Chapter 321

Matt's POV: After making my way to Antonio and Sylvie's kitchen, I sighed as I went to lean against the counter. One good thing about this kitchen was that it was isolated from the living room which meant that I could speak freely here and it wouldn't worry Gabby. Seeing Antonio walk in, I smiled at him. "You want anything to drink?" I nodded. "Just some water." He agreed and went to get me a glass before giving it to me. "Here you go." I then went to grab it and smiled as I took a sip. "Listen, I need to talk to you about Gabby okay?"

Antonio then got a bit nervous as he went to lean against the counter. "She okay?" I nodded. "Oh, she's fine. No worries about that. I am talking about her work situation." Antonio sighed. "I am sorry if I am concerned. I just want to make sure that...." I looked at him. "Antonio, I didn't say anything. You know your sister. Had I said anything, she still would've done her own thing. Sure, I may have planted the seeds but...it was all her own decision. I was worried about her, I told her my worries and she came to the right decision for her."

Antonio nodded. "And that's not working." I nodded and sighed. "This is where the second part of our news is. This is why she really doesn't want to work." Antonio then looked at me and got concerned. "Wait, is she..." I then shook my head. "Oh no, we are done. I am snipped and can't get her pregnant again. Don't worry." Antonio nodded and let out a sigh of relief. "No but, we think Matteo might have what she has. Did I mention that to you already?" Antonio then looked at me and nodded. "Right, you might have. I forgot. Two kids."

I just looked at him and shook my head. "I don't want to hear you say anything got it. I have 3 kids, two of them under the age of 6 months. My wife also has special needs and I am the chief of Firehouse 51. You may have young kids but, you sir do not have as much on your plate as I do." Antonio sighed and agreed with me. "You are right Matt, I don't. And I am sorry about that." I then let out of a sigh. "Listen, before we start over...I am going to ask you this. How was your AA meeting last night? Gabby still has them in her phone."

Antonio smiled. "It went great. I found one on the campus of UIC. So, I met up with Eva, had dinner and then I went to my AA meeting." I smiled and agreed with him. "I'm glad. But just remember that...even though I am Firehouse 51's chief, I am always going to be your brother first. If you ever need someone to go to a meeting with you, I will try my best to be there. Just don't ask Gabby okay? She has too much on her plate. But listen, another thing I want to ask about. Gabby mentioned something about Eva or Diego having...."

Antonio nodded. "Yeah, Eva has ADHD and OCD. So, she takes medicine to control it." I agreed and nodded. "So, I think I am going to get our kids tested for it. When are they old enough?" Antonio bit his lip and tried to remember. "I think we did it when Eva was a teenager but...I think you can do it when they are Matteo's age." That's when I heard Matteo walk into the kitchen. "Uncle Tonio." Antonio then looked at him and smiled as he bent down. "Hey buddy."

Matteo then went to hug him and smiled. "Your home is nice." Antonio smiled when he said that. "You're looking for Theo aren't you?" Matteo nodded. "He's upstairs in his bedroom. Go see if he wants to share his toys with you." Matteo nodded and then ran away to go upstairs. I smiled when Antonio got up and looked at me. "Thank god our boys are only 8 months apart." I agreed and nodded. "Yeah, definitely." Antonio smiled when I said that. "Remember to keep him out of school until Theo is eligible okay?" I nodded and agreed with him. "Sure thing."

Antonio then looked at me and smiled when I turned to look at Gabby. She was currently in the midst of cuddling up to Ella in the recliner under a blanket. "You want a drink Gabby?" Gabby then looked up at me and smiled. "Just some water please. We forgot our water bottles again." I nodded and agreed before going to grab a glass from Antonio's cupboard when I saw something I wasn't expecting. "Antonio, what the heck is this?" I then went to take out a bottle of whisky.

Showing it to him, I then stood back and showed it to both Sylvie and Gabby. Staring at him, we all waited for his response.