Chapter 307

Matt's POV: After spending the past 30 minutes in bed with Gabby, I decided to get up so that I could get some work done while she and the kids were asleep. I know this wasn't what she might want me to do right now but...it has to get sometimes. Plus, I want to research how the baptism works in the Episcopal Church. And I also had to read fire reports. Oh the joy of being fire chief. Looking at Gabby, I decided to let her know what I was going to do. Sitting back down next to her on her side of the bed I moved to rub her back.

Gabby then rolled over and looked at me while smiling. "Hey, you got dressed." I nodded as I went to grab her hand and rubbed it. "Listen, you are tired and you can sleep okay? I am going to take a baby monitor with me and go do some work." Gabby then looked at me. "Chief work?" I nodded. "Yeah, I need to get it done sometime. I have those fire reports to look at. I would rather do it while you and the kids are taking a nap. Maybe when we are both awake, we can look up how baptism works in the Episcopal Church or, we can do it together later."

Gabby then sighed. "I wish I could ask you not to do your work but...I know that you are chief and that is is part of the job. I signed up for this." I sighed and went to kiss her softly. "I hate to stay this but...you kinda did. I know you didn't sign up for this when you married me but..." Gabby then shook her head. "Hey, that's not the truth." Gabby then went to sit up. "When we got married again Matt. I knew that you weren't going to quit. Well, I never expected you to. I knew that someday, you were going to move from Captain to Chief."

I was actually shocked when she said that. "You did?" Gabby nodded and smiled at me. "Yeah, this has been your destiny Matt and there was nobody else I could've ever seen taking over this job in the future. Matt, please do not question that this is what you are meant to do. You are an amazing chief, an amazing husband and a great dad. You can do it all. And I am so proud that you can do it all." I smiled when she said that and nodded before going to kiss her softly.. "You know I love you like crazy right?" Gabby nodded and agreed. "I know."

Gabby then went to check the time. "Think you can make lunch in say an hour since you are going to be down there or are you going to be too busy?" I then shook my head. "Hey, you are never going to have to say the last part of that question okay? My family always takes precedence over work. You know that Gabby. If you need lunch or the babies need to be fed, send me a text and I will make you something to eat. I promise." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed. "Why did I have to be so lucky?"

I smiled when she said that before nodding as I gave her one last kiss. "Listen, I am going to just be downstairs in my office. You need anything...and I mean anything, you just send me a text or give me a call and I will get it for you. You are on break. I promise." Gabby smiled when she said that while laying down more. She then went to grab my hand and smiled. "You have no idea how much I appreciate that Matt. It lets me relax so much. And I really need that whenever you are home. It's something I hate...feeling stressed when I know you are safe."

I nodded and agreed with her before going to rub her cheek. "Well, you can relax. Because I am here with you and I am safe Gabby. I promise." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "Now listen, go work so that when the kids are awake...you can head back to daddy mode." I then shook my head. "I am always in daddy mode. And I am also always in husband mode. If any of you guys need me, I will drop everything and be with you guys. I promise." Grabbing her hand, I went to rub it. "Forever." Gabby smiled when I said that before nodding as I kissed her.

Gabby then went to push me away. "Listen, you're stalling. So, get out of here and get to work okay? The faster you are done...the faster you are back with me either here in bed or cuddling with the kids. Speaking of the kids, can you check on them on your way down?" I nodded and agreed. "Of course." I then got up and smiled at Gabby as I held her hand. Letting it go, I then smiled as I walked out of our room and downstairs to check on the kids.

After making my way down to the second floor, I went to look in Matteo's room to see that he was just laying down in bed. Smiling at him, I saw him tug the covers up on top of him because I had the door open. "You tired buddy?" Matteo then turned to look at me and nodded before opening his arms, wanting a hug. Walking over to him, I then went to sit down and hugged him. "Sun in eyes." I then saw that his curtains were open a bit and nodded. Getting up, I went to close them. "That better?"Matteo then nodded.

Laying down in bed next to him, I smiled as I brought him close and then went to kiss his head. "Can you stay with me until I fall back asleep papa?" I nodded as I went to kiss his forehead softly. "Of course." Matteo then smiled as he just cuddled up to me and started to fall back asleep in my arms. What I didn't expect though was that I would fall asleep in there too.