stress you put on yourself. And it makes me feel bad. Makes me feel like there is something else I can do to help you relax. You should've have to go through this alone but...I am not sure what to do."

I nodded and understood what she meant before going to kiss her forehead as she looked down. "What you can do is this. I think we need to talk like this more. I need to share and we need to communicate better. I remember last time around, that was what ruined us. I don't want to...scratch that, I won't let that happen to us again because we have a lot more at stake. We have the kids and each other. And that's all I need." Gabby smiled when I Said that before nodding as she laid down close to me again and wrapped her arms around me.

Kissing the top of her head as I rubbed her back, I sighed when I started to hear the babies cry. Gabby then looked up at me. "Can we just bring them in bed with us? I am not ready to move. I am too comfortable and just want to stay here today. How does that sound?" Turning to look at Matteo who was just waking up, I smiled. "What do you say Matteo? Want to just stay here for the rest of the day with me, mommy and your siblings?" Matteo nodded and smiled as he cuddled up to the covers. "Can we watch movies you think?" I nodded and smiled at Gabby. "Disney+"

Gabby then nodded in agreement. "Okay, I am tired of you just using it without saying it. Can you please finally say it while you go get Gabriel for me?" I then looked at her confused when she said that. "Say what?" Gabby then smirked. "That us getting Disney+ was a good idea? I mean, we watch movies on there all the time. And you said that it was a waste of money." I nodded and agreed with her before going to get the babies for Gabby. "Want to use the bottles?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "Here, give Gabriel to Matteo and then sit down. I am going to get them."

Gabby then smiled. "How about you go see if we have leftovers? We brought some home from Antonio's. You are going downstairs anyways." I nodded and agreed with her. "We going to eat up here? It's a bit messy." Gabby bit her lip when I asked her that. "You know what. Let's go downstairs. It'll take us 10 minutes to eat and then we can head come back up here." I nodded and smiled. "And we can get everything we need before we head to bed because, once I am up here...I am not going downstairs again." Gabby then agreed. "Pack Matteo's bags too."

I nodded and looked at Matteo. "Hey Matteo, how about me and you go pack some stuffies and stuff for uncle Tonio's? You are going there for 2 nights remember?" Matteo then nodded as he got up and smiled. "Can you put some new PJs in there. Oh and we need to give him a bath." I agreed and nodded. "Then listen, you just spend the next hour resting with the babies. I will give Matteo a bath, pack his bags and then we will come back up here together once we are ready. That way, I have more time in bed with you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me.

Looking at Matteo, I smiled at him. "C'mon Matteo, let's go get some stuff done. Best part, you get to spend a bit of time alone with papa for a while." Matteo got up right when I said that and went to grab my hand, really excited. Gabby laughed when he did that. "Wow, seems like he really likes that idea." I nodded and smiled as I looked at her. "Just relax. I will be back once I have Matteo packed and supper is ready for us to eat. We'll eat up here." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Matteo can you head downstairs quickly? Daddy will be right there."

Matteo nodded and then ran away to go down to his room. Meanwhile, I looked at Gabby confused. "Come here." I nodded and agreed. Grabbing my shirt once I was there, Gabby tugged my lips down to hers and kissed me smiling. "You sir are coming up with a lot of good ideas today." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "Listen, before you get too excited...I am going to go get supper ready and pack Matteo up. Maybe give me 30-45 minutes and then I will be back with supper. I am going to give you a massage though okay? I think it's overdue." Gabby smiled.

"I would love one but, not tonight. Tonight...you are going to cuddle with Matteo." I nodded and agreed with her. "Sure thing. Now, I have to go." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as I walked out of our bedroom to go help Matteo pack for Antonio's.