Chapter 192

Matt's POV: Once we all finished eating breakfast (and I did the dishes), I was now on my way to the living room to talk to Sylvie and Antonio when I remembered to grab some water for me and Gabby. Filling up our water bottles, I put some water in when Matteo walked up to me. "Papa, can I get some water?" I then smiled when he said that. "You want to use your water bottle like we have don't you buddy?" matteo then nodded and smiled. "Can you go get it for me? I think it's on the shelf over there." He agreed and walked away to get it when I finished filling up our water bottles. That's when Matteo came back and I went to fill his water bottle. "Here Matteo."

Matteo then smiled. "Thanks papa." He then walked away and I smiled when I went to fill up me and Gabby's water bottles. Once that was done, I walked over to the living room and gave Gabby her water bottle when I saw she was breastfeeding Wally. "Here, have some water." Gabby smiled and agreed as she grabbed her bottle and then started to take some water. Sitting down next to her, I wrapped my arm around her and then went to look at Wally as she covered herself up with a blanket. Putting my hand on her leg, I smiled as I rubbed it. "I like watching this."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. Meanwhile, I turned my attention back to Antonio and Sylvie. "Sorry, there is just something about her breastfeeding that makes me like watching." Sylvie nodded and smiled. "Antonio does the same thing. For some reason, he can't help but want to watch me breastfeed Hannah. And when Theo was breastfeeding, it was the same thing." Gabby turned to look at me and smiled. "I think for Matt, it's still the fact that he never thought he'd be able to see this. Even though it's been 18 months since I first did this." 

Agreeing with Gabby, I smiled. "Yeah, it's that for sure. It's also because my wife is beautiful when she does it." Gabby smiled and blushed as she turned to look at Antonio. "So Antonio, I hear that there's some news on the work front?" Antonio laughed when she said that. "Yes, I have been given a new role at CPD. I am not the Deputy Head of Intelligence for Case Management and Liaison to the Department of Justice. I was hesitant to take it at first because it was a step down but...it'll be easier to handle with my problems with Alcohol and of course, 2 babies at home."

Gabby then looked at him. "How in the world is that a step down Antonio? You are still a Deputy Head of Intelligence. And you are working directly with the department of Justice. Honestly, I really prefer it this way. It's one thing to have my husband in the line of duty. But to have my brother in the line of duty, it makes me worry a lot. Puts my anxiety on overdrive and we all know that is not good." We all nodded when she said that. Meanwhile, I smiled and just went to kiss her head. "Relax Gabby, it's all okay. Take a drink of water and some breaths."

Gabby nodded and agreed as I went to give her water bottle to her. Opening it, she then took a drink of water before taking a few breaths to help calm herself down. Antonio then smiled when she said that. "God, I don't know why I always smile when you do something like that for her Matt but, I do. Maybe it's just me being the protective big brother and liking that you are treating my sister so great." I laughed and agreed. "Trust me Antonio, you have nothing to worry about. In fact, I worry more about you and it should be that way right now."

Antonio was confused when I said that. "Why's that?" I sighed and just looked at him. "Antonio, you are back at the CPD in a stressful job. We've gone through it with you twice now. The hearing that I am fine. I guess...Listen, I am not doubting that you are fine and that you are going to stay sober it's just..." Antonio then finished my thought. "You are still worried about whether it will be too much for me and I will come to your bar and drink?" I sighed when he said that. "Antonio, I love you like a brother more than a brother-in-law. Are you mad I feel that way?"

Antonio shook his head. "Of course not Matt. I know you only want the best for me. Heck, you were there for me a lot while we were in Puerto Rico. You were so helpful in reminding me to go to meetings and you brought me to some." I nodded and smiled. "Antonio, it's what family does for each other. Anyways, if I hadn't done it...someone else would have." I then turned to look at Gabby and just glared at her. Gabby then laughed and agreed. "Okay, that is true." Antonio agreed. "But you did it becuase you wanted her to concentrate on the pregnancy."

I nodded and agreed. "Yes. Now, I am okay with going with you anytime if you need to go to a meeting. Either that or I can help watch your kids. The offer will always stand. I don't care if I am chief. I already told my boss that family comes first. And you are my family. Plus, I have to stay out of the dog house if I want to keep my head on straight at work." Gabby laughed when I said that before grabbing my hand and laying her head down on my shoulder. She then turned to look at me. "Hey, can you grab me the blanket? I am a little cold in here." I nodded and agreed. "Want me to go check the thermostat? You are always cold in here Gabby." Gabby then nodded and agreed. "Can you?" I smiled and nodded as I went to give her the blanket before getting up to go check the thermostat.