Chapter 293

Matt's POV: After having supper with Jay and Erin, I smiled as I was now sitting on the couch with Gabby, feeling her lay down on my chest while curling her legs up next to mine and tugging the covers up on top of us. Kissing her forehead as I rubbed her legs, I smiled while looking at Jay and Erin. "So, when are you guys due again?" Erin then smiled at us. "We are due August 1st. And based on what happened last time, I am positive that is going to be the day I give birth."

Jay smiled when she said that before going to wrap his arm around her. "Yeah, we went a bit early even though we scheduled a C-Section. We were giving birth in the middle of a pandemic so, we wanted to have it scheduled. But, I am not sure if that's going to happen this time." I nodded and agreed before looking at Gabby and smiling at her. "If you need an ambulance, just call me personally...it'll be faster because it takes 3 minutes if you go through 911."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Honestly, I never understood how calling the firehouse sometimes went faster than calling 911. Also, are you guys giving birth at Med even though Will and Natalie aren't there anymore?" Jay was about to answer but Erin sighed. "I haven't spoke to Jay about this yet but...I am starting to change my mind. I am thinking of going to Prentice Women's Hospital. I know it's further away but...it's a dedicated Women's Hospital."

Jay nodded and understood. "Hey, I am going to support you. But, just remember that Will and Natalie are going to be coming back. And Natalie said that she already spoke to Goodwin about them getting privileges to help you give birth when they are here." Erin then nodded. "Right, I forgot about that. But, that was before we learned about her pregnancy. That might change now and we need to figure that out. Can we speak to your brother and go on a tour?"

Jay smiled and nodded as he held Erin close. "I am going to do whatever you want to do when it comes to you giving birth. You are the one who is going to go through it and I am just going to be the supportive husband. If you want to give birth at a certain hospital, then I am going to be there when you give birth. Just tell me the time and place, and I am going to be there the minute you tell me that you think we should head to the hospital. I promise."

Erin smiled when he said that before going to kiss him softly. Jay smiled as he kissed her slowly before hearing Lucky. "That reminds me, I think I need to take her out again." Erin nodded and agreed with him. "I am going to stay here until you are back okay?" Jay nodded and agreed as he got up and then looked at Lucky. "C'mon girl, let's go to the washroom for the last time. Then, we are going to get comfortable in bed." Getting up, Lucky then stretched.

Watching them away, I smiled as I turned to look at Gabby. "Okay, I know I said that it was never going to happen but...is it weird that I am starting to reconsider my stance on our kids having a dog?" Gabby smiled when I said that before cuddling up to me. "As much as I would love to give the kids a dog, we can't Matt. It's too much work for me and we both know that I am going to be the one doing most of the work since you are gone so often." I nodded and agreed, kissing her head before going to run my fingers through her hair.

"I promise, things will calm down and I am going to be home more often okay Gabby." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going to lay her head down on my chest. Erin just smiled when she did that before realizing that Gabby was probably tired. "Listen, if you guys want time alone...I can text Jay and tell him to just come back to our room instead of coming back here." Looking at Gabby, I smiled at her. "You getting tired?"

Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I am going to go get ready for bed. MInd letting Erin out?" I nodded and agreed, kissing her softly. "Be right in." Gabby then got up and looked at Erin. "Thanks for coming. This was fun." She agreed and smiled, getting up to hug Gabby. "Yeah, it was. Now listen, you go relax and have a good night with Matt. And tomorrow, just have some alone time. Maybe find somebody to pick up the kids for a bit." Gabby nodded and agreed. "No, I want them with us."

Erin nodded and agreed. "Of course. Now, I am going to go. Have a good night guys." Letting her out of our room, Gabby then went to close the door in between the suites before turning to look at me. "Want to just go lay down?" Gabby nodded and agreed as she walked over to me and grabbed my hand. Intertwining our fingers as we walked into our bedroomm, I smiled as we prepared to get in bed and just relax tonight.