Chapter 227

Matt's POV:
After getting dressed in my sweats, I smiled as I went to check my phone to see that I just got some new pictures from Antonio of our newborn niece Hannah. "Hey Gabby, you check your phone since we got home?" Gabby then game out of the washroom also wearing her sweats and just stared at me. "Let me see, I've been kind of busy with my husband." I smirked as she said that before going to sit in bed again. "Here, I got some new picture from Antonio." She nodded and agreed while walking over to join me in bed again.

Sitting down next to me, Gabby then grabbed my phone so that she could look at the pictures. "Oh god, that little niece of ours is adorable." I smiled and agreed. "Not as adorable as our daughter of course." Gabby turned to look at me and smiled when I said that before going to kiss me softly. "Listen, I just wanted to say about what we just did. It was fun and I am glad we did it. I've missed you for a while. You being Chief I guess...just makes me want you more since we aren't seeing each other as much compared to Puerto Rico with you working."

I nodded and agreed with her before going to grab her hand. "I promise Gabby, things will calm down and you will see more of me. But right now, I am just adjusting to the role as Chief." Gabby understood while cuddling up to me more and putting her hand on my chest. Moving my hand to her arm, I went to rub it before kissing her forehead. "We will make this work Gabby. Don't give up on us okay?" Gabby then looked up at me. "Trust me, I am never going to give up on us. First of all, I regret loosing you the first time. And second of all, we have 3 kids."

Gabby seemed to be about to say something when she saw Matteo. "Speaking of kids..." I then turned my head and smiled. "Hey Matteo. Come lay down with mommy and daddy." He nodded as he went to get up on our bed when the baby monitors went off. I then sighed and just shook my head. "Want me to go get them and some milk for them?" Gabby then nodded and smiled. "Can you try and find our mini fridge too? I want to start keeping some bottles up here at night. That way, you don't have to go downstairs and get them." I nodded smiling. "Sure thing."

I then looked at Matteo. "Want to come help daddy get some milk for your brother and sister?" Matteo then thought about it before getting up and nodding. "Can I stay in here again tonight papa?" Looking up at Gabby, I nodded. "I'd love that. And I mean it Gabby. I want the kids up here so that I don't have to go downstairs to see them. I can see them first thing on my birthday. By the way, you are totally coming tomorrow for shift. Sorry but, I am not spending my birthday without you." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Oh, I know. Overnight or shifts?"

I thought about it and smiled. "Let's try the overnight again. That way, I can do the reports while the kids are asleep for a while." Gabby smiled and agreed. "Then you go get the kids and some milk. Meanwhile, I am going to pack us a bag." I agreed and smiled before looking at Matteo. "C'mon buddy, you are going to help daddy get some milk for your siblings." I then looked at Gabby. "Can you feed them? I am going to find that mini fridge okay? I think it's in the basement." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Sure thing. The sooner it's up here the better."

I laughed and agreed with her before leading Matteo downstairs so that we could get the babies some bottles of milk before bring the kids upstairs. That was until Matteo went to get in bed. Gabby just laughed when he did that. "You do the bottles, I got the kids okay? Matteo, just stay there for a bit okay? I have to go get your siblings." Matteo nodded and agreed as he went to lay down in our bed under the covers when we walked out together. Grabbing Gabby's hand, I smiled before going to whisper in her ear. "Should we change the sheets?"

Gabby then thought about it and nodded. "Yeah, I should. Listen, get the bottles and I will go put them in the wash on the second floor. Forget about the fridge for now okay? We can do that on our next day off." I agreed and nodded, letting her hand go. "The babies aren't up yet so you have time." Gabby agreed and nodded as she let my hand go.

Gabby's POV:
After letting of Matt's hand, I walked back into the bedroom to see Matteo laying down in bed. "Hey Matteo, I need to change the bed sheets okay? Can you get up and help me take them off?" Matteo then nodded. He was good when it came to undoing things which was why I asked him for help. Walking around to Matt's side, I went to take off the big blanket before going to grab the sheets so we could take them off and change them before Matt came back upstairs.