Chapter 209

An hour later, after Matt and Gabby wake up from their nap:
Matt's POV:
After spending the past hour and a half sleeping in bed, I decided to get up and go check on Matteo while Gabby stayed in bed. "You think he'll feel any better?" Putting my shirt and pants back on, I looked at her and shrugged. "Depends on how bad he felt earlier. I mean, he was burning up. He had soup and slept. That's all we could do. But now, he should be better." Gabby nodded and agreed. "If not, can you bring him up here and he can sleep with us tonight?" I nodded and agreed. "Of course. I know you want him near us when he's sick."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Are we going to eat supper up here too? Because we have that stuff from Molly's." I nodded and agreed. "How about you feed the babies and I will go get Matteo? Then, I'll go downstairs and grab supper for the two of us." Gabby nodded and smiled as I prepared to leave the bedroom when I saw Matteo come upstairs in his PJs and carrying his blankie. "Hey little man. You okay?" I then went to get on my knees and looked at him. He then shook his head before cuddling up to me. "Can I sleep in here tonight daddy?"

Turning to look at Gabby, I decided to make sure she meant what she just said about him sleeping in here tonight. Knowing that was me asking when I looked at her, she nodded and smiled. "Of course. And tomorrow we can just relax up here with all the kids." I smiled and agreed with her. "Does that mean I have to sleep in my PJs?" Gabby shook her head. "No, he's seen you in boxers. But listen Matteo, come here and you can cuddle up to mommy while your dad goes to get some supper for us." Matteo nodded and agreed as he went to get in bed.

Cuddling up to Gabby, Matteo then went to lay down close to her under the covers. Wrapping her arm around him and running her fingers through his hair, Gabby kissed his forehead while holding him close. Deciding to walk over to them before going downstairs, I then looked at Gabby. "Here, how about you slip over and I can hold Matteo for a bit?" Gabby then looked up at me. "There's food downstairs. Just go grab it. Please Matt, just do it. Then you can stay up here for the rest night." I agreed and nodded before bending down to kiss her.

"Move to the center of the bed though okay? We are both going to hold him close and I don't like sitting on the edge of the bed when we are both in bed with him." Gabby nodded and agreed as she moved towards the center of the bed. "Come here and relax with me Matteo. Daddy is going to go get us some supper okay?" I nodded and agreed. "Am I going to grab the stuff we got for him from Molly's?" Gabby thought about it and nodded. "He needs to at least try and eat something with protein." I smiled and nodded. "Rib sauce up here though?"

Gabby then bit her lip. "You know what, sure thing. If he sleeps up here...then we are going to need to clean the sheets anyways. Plus, they are not white so that's fine." I agreed and smiled. "One salad and some ribs from Molly's coming right up." Gabby smiled and agreed as I went to walk downstairs so that I could get us some supper.

Gabby's POV:
Once Matt left to go get us some supper, I smiled as I looked at Matteo as he laid down close to me. "Someone isn't feeling good are they buddy?" Matteo then shook his head as I kissed his forehead. "Did you at least sleep for a while?" Matteo nodded. "Well tonight you are tonight to sleep here, I promise. You can sleep on my side of the bed while I cuddle up to daddy." Matteo then looked at me and smiled. "I like that idea."

I smiled when ie said that and went to run his fingers through his hair. Kissing his head, I then felt him lay down on me. "Or you can sleep on me like that. I am positive that daddy will be okay if we go one night without holding each other close." Rubbing his back, we both laughed when I said that. "But I am not sure if I want to. You know, I like cuddling up to my guys right buddy? You are my little boy but daddy is the man I love."

Matteo nodded and agreed when he went to get up. "Potty." I nodded and agreed. "Over there buddy." He then went to get up and ran away to the washroom to go to the potty. I then smiled, just hoping that he didn't miss. That's when I decided to get up and went to check on how he did.