Chapter 272

Gabby's POV: When Matt suggested that one of our moms move in with us to help me take care of the kids, I thought he was joking. "Wait, are you being serious? We already spoke about this when you first took the job. What's changed?" Matt sighed as he went to grab my hand and then intertwined out fingers. "What's changed is my realization that you are struggling with all of this more than you are letting on. Babe, you have to admit that you get overwhelmed sometimes." I nodded and agreed with him sometimes. "Like, all the time to be honest with you. It's why I bring the kids to the firehouse when you have shift." Matt smiled and went to kiss me softly.

"Then, if you want...we can invite one of our moms to join us. Gabby, I don't want you to have to come to the firehouse if you don't want to. Would I love you to be there as much as possible with Matteo? Of course. But, not if it's because you are overwhelmed with the task that we have decided to take on us. And the task that you wourself have taken on. Babe, you have to admit at times that you must feel like you are in this alone sometimes." I sighed when he said that because that was true. There were sometimes where I felt like I was doing this alone. I just hated to admit it because that would mean that Matt isn't helping at all but...he is helping a lot.

Looking at him, I went to rub his cheek and then sighed. "Matt, I want to just make sure you know that you are a great dad and I promise...you are doing the best you can under the circumstances and that's all that matters. And you are a big help when I am overwhelmed. However, yes...there are times where I feel like am alone in this. I mean, I take care of all the kids a majority of the time. And that actually is something that worries me. Sure, Matteo isn't as much of a worry to me but...what if something bad happened. The babies wouldn't have any memories of you. I mea, not that I don't trust you are going to be really safe."

Matt nodded and understood. "Hey, I understand what you are trying to say, no need to explain okay?" I nodded and understood what he was saying. I then moved to kiss him again before laying my head down on his shoulder when I saw that Ella was done feeding. Moving to start burping her, I smiled as I just rubbed her back and held her close. "You know, this feels really nice. Me holding Ella for once and just burping her. I think I might make sure that I am the one that does it while we are here at the hotel okay Matt? I need to bond with her as well." Turning to look at me, Matt then sighed. "Do you feel like you haven't bonded enough with her?"

Thinking about it, I sighed while looking at Matt. "Matt, as much as I hate to say it...I do feel like you have been spending so much more time bonding with her than I have. Sure, I feed her a lot and stuff but...it's not the same when it comes to me just holding her, admiring her little features and holding her close to me. Do you understand that a bit?" Matt nodded and smiled at me. "Of course I do Gabby." I nodded when he said that and smiled. "Maybe for a while, we should switch who we take care of the most. You get some guy time with Wally. Meanwhile, I can get some girl time with Ella. I mean, while we are here at the hotel at least."

Thinking about it, Matt smiled and agreed with me. "Deal. However, I still get to cuddle to that little girl of mine sometimes. You get to feed her but, she's still my little daddy's girl. Always will be and you can't take that away from me." I laughed when he said that and nodded. "Oh, I don't think I am ever going to be able to take it away from you considering Ella already has you wrapped around her finger. It's just the boys and me. I find that they can easily get whatever they want from me just by looding ridiculously cute. Well, it's always been that way with Matteo. But, that might just be because he is our firstborn."

Matt nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Oh definitely, you are a sucker for those gorgeous blue eyes of his. Just like you are a sucker for my gorgeous blue eyes. Or so, i've heard from way back when." I was confused when he said that. "Who told you that?" Matt smiled and then laughed a bit. 'Shay, when we first went shopping for you engagement ring. We told me about how long you've been in love with me and how happy you were going to be that I decided to propose." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "If only it didn't happen right before she died." I nodded and agreed. "At least she got to see me on bended knee."

I smiled when he said that. "That's true. However, just be glad that I never accepted that proposal." Matt seemed confused when I said that. "What?" I stared at him. "You know how protective Antonio is of me. Imagine the conversation you would've had to have with him had you proposed to me without getting either his or my dad's blessing. And don't lie that you got it the first time around because I know you didn't. You only did it afterwards, right before you proposed at the fire academy." Matt nodded as he smiled at me. "Honestly, if I had to propose to you all over again...I would've done it there again. That way Boden, Shay and Ottis would've been there because their badges are all there."

Thinking about it, I smiled when Matt said that because it was so true. "However, you are never going to have to propose to me again because we are not divorcing. Ever." Matt smiled and agreed with me as he kissed me softly. "Listen, how about we keep feeding these two little ones. Then we can get ready for bed. No offence but, as much as I love just talking to you like this...I am starting to get tired. Do you mind if we head to bed after we finish feeding and burping the kids or would you rather stay up and watch TV for a little bit?" Thinking about it, I turned to look at him and smiled. "I like the last idea the best."

Matt nodded. "What if we forget to turn the TV off?" I then smiled at him again. "Who cares? Not like we are paying the power bill here. Now listen, finish feeding Wally. I am going to put her in her crib and then go brush my teeth." Matt nodded and agreed when I said that. "I will be right inw hen he's done. Oh by the way, think you can sleep with your bra off tonight? I like the sight of it." I smirked when he asked me that and then went to kiss him softly. "Sure thing." Getting up, I then went to put Ella in her crib before making my way to the bathroom so that I could brush my teeth and get ready for bed.