Chapter 312

Matt's POV: After talking to Antonio, I felt a lot more confident heading upstairs to talk to Gabby. I just hoped that I could calm things down between us because this is not how I want to spend our Valentine's Day. Walking up to the door, I went to knock on it while looking at Gabby as she sat in bed reading on her iPad. "This a bad time to talk or am I okay to come in?" Gabby then looked at me and sighed. "Chief work?" I then shook my head while walking in. "Chief work can wait, you can't. Last time I checked, I was married to you....not my job."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Good, because I do not like the idea of sleeping with a married man. Unless he's my husband." I smiled when she said that before sit with her in bed. Leaning over her, I went to kiss her softly and smiled. "I love you. But listen, I don't want to talk to you more than you need to talk to me. So, you start and we can talk this out until you are okay. I find if I start conversations, you think of other things you want to talk about but...we don't need to." Gabby nodded and agreed with me (somewhat). "Hey, you married OCD"

I bit my lip. "I married someone with OCD. I didn't marry OCD. Gabby, I married you...the mother of my children, the sweet, loving, caring woman who stole my heart years ago and still makes my heart skip a beat whenever I look at you." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Nice way to be mushy gushy today. Valentine's day brings that out of you and I like it." I smiled and nodded when she said that. Deciding that I wasn't leaving for a bit, I decided to get up and take my phone out of my pocket. "Where are you going?" I smiled at her. "Nowhere. Get under."

Gabby nodded and agreed, knowing what I meant when I said that. Joining me under the covers, I smiled as I went to lay down on my back and watched as Gabby crawled over to me. Moving to lay down on my chest, Gabby smiled as she cuddled up to me. I then went to put my hand on her back while I kissed her head and tugged the covers up. "We past what we were fighting about or do you need to talk about it more?" Gabby shook her head and then smiled as she laid her head down on my shoulder. "Can we just stay here for the rest of the day?"

I nodded in agreement as I went to kiss her shoulder and then turned my head to kiss her softly. Looking into my eyes, Gabby got the hind and went to start kissing me while I wrapped my arm around her back. Taking it slow with her, I smiled. "I love you Gabriela Casey." Gabby smiled when I said that. "And I love you Matthew Casey." I then looked at her and smiled. "And that's who I promise to always be here form now on okay? To tell you the truth, I didn't really work while I was down there. I looked up some stuff and I just couldn't work today."

Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Can we make a deal that here, we are just parents, husband and wife? Let's not bring work home." I nodded and smiled when she said that before kissing her head. "What I did look up though was how to legally change Gabriel's name. I have the forms downstairs on my desk. I am not going to get them though because I am much too comfortable to go anywhere." Gabby laughed when I said that and smiled before going to roll over off my chest and laying down next to me. I then brought her close to me again.

Looking at her, I smiled as I went to grab her hand. "You know that I love you right? Even when we are fighting. And I am always going to be here for you." Gabby nodded and smiled as she rubbed my hand. "I guess sometimes...I just get scared." I was confused when she said that. "What are you talking about Gabby?" Gabby then sighed. "Everything is going so great right now. The kids are healthy, our marriage is healthy and everything is just great. But...in the past, at least when we were in Chicago...our relationships never made it long here."

I nodded because I knew what she mean. "Gabby, you have nothing to worry about okay? I am your husband today, tomorrow and forever. And you can ask me that every day for the rest of our lives....you will always get the same answer. Remember, I let you go once and I was miserable. Now, we have our dream life. Believe me, I will give up whatever is bothering you in our life to give you our dream life before I ever let you go again." Gabby laughed when I said that before nodding as she moved close to me again. Leaning down to kiss her, I smiled while holding her. At least, until Matteo knocked on our door. "Papa?"

Turning to look at him, I smiled before looking at Gabby. She then nodded as I went to get up. "Hey buddy, how was your nap?" I then went to pick him up and smiled as I went to kiss his head. "Daddy's done work. So that means...it's play time." I then went to tickle him as I carried him to our bed. Laying him down, I smiled as I got on next to him. Matteo laughed uncontrolably and I smiled as I continued to tickle him. "Papa, stop..." I smiled and went to stop before looking at him. "Gabby, you should go get a snack for yourself okay?" Gabby looked at me confused. "Why?" I then smiled at her. "Let's just say that his supper time is earlier than ours."

Gabby nodded and agreed when I said that. "You cooking for me?" I nodded and smiled. "I don't care if we celebrate Valentine's Day at the hotel. I am counting that more as my birthday celebration. Tonight, you are getting Valentine's Day with love from me. Wine, cuddling by the fire and everything. Make sure you pump though please." Gabby smiled and nodded as she got up. "Want a bar too?" I nodded and agreed as she walked around the bed before going to rub my back and then kissed me softly. "I love you."

I smiled when she said that. "I love you too." Gabby then went to walk away to go grab a snack.