Chapter 216

Matt's POV: Once I finished work and calling Antonio, I walked over to the kitchen to see that Gabby was making some pancakes for us. Smiling since Matteo hadn't come downstairs yet, I decided to go and stand behind her before putting my hands on her legs and kissing her head. Smiling when I did that, Gabby put her hand on mine and went to rub it. "Why must you do stuff like that? You know it makes me blush and makes me feel so happy." I laughed and smiled when she said that before turning her around. "Because I want to see you smile all the time."

Gabby smiled when I said that before putting her hand on my chest. "You call Antonio?" I nodded and smiled at her. "He can't do anything. Sylvie is still on bedrest after giving birth. Apparently, he forgot to mention that she had a C-Section and there was complications." Gabby then got worried. "Is Sylvie okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, but she's on bedrest until the end of the month. I said that we would go over on the 15th okay?" Gabby looked at me and nodded. "That makes sense. Then, what do you want to do?" I thought about it and sighed. "Stay home?"

Gabby laughed when I said that. "You mean like we always do when you aren't working?" I nodded and agreed with her. "I don't want to push you too far. It's why I understood that Antonio wants to stay home right now. Remember Gabby, Sylvie isn't the only one who just gave birth in this family. Wally is a month old tomorrow." Gabby nodded and agreed. "And you are going to be working on his 1-month birthday." I nodded and agreed. "That reminds me, I left him in the office." Gabby laughed and agreed when she saw Matteo come downstairs.

"I will go get him okay? Matteo just came downstairs. Can you watch the food? I am almost done the first round of pancakes?" Gabby then went to kiss my cheek before walking away to the office. Turning to look at Matteo, I smiled at him. "Hey buddy. How did you sleep?" I then bent down and went to put my arms out. Matteo then walked over to me and went to hug me. "Happy birthday papa." I smiled when he said that before picking him up. I then went to kiss his cheek. "Did mama tell you to say that?" Matteo nodded and smiled. "We have cake later?"

I then shook my head. "Daddy already had birthday cake. Remember, at the firehouse?" Matteo nodded and agreed as he just wrapped his arms around me. "What do you say today we go for a drive around Chicago?" Matteo then thought about it and shook his head. "I want to go swimming." I laughed when he said that. "But, it's too cold buddy." Gabby then looked at me while walking back in with Wally and Ella in her arms. "Well, there is always the YMCA." I thought about it. "Isn't that basically the same as the problem we had with that trip?"

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Then how about this? Let me call Severide and Stella. We can invite them over? That way we can see Stephen more and hang out. You haven't spent a birthday with Severide in 2 years." I laughed. "Well, I am going to spend it with him tomorrow." Gabby then sighed. "You know what I mean. Anyways, I can always use some girl time." I agreed and smiled at Matteo. "What do you say Matteo? Want some time with uncle Severide today?" Matteo nodded and smiled. "Yes please!"

I smiled and went to kiss his head. "How about we go sit in the living room Matteo or are the pancakes ready?" Gabby then looked at me. "They're ready. Let me just put the kids down and then we can eat." Walking over to the living room, Gabby went to put Ella and Wally down in their seats. While she was doing that, I decided to put some pancakes on her plate for her. "Gabby, just go sit down okay? I got this. I don't care that we are celebrating my birthday today. I am going to help you because you are recovering. However, I am having coffee."

Gabby then looked at me. "Excuse me?" I then sighed. "I mean, can I have coffee? Birthday?" Gabby then shook my head. "Not a chance. You promised solidarity. And I am not letting you slip for a day." I agreed and nodded while carrying over her and Matteo's plates of pancakes. "Sorry." I then bent down and went to kiss her softly. "Love you." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Love you too. Now, get your food so we can eat. Then we can call Severide and Stella to see if they want to come over for your birthday." I nodded and agreed as I went to sit down for breakfast.