Chapter 239

Matt's POV:
Once I finished in the washroom, I sighed when I saw that Gabby's meds haven't been taken yet. That's when I felt Gabby walk up to me to brush her teeth. "Hey, I am going to eat at the firehouse. We are running out of time. I already brought all of our things downstairs. We just need to load up the car and then we can leave." I then sighed and went to give her medicine container to her. "Gabby, this explains this morning." Gabby then went to see that her pill box still had her medicine in them before sighing. "Matt, I am so sorry. I thought I took them." I nodded and understood before turning her around to sshe was looking at me. "Hey, come here and look at me." Stepping close to me, I felt Gabby put her hand on my chest.

"Gabby, you need to take these in the morning so that doesn't happen. Babe, I was scared and I was wracking my brain with stuff I could say to make you feel better when instead...I could've been reading e-mails ahead of time. Now, I need to do it when I am at the firehouse which means I can't spend as much time with the kids...which is the whole point of us bringing them to the firehouse. Babe, please promise me that you are going to start taking them consistently." Gabby nodded and agreed as she went to take them before putting them in her bag. Stepping close to me again, she then wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry for yelling at you okay? I am just scared and worried about you. I always will be even when I am the firehouse chief."

Gabby smiled when I said that before leaning up to kiss me softly. "And I will always be worried about you. However, I still mean it. I think we should get Matteo tested and I am not sure if I am ever going to really be ready to go back to work. We have 3 kids Matt. I am not sure if I want to go back to work. Is that okay with you?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Gabby, as chief...I am going to be devastated to see you permanently leave my firehouse. But as your husband, I understand and couldn't be more supportive. Babe, I want what's best for you and I know that you struggled being away from Matteo when we first went back to work after him. I know it'll be even harder now that your diagnosis is worse. Please Gabby, don't feel obligated to work. I got us covered."

Gabby smiled when I said that before stepping close to me once again, kissing me slowly as I moved my hands to her arms and just kissed her slowly. "Listen, as much as I want to do this...we need to get going so we aren't late." Gabby smiled and nodded. "Your loss." I then agreed before going to grab my toothbrush to brush my teeth. "Remember to pack your medicine." Gabby nodded and agreed as just went to brush my teeth before deciding to tease her by grabbing her butt through her tight dress and squeezing it. Gabby then turned to look at me. "Matt!" I then smirked and laughed as I kept brushing my teeth. "Hey, you are wearing a tight dress on my birthday and I can't take it off. Serves you right for teasing me." I then went to spit out the toothpaste before going to grab my razor. Shaving a bit, I smiled at my clean face.

Gabby then smiled as she went to spit when she saw Stella in the mirror. "Hey girl, you okay?" Gabby then nodded as she looked at me. "Can you go make me a bagel for the road? I know they brought breakfast but...I can have brunch." I nodded and agreed as I went to stand behind her. I then kissed her head and smiled. "Tell her okay? Maybe convince her to stay where she is for me?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she watched me walk away before going back to getting ready to go. Meanwhile, Stella walked in confused. "What was all that about?"

Gabby's POV:
When Stella asked me what all this was about, I turned to look at her and sighed while grabbing my meds. "I forgot to take my meds this morning and had a mini-freak out full of emotions. However, me and Matt made a decision I am not sure you are going to support. But, I need you to for my sanity." Stella then walked up to me, confused. "What's the decision girl?" I sighed and then looked at her. "I am quitting 51 and ambo 61." Stella was shocked when I said that. "What? Girl, you just got back and you are quitting!" I sighed and looked at her. "Girl, I have anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. And I am worried my kid has special needs. I think he does. I can't work with 3 kids...especially not if one has special needs. And right now, I am not in a space where I can work."

Stella agreed and nodded as she came to hug me. Rubbing my back, I could tell that she felt bad for me. "Girl, I understand. And so will the house and the CFD. Girl, don't worry about it and do what's best for you. Gabby we all love you and have understood for years that you need to do things your way. And if you just being at the firehouse but not working there is what you need to do to stay sane...then you are going to do that. Now, let's go downstairs and get to the firehouse so you can tell everybody. And I swear, if anybody questions your decision....they are going to have to deal with their Chief and me." I nodded and agreed as I went to grab my bathroom bag. Carrying it out to my big bag, I went to put it in there before grabbing it so we could go downstairs and leave.

NOTE: I am skipping to when they are at the firehouse next chapter. Don't have ideas for in between this scene and when they arrive at the firehouse.