Chapter 199

Matt's POV: After having lunch together as a family, I was now in the middle of making my way upstairs with Ella since she had to take a nap. "Oh c'mon princess, you need to take a nap before uncle Tonio comes to visits." I then walked into me and Gabby's room to see her there with Wally. "She's being a brat right now isn't she?" I laughed and agreed as I went to lay her down on the changing table. "No, she's being a diva. I prefer that tittle. My princess will never be a brat in my opinion." Looking down at her, I then went to kiss her cheek softly. "You're tired eh Ella?"

Ella then nodded as I went to get up. Going to grab a new diaper as well as some PJs, I looked at Gabby. "We changing their diapers and PJs right?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Honestly, I think I am going to change into some sweats. I thought I wanted to show off that I am loosing weight but this is just getting a bit uncomfortable." I nodded while going to get Ella changed. Checking her diaper, I saw it was dirty. "Oh little lady, you really like to mkae messes don't you?" I then went to clean her while putting the diaper in the trash we had in there. "That was gross."

Gabby then turned to look at me. "Just be glad it wasn't a blowout." I laughed. "Like last night?" Gabby then sighed. "I want to figure out why that happens. If it's something she's eating..." I then shook my head. "Gabby, she's just drinking your breastmilk right now. We are not going down that rabbit hole okay? We are not changing the fact that you are breastfeeding. Gabby, we both know you regretted stopping with Matteo so soon to go back to work. Now's your change to go as long as you want with the babies." Gabby smiled and agreed with me.

Setting Wally down in his crib, she then went to tug his blanket over him before walking over to me. Wrapping her arms around mine, she smiled. "Think we can take a minute to just take a breather before we head back downstairs?" I nodded and smiled at her. "Hey, of course. Just lay down on the bed and I will come to join you." Gabby smiled and then went to kiss my cheek. "Just need to lay down. Sitting up is hard sometimes." I then agreed as she went to get in bed. "You can take a nap if you want. I got Matteo with my mom and sister's help downstairs."

Gabby then agreed as she went to get in bed so she could rest. Picking Ella up in my arms, I then carried her over to her crib. "C'mon little miss, let's put you in bed." Walking over to her crib, I then went to lay her down in bed before smiling at her. "You just rest okay baby girl?" I then went to turn on her baby monitor before going to check that Wally's baby monitor was on. Once I turned it on, I walked over to Gabby and moved to lay down next to her under the covers. Getting close to me, Gabby put her hand on my chest while cuddling up to my side.

Kissing the top of her head, I smiled as we held each other close and just took a moment to concentrate on each other. "You look really tired Gabby. You sure you are okay with all this? If you want to rest, I understand and we can just move up here for the rest of the day. Severide will understand Gabby, he can come over tomorrow instead?" Gabby then shook her head. "No, I want to see baby Stephen." I then sighed as I went to kiss her head. "Gabby, you've already seen him twice in the past week. Think about yourself okay babe? Think about your health."

Gabby sighed when I said that and nodded. "Can you text Severide when you go back downstairs and tell him we changed our mind? I am going to stay here. But you go spend time with your mom and sister until Matteo has to go down. Just wait until he's tired to put him. Then he'll stay asleep longer." I nodded and agreed before going to kiss her softly. "You just rest okay? We'll do a movie day after you take a nap." Gabby nodded and agreed as she kissed me one last time. "See you later." I then agreed and smiled as I got up. "I'm just downstairs."

She agreed and smiled at me as I went to check on the babies one last time. "Tell your mom and sister I said goodbye okay? I forgot to." Standing at the door before turning to look at her, I nodded. "For sure. They'll understand...I promise." She agreed when I said that before smiling. "See you later." I smiled as I waved to her before going to make my way back downstairs after putting the babies (and Gabby) down for a nap.