Chapter 193

Matt's POV: After going to check the thermostat and turning it up a few degress, I made my way back to the living room. "It'll be warmer in here in a bit. You had it at 78 babe. I thought you liked it at 81." Antonio then looked at Gabby. "You like it at 81 in here?" Gabby then sighed. "I haven't adjusted to the Chicago weather yet and I am not getting a cold when I am breastfeeding. Sylvie nodded and agreed, understanding. "Preech girl! I totally get it. Antonio, you remember how hard it was for me to adjust from the weather in Puerto Rico to the weather in Chicago."

Gabby then sighed. "Well, it's not just me. It's also for the babies. They only know the Puerto Rico heat. So, until they are used to it...I am not taking chances with them getting colds." I then went to grab her hand and rubbed it. "Gabby, take a feed deep breaths for me and relax okay? You are starting to rant." Gabby nodded and agreed as I looked at Wally again. "How is he doing under there?" Gabby then turned to look at Wally and smiled. "He's still feeding. I think he's growing." Antonio then looked at us. "Yeah, it would be that time. They always grow every 2 weeks."

I nodded and agreed. "He turns 1 month in 2 days. And of course, I am working on my birthday." Sylvie then looked at me. "Then remind me why you celebrated your birthday already?" I sighed. "Because it was the second day of our shifts. My birthday is on the first day of our shifts. I am going to be coming home that night though. If I can, I am going to sleep in our bed on my birthday." Grabbing Gabby's hand again, I went to intertwine our fingers and smiled at her. "Unfortunately, it'll just be for a few hours."

Gabby then shook her head. "Hey, don't even say that. It may just be for a few hours but I appreciate those few hours you are home. It allows me to sleep more at night since we rotate feedings. If you weren't here and I was...then I would have to do them all and also take care of Matteo. And believe me, that's a lot to take care." I nodded and agreed as I went to kiss her forehead softly. "Just relax okay Gabby?" Gabby smiled and nodded as I said that. She then went to grab some more water and took a drink.

That's when I got a text from my sister. 'Hey, sorry for the late warning. But...I decided to come a bit earlier. I want to see those new nieces and nephews of mine. That okay?' I then turned to look at Gabby. "My sister's coming earlier because she wants to see Wally and Ella." Gabby then turned to look at me and sighed. "It's okay for this once but you are talking to her when she gets here to remind her that she can't do that Matt! When we set a time, she needs to stick to it so that I can be ready. You know me and schedules, OCD?"

I nodded and understood. "Hey, just relax. I will talk to her when she's here about that okay? She probably just forgot and wanted to see the kids." Gabby then took a breath and nodded. "Listen Antonio, I am going to finish feeding her and then I have to take a shower." I then turned to look at Gabby and shook my head. "Gabby, you don't have to do that. She isn't going to be here long. We are going out to the park with Matteo too." Gabby then sighed. "I just don't want to look like a mess for your sister." I then shook my head.

"Gabby, you are breastfeeding and you are tired. You are allowed to look this way. Please babe, just relax and drink some water. Now, is he almost done?" Gabby then nodded as she looked at Wally. "Can you burp him?" I nodded. "Of course. Give him to me and then you can drink some of your water to relax. You guys going to stay Antonio?" Antonio shook his head. "No, we are going to let your sister and niece have a bit of time with you guys and the kids. I mean, if that's okay with you Sylvie?" Sylvie then looked at Antonio and nodded.

"Yeah, we should let them have time with his sister. We have seen each other every single day for a year straight. Christie hasn't seen much of them." I agreed and nodded. "Gabby, you just relax and I will let them out. Christie should be here soon anyways. Actually, I think that's her car pulling up." Gabby then nodded and smiled at me. "Okay. Remember, we are talking to her when she gets in her." I nodded and then went to kiss her softly. "Of course." Getting up, I then went to lead Antonio to the door and smiled. "Thanks again for coming."

Antonio laughed when I said that and smiled as he went to open the door. "Have fun with your sister." I nodded and ageed with him as I watched him and Sylvie put their coats on, get Hannah and Theo all bundled up before leaving to go to their car which was parked on the road. Once they left, I decided to just stay at the door to let my sister and niece in.