Chapter 242

Matt's POV:
As I sit in the common room with my niece Hannah in my arms, I smiled as I thought about how much she looked like Ella right now. "God, is it weird that I am pretty much in love with your daughter almost as much as that little girl of mine you are holding?" Sylvie then looked at me and smiled. "This is still so weird to me. I mean, where we are...exes who are married to siblings and holding each other's daughters." I laughed when she said that and smiled. "Hey, but it all worked out. And by the way, I'm still waiting for my thank you for getting you and Antonio back together." Sylvie then stared at me. "Excuse me? What you talking about?"

I laughed. "Oh, be realistic Sylvie. Had Gabby not gotten pregnant with Matteo and came back here to Chicago...you would've never jumped back into bed with Antonio and then gotten pregnant with Theo...and then Hannah." Sylvie laughed and shrugged. "You are probably right." I smiled and agreed with her before turning to look at Mouch. "He still all good in your arms there Mouch?" Mouch then got nervous. "Okay Hermann, take over. I am starting to get nervous." Hermann laughed and went to check how long. "Shit, you beat the bet."

I then stared at him. "Has it been over 5 minutes?" Hermann then nodded. "10 minutes." I smiled when he said that. "Then cough it up Hermann. That's 40 bucks." Mouch was confused. "He bet 20 bucks you wouldn't last 5 minutes. I bet him the same if you beat it. And we agreed to double it if you make it past 10 minutes. Basically, we added 20 for every 5 minutes." Hermann then got up and went to grab Wallie before going to give me the 40 dollars. "Thanks, that's going right towards a date night. So thank you very much Hermann." He laughed and agreed.

That's when I saw Antonio come out. "Matt, you are needed in your office." I got nervous when he said that. "Gabby okay? Is she emotional?" Antonio then shook his head. "Legal stuff you need to sign re: Ramon." I then sighed and agreed. "Wait, you got it approved?" Antonio nodded. "Just give me my daughter and then you can go read it with Gabby. You can hold her again after. Can we stay for a bit? Sylvie has been dying to get out of the house." I nodded and agreed. "For sure. Gabby already talk to you about..." Antonio nodded. "I won't say anything."

"Thanks, I'll be right back." Getting up and walking away to me and Gabby's bedroom office, I was ready to go talk to her both about her conversation with Antonio and the new protection we were going to get from Gabby's father.

Gabby's POV:
As I read through the new protection order, I smiled when I went to grab a pen to sign it when I saw Matt come in. "That the protection order that Antonio got us?" Looking up at him, I nodded. "Yeah. By the way, come here." Matt then went to close the door before looking at me. "You okay?" I nodded and went to hug him before kissing him softly. "Thanks for bringing Antonio here. It's exactly what I needed." Matt smiled when he went to sit down with me. "By the way, did I hear Hermann out there?"

Matt nodded. "He says that he would rather be here so that he doesn't get sick. Apparently, all the kids have a cold. He's scared that Cindy will get sick so...he's staying out in case she does." I nodded and agreed. "You aren't going to do that are you?" Matt shook his head. "Of course not. I know based on what we talked about over the past 24 hours that would just be punishing you and would basically be torture. I love you too much to torture you that way." Going to grab my hand, Matt then intertwined our fingers when I saw he had his silver wedding band on.

"You're wearing the silver band? I thought you were going to wear the silicone one that is better around fires?" Matt then shook his head. "Gabby, I am not going into the fires. So, I am wearing this one. Now, about what I just mentioned. Gabby, you don't have to worry about that okay? I am always going to be with you if any of the kids are sick. I can do that because I am chief. I can get someone to cover for me. I promise." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that before kissing him softly. "I love you Matt and I am glad we are in this together."

Matt nodded and smiled when I said that. "Now, let's look at his order and then we can head back out there okay?" I agreed and then went to open the order. As we read it, I could tell that this was going to be perfect. It was exactly what we needed. Rubbing my back, Matt could tell I was a lot less stressed after reading the order. "This is good. I think it's enough because it doesn't just cover our home but, it also covers the Firehouse." I smiled and agreed with him while grabbing his hand. "Can you put this somewhere safe and then come join me out...."

That's when we heard the bells go off. "Truck 81, Engine 51, Squad 3, Ambo 61. Residential fire at 1932 North Burling" I then got up and went to look at Matt. Kissing him quickly, I smiled. "Stay safe. See you soon." He nodded and agreed with me before running off with the rest of the firehouse.