Chapter 249

Matt's POV: Once me and the family grabbed some pizza, I smiled as I went to sit with them all at the table. Looking at Gabby, I just shook my head while I grabbed her hand. "Why must you be so amazing?" Gabby smiled when I said that before going to rub my hand. "Because I am your wife. You always think that I am amazing." I nodded and agreed with her while going to intertwine our fingers. I then turned to look at everybody else and smiled. I then remembered that I wanted to mention something to Hermann and Kelly. "Hey captains."

They then both turned to look at me. "You guys get the new CFD-CPD joint template to use?" They both nodded and agreed. "By the way, that was a good way to get both of our attention." I laughed and agreed. "I know, it's why I used the word Captains...as in plural." I then saw Stella and Noah come in from an ambo run. Severide smiled when he saw her. "Stella, there's pizza in the box. I made sure to grab a couple slices and reserve them for you." Stella nodded and agreed. "Thanks. You are still not getting anything tonight."

Gabby then turned to look at Stella. "Okay, may I remind you that there are children in the room!" I then smirked at Severide. "Yeah, and I am looking at the biggest one of them all." Gabby then looked to see who I was looking at and smiled as she wrapped her arm around mine. Severide then looked at me and shook his head. "Shut up man. You are just as big of a kid as I am. Last time I checked, you played with the sirens every time you got into the truck you are not supposed to ride in because of your lungs." I nodded and agreed. "For Matteo."

Everybody then turned to look at me and just stared at me. "Yeah sure." I laughed and smiled when I felt Gabby grab my hand. "By the way Matt, I know you want Matteo here but..what if your mom took him for a while?" I then shook my head. "Gabby, I would rather keep him here because I want to watch him for signs of you know what. Plus, we still need to announce our news to the rest of the house." Everybody then turned to look at us both. Speaking in a chorus, I the entire firehouse seemed to be thinking the same thing. "Are you guys expecting a 4th kid?" 

I then shook my head when they asked me that. "Nope. I can't have kids anymore. I already got what Hermann got a few years ago. And let me just say...that walking he did when he got it, it wasn't fake." Hermann laughed and agreed as he looked at me. "It hurts eh?" I nodded. "Dang it did. But what we are actually talking about is some news that Gabby has for the house. You want to share it with them Gabby?" Gabby nodded and agreed before looking at them. "Guys, I just want to say that this is not an easy decision to make and it's nothing personal."

Everybody then listened to her. "But, I am announcing that I am not returning to Firehouse 51." Severide then looked at me. "God, did that really happen again? Are they banning you guys from working at the same house?" I was about to answer when Gabby continued. "No, I mean like I am not returning to work at all. I am going to be a stay-at-home mom. However, I am going to be here at the firehouse all the time with the kids. Matt wants to see them as much as he can and I like the idea of being here on your shifts. So, we are here with your guys all the time."

My mom then looked at Gabby. "Gabby, if it's the kids you are worried about...I am more than happy to help out. I don't want you to have to quit because of them." Gabby then shook her head. "It's not that. It's the fact that...there has been something I have been hiding from some of you. Something not even you know Nancy is that I have OCD and Anxiety. I have been dealing with it and I am officially diagnosed. I take medicine for it all." Everybody nodded and agreed. "Now, the reason I am not coming back is because..." Gabby then looked at me. "We right?"

I nodded. "Yes, I believe it too." Gabby smiled as she went to kiss me softly. "We believe that Matteo has OCD and Anxiety as well. He has been showing signs of it and...I just don't feel comfortable working when we first of all have 3 kids. But, to have 3 kids with one of them being a special needs kid....I just can't work when that is happening. Having Anxiety myself, it would just make my life a living hell while I am working here. So, it's nothing to do with you guys. I just hope you can all understand my decision. You do right?" Gabby then turned to look at everybody, waiting for a response from them all.