Chapter 276

30 minutes later when breakfast has arrived:
Matt's POV: As I finished speaking to the bellhop at the door about what we do with the cart after breakfast, I smiled when I made my way back to me and Gabby's bed. "So, what do we do when we are done eating?" I smiled when she asked before putting the cart at the end of the bed. "We just roll it out into the hallway. So, that's pretty simple." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before moving over in bed because she knew that we were going to cuddle up to one another while feeding each other. I specifically ordered them on a single plate for that reason. So that me and Gabby could cuddle up to one another as we ate breakfast.

Looking at the plate, I decided to grab the fork and knife quickly before I got in bed to eat with her. "What are you doing?" Looking up at her, I smiled. "Making your goal of us eating in bed easier. If the pancakes are already all cut up, I can just use my fork and feed you while we cuddle up to one another in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that, obviously liking the idea. "I love that idea. After all, there is nowhere I would rather be right now. All cuddled up to my man in bed." I smiled when she said that and nodded while cutting our stack of pancakes into bite-size pieces. Setting the knife down, I then went to grab the fork and carried the plate to bed.

Getting in bed with Gabby again, I smiled when I gave her the plate quickly. "Can you hold this for a minute while I am getting comfortable?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she held the plate for me. Sitting down in bed next to her, I smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her and then closed the covers so that we were all comfortable with each other once again. Once we were, Gabby set the plate down in my lap and I went to grab the fork to feed us. "Now this is the life. The two of us cuddling in bed while the kids are asleep, me feeding you pancakes that I didn't have to cook while we cuddle in bed." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded.

Looking up at me, I could tell that Gabby was really relax and just at peace with everything that was going on in the world. Bending down to kiss her quickly, I then went to take a bite of our pancakes before going to feed her. "Listen, I just want to say this. If you don't want me to call Jay today...I understand. I am going to do whatever you want when it comes to helping you relax today." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going into grab my hand. Rubbing it, I smiled at her. "Matt, I want to get this resolved. You were threatened. And as much as I may look relaxed, we both know that isn't the case when your life is at risk."

Nodding as she moved close to me, I felt Gabby lay down in my arms more and sighed as I wrapped my arm around her back. "Listen, don't get too close or else you'll get all sticky. There's Canadian maple syrup on these pancakes." Gabby was confused when I specifically said Canadian maple syrup. "There are multiple types of maple syrup?" I nodded and smiled at here. "This is from Ontario, Canada. There's also maple syrup in Vermont." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Which do you prefer?" I smiled when she asked. "I prefer the one from Canada. They are the ones who first created it and nothing against Vermont but...the original is much better than the local version."

Gabby laughed when I said that and nodded. "Okay, enough joking about that. We going for a swim after breakfast? Because that is something I am interested in doing." Thinking about it, I smiled and nodded because it sounded like a great idea. "Instead of a shower or after a shower." Gabby then smirked. "Before our shower. You are going to get full of pool chlorine and who knows...maybe I might want to join you in there while the kids are asleep." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "Then listen, let's finish eating...then we can get dressed and head down to the pool. You brought swimwear right?"

Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "Yes, I made sure to bring some. Now, let's finish and then we can go." I smiled, agreeing with her as we proceeded to finish eating breakfast so we could head to the pool that morning.