Chapter 342

Matt's POV: After bringing our plates downstairs, I smiled as I came upstairs to see that Matteo was not on the bed. I then noticed that Gabby wasn't there either. "Gabby? Matteo?" That's when I heard the water running and smiled as I made my way into the bathroom. "I thought I was going to be the one that gives him a bath considering he wants more time with me." Gabby then smiled. "You are. I just started the process. Just leave it filled after okay? I am going to take a bath when he's done. I have my bubbles on the side. Can you add some and heat it up more?" I nodded and agreed as she got up. Seeing her step close to me, I smiled as I grabbed her hand. "Of course I can. Now, go relax for a little bit and let me take care of Matteo."

Gabby smiled when I said that before stepping close to me and giving me a quick kiss. She then walked away and went to go make her way back to bed where the babies were currently resting. Looking down at Matteo, I smiled when I saw that he was already starting to take his shirt off. "Here bud, let me help you so that this doesn't get wet. You have to wear it again when you are done in the bath. Plus, we don't want to get mommy and daddy's bed wet now do we?" Matteo then shook his head as I went to help him get undressed, tickling him in the process.

Matteo laughed when I did that and smiled. "Papa, stop!" I then went to stop when I saw the water was ready. I then went to pick Matteo up and smiled as I went to put him in the bath. Sitting down next to the bath, I went to grab the soap and smiled as I looked at him. "You have a good day today buddy?" Matteo nodded and smiled at me as he grabbed one of the toys we had in there for him. Grabbing the cloth, I smiled as I went to wash his face quickly. I was just glad he was such a trooper when it came to that. "Listen bud, I just want to remind you of this again. Just because daddy has to work doesn't mean he doesn't love you and wants to be with you."

Matteo nodded when I said that before looking at me. "Listen...so tomorrow, daddy is going to drive you to uncle Tonio's. So, you are going to have to say goodbye to mommy before we leave. She is going to come to the firehouse a bit later." Matteo nodded and smiled at me. "I get to ride in the cool car?" I laughed and agreed. "Yeah, you do. The one with the big computer in it." Matteo liked the sound of that and smiled. "Thanks papa." I smiled when he said that before going to grab some water to splash him a bit. He then went to do it too when I stopped him. "No, I was doing it because I can control myself. You can't." Matteo nodded and understood.

I then got up and went to grab a little bit of shampoo for him. Rubbing it on my hands, I bent back down again and went to was his hair. "Listen, you stay there for a bit okay buddy? Have a bit of fun while daddy brushes his teeth." Matteo nodded and agreed as he grabbed some of his toys. Meanwhile, I walked over to the counter to brush my teeth. Seeing Gabby come in, I smiled as I went to stand behind her. "I told Matteo about our plans for me to drive him to Antonio's and you coming in later. He likes the idea." Putting my hands on her hips, I smiled at her.

Gabby then turned to look at Matteo and smiled. "You do Matteo?" Matteo nodded. "Cool car." Gabby smiled when he said that before feeling me wrap my arms around her. Kissing her head, I smiled as I went to whisper into her ear. "I want you to stay back for a bit. I am going to leave at my normal time but...you sleep in and wake up when the babies have waken up for good. Are you okay to take care of them on your own or would you rather not?" Gabby then looked up at me. "Matt, I'll be fine. I promise. They are easy since they are still so young." I nodded and agreed. "Any problems, I promise that I will come home right away." Kissing her cheek, I smiled.

Turning around in my arms, Gabby smiled as she wrapped her arms around me. "You are to good for me." I smiled when she said that and nodded as I held her close. Rubbing her arms, I went to grab my toothbrush while starting to brush my teeth so that we could get Matteo to bed and then get in bed ourselves. I didn't know about her but, I was pretty tired. "How about you take care of Matteo while I finish brushing my teeth." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going to walk over to the bath to play with Matteo a bit.

Meanwhile, I finished getting ready for bed. I just needed to take off my pants and change into my boxers. Then, I would be ready to go to sleep with Gabby in my arms.