Chapter 267

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that she was reconsidering her opposition to sending Matteo to preschool, I was a little shocked. She said she wasn't ready to do that yet. But, hearing her say that just makes me so happy because it is such a relief. Going to grab her hand, I smiled at her. "What made you change your mind?" Gabby then looked at me. "Just how busy he is getting and how I just feel like he's lonely without friends. I don't want him to feel that way. He has been so protected until now...he doesn't have many friends his age and I don't like that. And most of his friends are just our friends' kids. That is not fair to him. He needs to learn how to make friends."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Do you want to get him tested for Anxiety and stuff before or after we start sending him to preschool? Because if you want to get him tested...I would prefer we do it before we send him so we can start him on medication. Then, he isn't that hard on the people who are going to give us a big hand. Who knows, maybe we might send Ella and Wally there eventually when Matteo is in elementary school. Don't want to have a bad reputation with the daycare of having kids who are hard to handle." Gabby nodded and understood. "I want us to do our research okay? And I want to get him into a specialist, maybe even a therapist."

I sighed when she said that. "You sure that isn't too much Gabby? I mean, we are talking about our 16 month old son. It's not like he's 3 1/2 years old and going into school next year." Gabby then looked at me and sighed. "Matt, it would be one thing if he were going to be into school next year. But, to have him being only 16 months old plus us having 2 other kids at home...you don't see it Matt but, it gets hard when it's just me. And even if you just took the three kids for a night to give me a girls night...it still wouldn't be the same because you don't deal with stuff the same way I do. You know, since I have mental health problems?"

I looked at her and nodded. "Gabby, you know that I am trying to understand the best I can right? It's just...I am never going to fully understand what you deal with on a daily basis. But, you can let me in and try and explain it to me as much as you can okay? And I promise to listen and try and understand. Maybe sympathize with you isn't the right word but...do something similar to that." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I get what you mean. You want to understand what it's like to live in my shoes but, you are never going to be able to fully because of the fact that your brain isn't wired the same way mine is."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "And I am so glad that you understand that Matt. And I am so glad that you are paying attention to all these details. But honestly, that's all you have to do. I don't want you to get into too many of the details because you are far too busy to have to worry about this." I sighed when she said that. "Listen, this isn't the place to talk about this but...can we continue this upstairs when we are done dinner? I want to talk about what you just said because we both know that isn't the truth. Gabby, I am your husband and I am here to help you in whatever way I can."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me as we both continued to look at our menus before supper.

NOTE: I am running out of ideas so, I am just going to pick up after supper. Sorry. Hope you understand the skipping. I promise, this is the last skip for a while.

Chief Casey Season 2: Balancing Work, Family and Friendshipsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें